And tomato sauce.

So if you eat spaghetti,

All covered with cheese,

Hold on to your meatball,

Whenever you sneeze.

#2 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Wrong site.

#3 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

Depends on how you would go about it. If you say it like that its restraining order creepy. If you say something simple like "I seen some of your artwork and it was really nice blah blah blah" then its not so bad.

#4 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5036 posts) -
#5 Posted by Hamst3r (4516 posts) -

You should just send her this forum post and ask her to reply.

#6 Edited by HatKing (6021 posts) -

@BestUsernameEver said:

Wrong site.

Nuh-uh!

#7 Posted by pantzing_nome (583 posts) -

Just tell her that you would like to touch her shoulder, also

#8 Posted by Buscemi (1106 posts) -

@HatKing said:

@BestUsernameEver said:

Wrong site.

I waited and was not disappointed.

#9 Posted by HatKing (6021 posts) -

Great. Just wanted to gauge me insanity. Yeah, that's right. ME insanity.

#10 Posted by HatKing (6021 posts) -

@Buscemi: Does still count when I do it myself?

#11 Edited by Jeust (10735 posts) -

Well starting by coming clean with your fondness of her isn't probably the best thing, as she might find you creepy. I would start casually. Sending a friend request, some quick chats online, hobbies, how you like her drawings, friends, coffee... :p

#12 Posted by Subjugation (4724 posts) -

Four of the dating advice line pictures on the first page so far. Impressive.

#13 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Play through catherine, your girl troubles will be solved.

#14 Posted by Patman99 (1603 posts) -

I feel like these threads would be a total downer if that picture of Ryan wasnt posted.

#15 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1789 posts) -
#16 Posted by N7 (3593 posts) -

You are not Johnny Depp. You cannot just message this person and say "HEY LOOK I SAW YOUR ARTWORK I WANT TO KNOW YOU". It does not work. Get one of the people who know you to introduce you both.  Get to know her by hanging out with her. Do it in a group environment so you don't make yourself out to be some creeper.

After a while, ask her if she wants to go do something. Honestly, if I were you, I'd take her rollerskating. Bonus points if you don't know how. And if she asks "why rollerskating? Why not a movie?" tell her "Well how fun would it be to sit next to each other for an hour and a half and not even interact?" No. Only see a movie if she'll go to YOUR house. See a movie that's scary but not too scary, like The Evil Dead. That's perfect for every occasion. You have to get the mood right though. Don't talk about no stupid shit. Don't allude to anything. If the mood is right, you can put your arm around her and BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE.

Don't fail me son.

#17 Posted by GTCknight (701 posts) -

@Patman99: It would be a total downer. I was around pre-Ryan poster, it wasn't very great. You would show up read the first page, type wrong site and leave.

#18 Posted by Fattony12000 (7515 posts) -
Crushin' Hard
#19 Posted by HatKing (6021 posts) -

@N7 said:

You are not Johnny Depp. You cannot just message this person and say "HEY LOOK I SAW YOUR ARTWORK I WANT TO KNOW YOU".

That's almost exactly what I did.

#20 Posted by guiseppe (2842 posts) -

Just tell it like it is.

#21 Posted by Shirogane (3579 posts) -

@HatKing said:

@N7 said:

You are not Johnny Depp. You cannot just message this person and say "HEY LOOK I SAW YOUR ARTWORK I WANT TO KNOW YOU".

Well in that case....Bordeline restraining order. You screwed up buddy, real bad. Hope you quick saved.

#22 Posted by Patman99 (1603 posts) -

@GTCknight: Yeah, I remember the first time I saw the Ryan picture in a thread and absolutely lost my shit. It just fits this site and the sheer amount of relationship threads perfectly.

#23 Edited by HatKing (6021 posts) -

@Shirogane said:

@HatKing said:

@N7 said:

Well in that case....Bordeline restraining order. You screwed up buddy, real bad. Hope you quick saved.

We'll see. I'll be sure to update with the response. I'm sick of keeping quiet while the cool girl gets with the asshole.

#24 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Man, why can't you all just believe in love.

#25 Posted by Sackmanjones (4738 posts) -
@HatKing

@BestUsernameEver said:

Wrong site.

Nuh-uh!

Just doing my civil duty making sure this picture is up. Everything seems to be in order
#26 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4690 posts) -

@HatKing said:

@Shirogane said:

@HatKing said:

@N7 said:

We'll see. I'll be sure to update with the response. I'm sick of keeping quiet while the cool girl gets with the asshole.

Well, I hope it works out for you.

#27 Posted by HatKing (6021 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@HatKing said:

@Shirogane said:

@HatKing said:

@N7 said:

Well, I hope it works out for you.

Oh, even if it does I'll have plenty of other opportunities to fuck it up.

#28 Posted by drGiggless (222 posts) -

Definitely code 4 creeper alert territory. Might as well hire a lawyer now so you can get the restraining order removed when it arrives in the mail.

#29 Posted by medacris (666 posts) -

Just hope for the best and space out your messages to her.

And honestly, it's the people who don't like Mortal Kombat who are insane.

#30 Posted by Buscemi (1106 posts) -

@HatKing: What speak, no understand.

#31 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2186 posts) -

Creepy as fuck.

#32 Posted by gamefreak9 (2369 posts) -

just putting this out there...Your not special... stop calling yourself insane... It sounds like a little boy asking for attention and you said your not 16... so u must be 17? :P Anw i think its viable to msg a girl online, let us know if it works so I can try it out.

#33 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Touch her shoulder....

#34 Edited by Giantstalker (1675 posts) -

... there's probably a better way to handle this.

#35 Posted by drGiggless (222 posts) -

Look through random people on facebook and send her a message out of the blue and she has no idea who you are. There is no way this can fail.

#36 Posted by Astromarine (77 posts) -

@HatKing said:

@Shirogane said:

@HatKing said:

@N7 said:

You're kinda-sorta online stalking her and giving status updates about it on a nerd message board; YOU'RE THE ASSHOLE IN THIS SCENARIO.

#37 Posted by tachyon (18 posts) -
#38 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

@HatKing said:

EDIT EDIT: Also, she likes Mortal Kombat.

I think that's all you really need, go do sex now!

#39 Posted by Fallen189 (5033 posts) -

You sound stupid

#40 Posted by Adziboy (702 posts) -

Just put yourself in the girls situation. Some guy likes your artwork and thinks your hot. Girls love that shit - they don't admit it, but they do. She probably orgasmed over the attention and the out of the blue message. Unless she's that hot and get's them daily, then you're going to look like 'one of the rest'.

Worst case scenario she blocks you on facebook and you never get to meet her.

Actually, worst case scenario - you go out with friends, see her, she tells everyone you fancy her, lols all around.

#41 Posted by drGiggless (222 posts) -

I doubt she orgasmed over his facebook confession of love. Maybe a slight tingling sensation at most, but it was probably her spidey senses telling her to move to another state and change her name.

#42 Posted by Baillie (4245 posts) -

So, why the fuck haven't you posted her picture, or her name? We want to stalk her just as much as you.

#43 Posted by RPGee (759 posts) -

Yo dude, can I just say something? You have some of my respect for going for it at least. I mean, you fucked up, by the look of it, by sounding like a super creepy stalker rapist (harsh but true, if what posts are saying), but at least having the courage makes you just that little bit better.

And now all you can do is learn from your mistakes for next time. Don't go whole hog into it (I've done that, and let me tell you, not pretty) but go for a gently-gently approach. Who knows, maybe she was really cold and bitchy, and no fun to be around, just to play devil's advocate? You could have dodged a serious bullet.

But truely, don't beat yourself up. You've taken a half-step by actually talking to a girl, and now you just have to polish up your approach. Have faith, my man!

This message has been brought to you by the Giant Bomb Xtreme Girl Advice Line. Read this, you'll feel better.

#44 Posted by NegativeCero (3012 posts) -

Well now that you took the plunge an update is expected. But I do think it's creepy.

#45 Posted by N7 (3593 posts) -

Yeah, I want an update. Did my plan work? Are you together now?

#46 Posted by HatKing (6021 posts) -

@NegativeCero: @N7:

She responded. And, shockingly, was not bothered by the creepiness. She was more just curious about what drove me to find her. We are currently talking.

"Sometimes crazy is the best way to go."

-Urdnot Wrex

#47 Posted by Little_Socrates (5683 posts) -

If you have to make any more bizarre decisions, you need to submit them to My Brother, My Brother And Me so I can hear the McElroy brothers goof on them.

Congrats on it maybe working out this time, though!

#48 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Hamst3r said:

You should just send her this forum post and ask her to reply.

YES! This is the new default position for girl advice.

#49 Posted by RVonE (4657 posts) -

@Adziboy said:

Just put yourself in the girls situation. Some guy likes your artwork and thinks your hot. Girls love that shit - they don't admit it, but they do. She probably orgasmed over the attention and the out of the blue message.

Is that what you actually believe?

#50 Posted by Adziboy (702 posts) -
@RVonE By saying 'girls don't admit it' I mean that 'all girls admit it'. Some may not like attention, but compliments? Someone interested in them? Yes, of course I believe it, because probably every single girl I've met would or have agreed with that.