Answering The Call Of Duty... Again

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

Edited By DBoy

I think that, in the future, I should just keep my mouth shut.

Just 2 days ago, TWO DAMN DAYS AGO, I said I wouldn't be getting Call of Duty: World at War right away, that I would enjoy the games that I have in my possession right now and wait a while before I get it.  Guess what?  Yep, that's right.

After reading some reviews on the game, I decided, against my better judgment (yeah right), to go out and buy the game.  I quite enjoyed CoD 4's story and this one seems to be even better and more grandiose.  The online wasn't half bad either, even though I suck balls at it.  Another interesting aspect of this iteration is the 4-player co-op you can engage in while in story mode.  As always, if any of you guys out there have the game and want to play some co-op or online, don't hesitate to hit me up.  I'll try to have first impressions on the game to give you in this weekend's D-Boy's Den.

Speaking of online, I've been playing my fair share of Gears of War 2 a.k.a. GARZ!! online with the usual suspects.  Although playing with those crazy folks is always a hoot, I'm not particularly enjoying this game's online component that much.  Now, before you start flooding my PM box and this blog's comment section with threats and insults, hear me out.  This is MY personal opinion and MINE only, not the general consensus of planet Earth.  You are allowed to agree or disagree, but please, keep it civil.

Anyhoo, GARZ TOO's online.  I don't like the maps all that much.  Hail is OK, but that's pretty much it.  I'd rather play the throwback map pack than the maps included in the retail game.  Also, I don't feel the same passion, the same fire that I used to feel when playing the original Gears.  I have no idea why, it's just like that.  Maybe it'll come back, maybe it won't, I don't know.  Another thing.  I can handle a Team Deathmatch here and there, but it loses it's sparkle after 20 consecutive matches.  Variety is the spice of life, but that seems lost on some people.  I really enjoy Meatflag and Horde, but I feel like I'm the only one who does in the group.  Now, I won't talk about how the shotgun feels ridiculously under-powered and how cheap chainsaw kills are sometimes, because that would sound like I'm crying over spilt milk.  I'm not the best Gears player out there, so these little quirps stick out now more than ever and it's just not fun.  Maybe I'll warm up to GARZ TOO's online one day, but I doubt it.

SmackDown vs Raw 09 is much, much better than I ever thought it would be.  The Road to WrestleMania mode is unbelievably well done and very entertaining.  I've completed Chris Jericho's "road", which was alright, and am now doing Triple H's.  One thing I noticed right off the bat is the color commentary from Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler.  it actually sounds like they are describing what is going on in the ring, instead of talking nonsense.  They redid most of the commentary and it shows.  As if you haven't noticed yet, I'm quite enjoying the game.

Last but certainly not least, I joined the infamous MGU.  Let's just hope they don't kick me out after witnessing my uber suckage in online games.

Salut!

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DBoy

I think that, in the future, I should just keep my mouth shut.

Just 2 days ago, TWO DAMN DAYS AGO, I said I wouldn't be getting Call of Duty: World at War right away, that I would enjoy the games that I have in my possession right now and wait a while before I get it.  Guess what?  Yep, that's right.

After reading some reviews on the game, I decided, against my better judgment (yeah right), to go out and buy the game.  I quite enjoyed CoD 4's story and this one seems to be even better and more grandiose.  The online wasn't half bad either, even though I suck balls at it.  Another interesting aspect of this iteration is the 4-player co-op you can engage in while in story mode.  As always, if any of you guys out there have the game and want to play some co-op or online, don't hesitate to hit me up.  I'll try to have first impressions on the game to give you in this weekend's D-Boy's Den.

Speaking of online, I've been playing my fair share of Gears of War 2 a.k.a. GARZ!! online with the usual suspects.  Although playing with those crazy folks is always a hoot, I'm not particularly enjoying this game's online component that much.  Now, before you start flooding my PM box and this blog's comment section with threats and insults, hear me out.  This is MY personal opinion and MINE only, not the general consensus of planet Earth.  You are allowed to agree or disagree, but please, keep it civil.

Anyhoo, GARZ TOO's online.  I don't like the maps all that much.  Hail is OK, but that's pretty much it.  I'd rather play the throwback map pack than the maps included in the retail game.  Also, I don't feel the same passion, the same fire that I used to feel when playing the original Gears.  I have no idea why, it's just like that.  Maybe it'll come back, maybe it won't, I don't know.  Another thing.  I can handle a Team Deathmatch here and there, but it loses it's sparkle after 20 consecutive matches.  Variety is the spice of life, but that seems lost on some people.  I really enjoy Meatflag and Horde, but I feel like I'm the only one who does in the group.  Now, I won't talk about how the shotgun feels ridiculously under-powered and how cheap chainsaw kills are sometimes, because that would sound like I'm crying over spilt milk.  I'm not the best Gears player out there, so these little quirps stick out now more than ever and it's just not fun.  Maybe I'll warm up to GARZ TOO's online one day, but I doubt it.

SmackDown vs Raw 09 is much, much better than I ever thought it would be.  The Road to WrestleMania mode is unbelievably well done and very entertaining.  I've completed Chris Jericho's "road", which was alright, and am now doing Triple H's.  One thing I noticed right off the bat is the color commentary from Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler.  it actually sounds like they are describing what is going on in the ring, instead of talking nonsense.  They redid most of the commentary and it shows.  As if you haven't noticed yet, I'm quite enjoying the game.

Last but certainly not least, I joined the infamous MGU.  Let's just hope they don't kick me out after witnessing my uber suckage in online games.

Salut!

pill92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By pill92

I will deff  be hitting you up for some Call of Duty :World at War co-op and maybe a little garz 2.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By gearhead

Call of Duty, I will get it if the rest of the guys get it. More specifically, the old guys that played it last year. I love Gears of War 2, but I can see your frustrations.

stevieq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By stevieq

Aww, I was looking forward to playing some Gears 2 online with you. Here's hoping you come to your senses :P

jeanm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 29

#5  Edited By jeanm

I really enjoyed COD4's storyline because of it's modern setting and the plot also dealt with a lot things happening nowadays with the war and stuff. Going back to World War 2.....ugh...I don't know. If the gameplay is there sure, i'll check it out but i'd rather just stick with Gears 2 for my online craves and Fallout 3 for offline.

Infinity Ward FTW!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I thought Horde and Meatflag are great modes. I do agree about the shotgun and the chainsaw. They're both unbalanced weapons that make absolutely no sense. I hope Epic patches dat sheet up, yall.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Bruce

God...I haven't bought a game in weeks.

temperedvortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By temperedvortex

I kinda want World at War, but I'm gonna have to wait to get it. I think there was only 2 maps I liked from the original gears but since I didnt like the multiplayer to begin with I didnt care. and i haven't seen gears of war 2's maps.

BraindeadRacr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BraindeadRacr

You joined the MGU? Anyway, from what it looks like CoD:WaW is a better-than-decent game. Hope you can confirm that. It looks really promising.

Torb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Torb

I'd like to pick up WaW as well. As for Gears, the only thing holding me to the versus modes are the people I play with...
I definitely feel your pain.

ZER01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ZER01

Im looking forward to hearing your views on this one. Sorry that i have not comented in a while. I have been away sorting out some family issues. But im back now. :)

Brandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By Brandy

I knew it! I called it days ago! Man I should've made a bet with you about CoD - I'd be rolling in the money now. :-P At any rate, have fun with all your new games!

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with you about Gears 2. In my opinion, they butchered the multiplayer....it's really just sad.

Be sure to let us know how CoD: WaW is....I can't decide if I want to get it or not, the beta was alright but definetly nothing special.

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By RenegadeSaint

Woohoo for MGU!

MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MsCortana

I second Nick in his woohoo for MGU!  Dennis we had a great time playing with you.  Lets do it again sometime soon. :D

ElectricHaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ElectricHaggis

I'm really only going to get Gears 2 for the single player and co-op stuff.  Cometitive multiplayer isn't really my thing.