Another day, another Silent Hill thing ruined...

• 73 results
Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Arbie

Urgh. I hadn't heard anything about a new Silent Hill film until now and I'm pretty disappointed by the trailer. It just looks like any other run of the mill crappy horror film with a cheesy script and a bad lead actress. God I feel awful for saying that but, c'mon . . . can't they do better? Oh well, hopefully the film in its entirety will prove me wrong.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By IBurningStar

I don't know why they keep calling that guy Vincent, because that is NOT Vincent. I'm not happy with the trailer, but the only thing that has me really up in arms is Vincent. I didn't get even the smallest hint that he is anything like his video game counterpart. The film could turn out to be a fun, cool little flick, but that doesn't mean I'm happy with the character changes. 

dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By dropabombonit

Talk about missing the point of the games. At least the atmosphere in the first film was close to the games but this looks bad

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By FilipHolm

If only I knew how to program awesome looking games. We here at Giantbomb should start a game company or something.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#55  Edited By GS_Dan
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#56  Edited By Yummylee

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Oh God, it's Sean Bean....he's gonna die.

If his character runs down the same road as his video game counterpart, then that sounds awfully possible. Oh, Sean Bean. The movie industry's punching (stabbing/shooting/flaying/arm-ripping) bag T_T

Anyway I don't think the movie looks that bad. I mean the first wasn't particularly great either, so I guess I've just never had high expectations.

@IBurningStar said:

I don't know why they keep calling that guy Vincent, because that is NOT Vincent. I'm not happy with the trailer, but the only thing that has me really up in arms is Vincent. I didn't get even the smallest hint that he is anything like his video game counterpart. The film could turn out to be a fun, cool little flick, but that doesn't mean I'm happy with the character changes.

Vincent was the best character in SH3, too. But when you see a SH3 adaptation being bastardized into also featuring Pyramid Head for some stupid reason, then the overall faithfulness is clearly something people are going to have to let go of. Oh, but I agree with whoever said it's nice to see Eddark Stark and John Snow reunited :P

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#57  Edited By Jeust

I see it as a different take on Silent Hill. Doesn't look bad to me. Just different.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By htr10

Holy cow, guys, I just got approved to make my own Silent Hill movie. Alright, so it's gonna have Harry Mason returning to Silent Hill, but get this, right, this time he's going to have to team-up with PYRAMID HEAD! I bet you guys didn't see that coming. Think the surprises stop there? Ha, ha, the laughs are on you, because, wait for it, super secret twist, Pyramid Head is going to turn out to be a super hip DJ who plays all the hot remixes! Bought your ticket, yet? I bet you have, but in case you haven't, here's the tagline to sell you on this masterpiece: Harry Mason is returning to Silent Hill, but this time he's bringin' the noize!

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59  Edited By gaminghooligan

yea I miss the old silent hill. downpour was soooooooo bad and homecoming may have been worse. I am actually in that circle that liked 4. good read op

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By MikkaQ

@htr10 said:

Holy cow, guys, I just got approved to make my own Silent Hill movie. Alright, so it's gonna have Harry Mason returning to Silent Hill, but get this, right, this time he's going to have to team-up with PYRAMID HEAD! I bet you guys didn't see that coming. Think the surprises stop there? Ha, ha, the laughs are on you, because, wait for it, super secret twist, Pyramid Head is going to turn out to be a super hip DJ who plays all the hot remixes! Bought your ticket, yet? I bet you have, but in case you haven't, here's the tagline to sell you on this masterpiece: Harry Mason is returning to Silent Hill, but this time he's bringin' the noize!

Fuck yeah I'd watch that! If Pyramid Head's pyramid head was just some elaborate DJ disguise/stage costume ala Daft-Punk or Deadmau5 it would explain SO MUCH.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By davidwitten22

@MikkaQ said:

@htr10 said:

Fuck yeah I'd watch that! If Pyramid Head's pyramid head was just some elaborate DJ disguise/stage costume ala Daft-Punk or Deadmau5 it would explain SO MUCH.

Agreed, I'd much rather watch that then whatever this is likely to turn out to be.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#62  Edited By cornbredx

I dont know. I love the original (4) silent hill games, loved the first movie and am stoked there will be another one.

And Sean Bean.

I'll probably go see this and buy the blu the ray.

*shrug*

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Silver-Streak

Ok, despite all the (Understandable) hate for Pyramid head being in the movie, the weird key thing, and the extra love interest Vincent change, the trailer seemingly follows the story of Silent Hill 3 exactly?

If Pyramid is playing Valtiel's role, that kind of sucks, but still works.

Were people expecting it to be Silent Hill 2? I'm not sure where the hate is.

Silent Hill is a horror game. They're going to make it a horror movie, not a Psychological Drama.

This looks leagues better than the original did, and the Original was pretty decent for the first 45-60 minutes.

I will gladly go see this in 2D.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By BraveToaster

"You know nothing about Silent Hill, Jon Snow."

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By Sackmanjones

I....kinda like the first movie...

*hides*

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I love that you made a Silent Hill movie trailer into an excuse to flip about Mass Effect 3. You're like one of those guys on the street shouting about "THE GOVERNMENT!"

And yeah that trailer is pretty tacky. I like that it's basically the Silent Hill 3 story but it's done with the same kind of subtlety that marked Final Destination. Of course, stupid fucking audiences have no use for subtlety so why should you expect anything else?

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#67  Edited By Little_Socrates

I know very, very little about Silent Hill. Maybe that's why this trailer looks kind of awesome to me. I'd rather watch a movie that seems to completely break the Silent Hill canon than just watch one of the games brought to life. That's why Resident Evil: Apocalypse was so much worse than Resident Evil; they worked too hard to stick to a game that didn't fit the movie they wanted to make. Yes, she's unbelievable as an actress and as a high-school student; I was under the impression that she was the teacher, rolling around with her dad because she had to escape. But it looks sufficiently creepy.

I can guarantee the new Silent Hill will have a lot of wandering around because that's extremely cheap to produce. I'm just worried they've either played too much of their hand or will allow that pre-Silent Hill stuff to go waaaay too long. As for the complaint about pacing, it's a trailer. All trailers for horror films are terrible or not paced appropriately to the movie.

MIS-PACED:

(though the parallelism is obviously noted)

KIND OF AWFUL:

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Sterling

I liked the first one, and this one looks like it will be decent also. I think people just like to hate on video game movies because they are not exactly canon. But who in the hell wants to watch that. You would all complain even more if they made a video game movie that the exact script of the video game.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By napalm

As long as they keep the transitions between worlds appropriately fucked up and freaky, they can do whatever they want. The first movie had some absolutely amazing world transition scenes. I think the rest of the movie was absolutely awesome, too.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Coafi

If the movie was bit more like this video, I would watch it.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Mrsignerman44

If they had used the Silent Hill 3 theme, they would have at least saved the trailer. But no, they just didn't do that.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By killacam

that looks way better than i had expected. i'll check it out.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Coafi said:

If the movie was bit more like this video, I would watch it.

Same here. That was hilarious.