• 73 results
#1 Edited by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

Even though I may not be a huge fan of this series... mainly due to my own cowardice. I fully admit to saying that the original 3 (and 4 in some circles) are highly awesome games.

The movie coming out near halloween... is not even close. (sorry, video upload not working for this trailer.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=e4zwspSMUQI

I swear, it is as though they just WANT to piss us off now. Even with the minimal things I know I about Silent Hill, this is a bastardization already. I am going to say this right here and now.

If you want a new great Silent Hill based thing ANYMORE. Tell all major studios to fuck themselves and make your own... I am being completely serious. When people are now making a damn Mother 4 it is also possible to make a fucking Silent Hill game nowadays. Sure, it may take a while. But let us all be honest here, the fans know more about the licence than ANYONE who works on the newer games and them movies.

Make a damn Silent Hill 5 or something YOURSELF! I know people here will say it is bad and all that... but look at what has been given us for the past few years. I would rather have a diehard fan of the series make a game with no experience whatsoever than newer studios and fucking movie companies. Can you guys really tell me that a fans passion is not as good as a bunch of shitty games or shitty movies? Fuck that. Many fan projects have been BETTER than the original games/movies/books quite a few times! Fuck, I have read better fan fiction of Mass Effect 3 than Mass Effect 3 itself! Even the... perverted ones are sadly better.

I know I am asking much. But let us be honest here. Silent Hill is a dead/dying franchise that is only running off of the original 3 (or 4) original games. Kinda like the Mother series which hasn't been re-released due to ungodly dumb copyright bullshit and also artistic integrity (those two words should honestly be banned IMO.)

Make your own people. It will most likely be better than anything Konami and any movie studio will ever produce. Fuck, who knows. If you do good enough they may offer you a job to make the games good again! Long shot, but it could happen... fuck, the United States always hires expert hackers and ultra criminals to work with them so it could happen with any situation really. You just gotta do it.

#2 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

I can't get the vid to play.

#3 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@falserelic said:

I can't get the vid to play.

And why is it giving me television static?

OK, yea, I can see why this is bad. Say what you will about Silent Hill 2, but it knew how to build atmosphere. This doesn't, or at least it's building the wrong atmosphere based on the Silent Hill name.

#4 Edited by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -
#5 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

I seen the trailer and HOLY SHIT! that looked terrible. That girl's acting as heather is just bad. But then again I can't say I'm surprised.

#6 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

THE DARKNESS IS COMING AGH!!!! RUN. Ha Ha Ha.

#7 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1821 posts) -

You know what? I'm still probably going to see it. Because I'm an idiot like that sometimes.

I'm also most likely going to go to the Silent Hill Halloween Horror Nights at Universal, because I like to get mad about things for no good reason.

#8 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

@SoldierG654342 said:

You know what? I'm still probably going to see it. Because I'm an idiot like that sometimes.

I'm also most likely going to go to the Silent Hill Halloween Horror Nights at Universal, because I like to get mad about things for no good reason.

After playing all the silent hill games. I just can't imagine actually going to the town. What if pyramid head comes and brutally rapes everybody.

#9 Posted by TheHT (11793 posts) -

Jon Snow and Eddard Stark reunite in Silent Hill. I'd watch that.

I'll probably watch this too. It doesn't look that bad, coming from someone who enjoyed the first one (to a specific point) and never played the games but enjoyed reading/hearing all about them.

#10 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

"ONE 3D REVELATION"

I almost laughed so hard I fell off my chair.

#11 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

"ONE 3D REVELATION"

I almost laughed so hard I fell off my chair.

Same, everytime I hear a movie has 3D. It just sends off bad signals to me.

#12 Posted by George_Hukas (1317 posts) -

Terrible sure, but to be fair, a guy wandering around in the fog alone doesn't really make for an interesting movie.

#13 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

@George_Hukas said:

Terrible sure, but to be fair, a guy wandering around in the fog alone doesn't really make for an interesting movie.

It depends how the movie is made.

#14 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@George_Hukas said:

Exactly... but with how the movie industry is... there is no hope. Just like I hope that the Shadow of the Colossus movie just fucking dies... I don't want to see it killed like this franchise.

#15 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

@Jay444111 said:

@falserelic said:

@George_Hukas said:

Exactly... but with how the movie industry is... there is no hope. Just like I hope that the Shadow of the Colossus movie just fucking dies... I don't want to see it killed like this franchise.

Wait a minute, there's a movie of Shadow Of The Colossus being made? Wow I'm surprise I didn't know about that just wow.

#16 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@Jay444111 said:

@falserelic said:

@George_Hukas said:

Wait a minute, there's a movie of Shadow Of The Colossus being made? Wow I'm surprise I didn't know about that just wow.

Announced a few months ago actually... I truly, TRULY hope that is just dies and we never hear of it again... I am fully honest about this.

#17 Posted by htr10 (360 posts) -

I don't know what you guys are talking about, this movie looks awesome! I love Silent Hill! Fingers in my ears! Hands over my eyes! Greatest movie of all-time! Ignoring all the evidence to the contrary cause I like the franchise! Last eight years of games and prior movie didn't happen! Everything is great! La La La La!

#18 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@htr10: But I liked Shattered Memories. : (

#19 Posted by iAmJohn (6134 posts) -

This would not be a surprise had you seen the first Silent Hill movie. It was bad. Respectable--admirable even--but bad.

#20 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

This would not be a surprise had you seen the first Silent Hill movie. It was bad. Respectable--admirable even--but bad.

Yeah it was bad, but not as bad as the resident evil movies.

#21 Edited by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@Jay444111: I don't understand, No where in your topic did you state why you thought it was a poor movie. I also doubt you have seen it. Also Jay, I hope you don't expect video game movies to ever be just the story of the video game in movie format. That is silly for several reasons.

1. People don't want to see things that they have already seen.
  2. People don't want to be spoiled
  3. Movies are not video games.

I thought the original Silent Hill movie was ok, except when they had the long explanation scene at the end, where they just said, "fuck it." Also I think that, at least the original Resident Evil movie is a good movie.

#22 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

...It looks like it will be so bad it will be good. I'll watch it.

#23 Posted by iAmJohn (6134 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@iAmJohn said:

Yeah it was bad, but not as bad as the resident evil movies.

I kind of liked the first one. The rest are increasingly awful.

#24 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1821 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@SoldierG654342 said:

After playing all the silent hill games. I just can't imagine actually going to the town. What if pyramid head comes and brutally rapes everybody.

That's why I want to go, I'm genuinely curious to see how for they go with everything. Is it just going to generic movie-ass shit or will they actually but some effort into it. I don't know why I'm curious, I mean it's Universal for fuck's sake.

#25 Edited by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@SoldierG654342 said:

@falserelic said:

@SoldierG654342 said:

That's why I want to go, I'm genuinely curious to see how for they go with everything. Is it just going to generic movie-ass shit or will they actually but some effort into it. I don't know why I'm curious, I mean it's Universal for fuck's sake.

You realize this is a squeal right?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384537/

#26 Edited by SoldierG654342 (1821 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

@SoldierG654342 said:

@falserelic said:

@SoldierG654342 said:

You realize this is a squeal right?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384537/

Yes, I was talking about the Silent Hill Halloween Horror Night's at Universal.

#27 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3245 posts) -

I'd much rather go to the Halloween horror nights than ever see that movie.

#28 Posted by Demoskinos (15156 posts) -

I'll watch it. The first movie was the same kind of terrible but I still enjoyed it and hell if they keep pace with the first movie at least they used Akira Yamaoka's music in the damn movie. Hearing that music lets me tolerate a lot of suck. Also, watching pyramid head wreck shit for 2 hours doesn't sound like the worst thing ever. The thing is the desolate exploration of the first games aren't going to capture the audience they want to capture. So you need the monster chase sequences and whatnot.

The thing that makes ZERO sense to me though is at the end of the first movie was searching for his wife and daughter the whole time while they were in silent hill and it pretty much outright showed that they were trapped in an alternate reality while Sean Bean's character was still in the real world. How sharon is alive and well with her dad is insanely confusing. But...whatever why I have no clue why I'm trying to piece together the logistics of this movie anyways.

#29 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

Oh come on, she's clearly not a high school student. She looks like she's 35.

Oh yeah and the rest of it looks pretty bad as well. I enjoyed the first movie (before I knew anything about the games and how the movie shit on the canon) but this one definitely looks worse than that one.

#30 Edited by EXTomar (4951 posts) -

I don't know...it looks like the usual, typical, and just as solid as anything else stamped "Silent Hill" setup for a Silent Hill thing. I'll withhold disappointment till it comes out.

#31 Posted by teh_destroyer (3574 posts) -

They are making another one? The first Silent Hill movie was actually alright, they should have left it at that.

#32 Posted by Demoskinos (15156 posts) -

@davidwitten22 said:

Oh yeah and the rest of it looks pretty bad as well. I enjoyed the first movie (before I knew anything about the games and how the movie shit on the canon) but this one definitely looks worse than that one.

Maybe she just failed grades alot. XD

#33 Edited by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

@Jay444111: I don't understand, No where in your topic did you state why you thought it was a poor movie. I also doubt you have seen it. Also Jay, I hope you don't expect video game movies to ever be just the story of the video game in movie format. That is silly for several reasons.

1. People don't want to see things that they have already seen.
  2. People don't want to be spoiled
  3. Movies are not video games.

I thought the original Silent Hill movie was ok, except when they had the long explanation scene at the end, where they just said, "fuck it." Also I think that, at least the original Resident Evil movie is a good movie.

I would like to watch something that is exactly the same as I played... because there is a high chance that when you do change it. It will almost 99% for certainty SUCK.

For the second point. People who most likely see Video game movies hope to see SOME plot points from the games in the movies... you know, for the sane fact that would be a good thing.

Agreed on the third one... but it also proves why movies suck universally overall.

I do think the first silent hill isn't bad. Just... average. Although the costume design and the music. Along with visuals did kick ass, the story... eh... acting was mixed, I thought the two leading women were good while everyone else was pretty damn average to bad like the little girl.

Also, I am willing to also admit that the first Resident Evil movie wasn't bad for the sane fact that the director was actually sane while making it. Seriously, If I was the guy who made the Resident Evil games. I would be fucking pissed off from 2 onward's to the point of getting the fucking rights back. At least the CGI movie they had actually WAS a Resident Evil movie... personal preference is debatable on it though. Unless they made a new one... didn't they start making a new one?

#34 Posted by Milkman (17326 posts) -

@davidwitten22 said:

Could you please introduce me to 35 year olds who look like that?

#35 Posted by MiniPato (2752 posts) -

I knew this was going to be bad the moment they slapped "Revelations" and "3D" on it. The otherworld looks neat, but man, a lot of the shots in that trailer looked TV quality.

#36 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4821 posts) -

Goddamit. I really, really liked the first movie up until the halfway mark give or take a bit and was hoping the sequel might be able to at least do something on that level, but this trailer does not give me any hope in the slightest bit.

#37 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

The only good thing about the first movie was Pyramid Head skinning that chick alive, if only for the "aw shit" factor. I'll still probably watch this one because bad movies like RE are a guilty pleasure of mine.

#38 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

Why does every bad movie title need to have the sub-title "Revelations", "Redemption", or likewise in its title?

#39 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

I haven't seen it so I can't say if this one ruins anything at all. Then again, I'm not just negative for no reason. 
The first one was actually, you know, true to a lot of things when it came to the Silent Hill games (many won't know that because they're too stupid to see it but, you know) 
So I'm looking forward to this as well. 

#40 Posted by Omega (836 posts) -

The trailer started out really good with the music (who doesn't love Promise (Reprise) from Silent Hill 2) and Sean Bean looked good as Harry Mason, and it looked promising in that it seemed like it was staying true to the story of Silent Hill 3. Even some of the monsters looked kinda cool. Then, of course, pyramid head shows up and from that moment on the trailer snowballs into terrible looking bullshit and sub par special effects and 3D.

Pyramid head has no business being in that movie, and the shot in the trailer where he is turning some kind of crank suggests to me that they replaced Valtiel with him. It makes sense from a business stand point I guess; everyone knows who pyramid head is, who the fuck knows who Valtiel is?

Can we please have a Silent Hill game/movie/book without pyramid head? Don't get me wrong I love pyramid head, but why must he be the face of the franchise and get trotted out for every little thing? If not him then its a cheap, ineffective knock off like the Bogeyman or the Butcher.

Monster design is hard work, I know, but c'mon.

#41 Edited by falserelic (5407 posts) -

As long as Silent Hill: 3D Revelation doesn't have forced cheesy scenes like Resident Evil: Afterlife. It might not be as terrible you feel me?

Just look at this shit. If anyone has played RE5 you can't help but feel how forced and cheesy this fight looked. Everyone in this vid didn't look believable they look like they was cosplaying. Its funny how shitty executed this fight is I LMAO during the whole scene.

#42 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Oh God, it's Sean Bean....he's gonna die.

#43 Posted by TwoLines (2841 posts) -

This is not a surprise. Good video game movies are a rare thing. I'd say Prince of Persia is the only one I can think of. As for the first Silent Hill movie... It was okay. It wasn't terrible.

#44 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1210 posts) -

Still not as bad as Resident Evil.

Plus Pyramid Head. ITS MOTHER FUCKING PYRAMID HEAD!

It can't be too bad. Imma see it. But just for Pyramid Head.

#45 Posted by CptBedlam (4458 posts) -

@Jay444111:

1. Silent Hill 2 is where it's at (3 is still pretty good though)

2. I'm not even watching that trailer. The first movie was already an utter disappointment.

3. There is no more "make it yourself", the original team is no more.

#46 Posted by CptBedlam (4458 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Another reason not to go see it. If the movie was faithful to the franchise, Pyramid Head wouldn't be in it.

#47 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1210 posts) -

@CptBedlam said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Another reason not to go see it. If the movie was faithful to the franchise, Pyramid Head wouldn't be in it.

But... but ... Pyramid Head....

#48 Posted by CptBedlam (4458 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@CptBedlam said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I said NO!

#49 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

Pyramid Head was the only thing I liked about the first silent hill movie. But like others said he made no sense being there, because he was apart of James imagination from SH2.

Just look at him he's like a beast. He's got the muscles that ridicules helmet he looks like he would rape somebody, just like in SH2.

#50 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1210 posts) -

@CptBedlam said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@CptBedlam said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I said NO!

FINE! ...But I hate you.