Anticipation...

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

Edited By DBoy

... will have to continue for a little while.

I've had a rough day, both at work and with other personal stuff, so you'll excuse me if I'm not quite in the mood to shoot a video tonight.  You'll just have to hang in there for one more day until I reveal the #1 game on my countdown.

In the meantime, I'll reveal some other awards I mentioned yesterday.

Most Disappointing Game

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Remember that oh-so marvelous Star Destroyer sequence?  I bet you do.  How frustratingly annoying.  It's just one of the reasons why The Force Unleashed was so disappointing for me.  Being a huge Star Wars geek, I was looking forward to this game a whole lot.  Heck, I even thought it would finish atop of my list this year.  Sadly, it was far from even getting there.  Although it did have a solid story (aside from the ridiculous Dark Side ending) and some good voice acting, the bad camera angles and oftentimes frustrating gameplay made this game a huge disappointment for me.  Let's just hope The Old Republic redeems the Star Wars name in 2009.

Favorite Movie

Wall-E

Alright, I'm sure I'll get some flack here by not choosing The Dark Knight.  Although it was a superb motion picture in it's own right, and Heath Ledger's performance was unforgettable, Wall-E was an astounding achievement in movie making.  Not only is the overall animation a pure visual delight, the very human feelings that stem from Wall-E are something to behold.  Even though he barely speaks (I think he says 2 or 3 words in the entire movie), his body language and "emotion" made me both laugh out loud and shed a tear.  In more ways than one, it reminded me of some of Chaplin's work.  In my opinion, this is the best Disney / Pixar motion picture ever made, and one of my favorites of all time.

Favorite Album

Death Magnetic by Metallica

If 2008 was the year for sequel in both the video game and movie industries, it was a year of comebacks in the music industry.  Although Britney "I'm not crazy" Spears and Kid "US Army Propaganda" Rock did make comebacks, they hardly even come close to Metallica's.  After the abysmal St. Anger, they came back in full force with Death Magnetic, which was a throwback to the good ol' Metallica days of yore.  It reminded me of a mix between ... And Justice For All and The Black Album, with some Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets sprinkled in for good measure.  Let's hope future Metallica endeavors are as good as this one.

So, there you go.  I hope you respect my choices and go easy on me.  As for my #1 favorite game of the year, I hope to bring it to you tomorrow.

Have a great one.
DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1  Edited By DBoy

... will have to continue for a little while.

I've had a rough day, both at work and with other personal stuff, so you'll excuse me if I'm not quite in the mood to shoot a video tonight.  You'll just have to hang in there for one more day until I reveal the #1 game on my countdown.

In the meantime, I'll reveal some other awards I mentioned yesterday.

Most Disappointing Game

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Remember that oh-so marvelous Star Destroyer sequence?  I bet you do.  How frustratingly annoying.  It's just one of the reasons why The Force Unleashed was so disappointing for me.  Being a huge Star Wars geek, I was looking forward to this game a whole lot.  Heck, I even thought it would finish atop of my list this year.  Sadly, it was far from even getting there.  Although it did have a solid story (aside from the ridiculous Dark Side ending) and some good voice acting, the bad camera angles and oftentimes frustrating gameplay made this game a huge disappointment for me.  Let's just hope The Old Republic redeems the Star Wars name in 2009.

Favorite Movie

Wall-E

Alright, I'm sure I'll get some flack here by not choosing The Dark Knight.  Although it was a superb motion picture in it's own right, and Heath Ledger's performance was unforgettable, Wall-E was an astounding achievement in movie making.  Not only is the overall animation a pure visual delight, the very human feelings that stem from Wall-E are something to behold.  Even though he barely speaks (I think he says 2 or 3 words in the entire movie), his body language and "emotion" made me both laugh out loud and shed a tear.  In more ways than one, it reminded me of some of Chaplin's work.  In my opinion, this is the best Disney / Pixar motion picture ever made, and one of my favorites of all time.

Favorite Album

Death Magnetic by Metallica

If 2008 was the year for sequel in both the video game and movie industries, it was a year of comebacks in the music industry.  Although Britney "I'm not crazy" Spears and Kid "US Army Propaganda" Rock did make comebacks, they hardly even come close to Metallica's.  After the abysmal St. Anger, they came back in full force with Death Magnetic, which was a throwback to the good ol' Metallica days of yore.  It reminded me of a mix between ... And Justice For All and The Black Album, with some Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets sprinkled in for good measure.  Let's hope future Metallica endeavors are as good as this one.

So, there you go.  I hope you respect my choices and go easy on me.  As for my #1 favorite game of the year, I hope to bring it to you tomorrow.

Have a great one.
temperedvortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By temperedvortex

I think Force Unleashed was very disapointing but Mercenaries 2 was probably more disapointing for me. never saw Wall-E though it looks good and Death Magnetic is a great album. I should thank you for the idea of making the most disapointing game, best movie of 2008, etc, awards because I think it's an idea I will use.

SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SimpsonFan

DM owned all!

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Dalai

Misleading title... for me, anyway.

Nothing better than the big hair and big sweaters that were the 1980s.
Nothing better than the big hair and big sweaters that were the 1980s.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Wall-E is one of the greatest films I have ever seen in a long time. Metallica is a awesome too, especially with it's album.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By LiquidPrince

I liked Force Unleashed.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By gearhead

So about Force Unleashed, I told you so. : P
Hope you have a better work day, and I think that Wall-E was surly not the best animated movie, when compared to the amazing Ratatouille, and I think that the best movie of this year of Benjamin Bottoms.

Brandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By Brandy

Yay for Wall-E...I've still only seen the first bit of the film, but after playing the PS2 game, I feel I understand the plot pretty well, and yes, it is a great story. So many "awww" moments, that's for sure.

MrBojangles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MrBojangles

force unleashed is so fucking annoying, and i have yet to see wall-e

darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By darro

Going to watch Wall-E on Christmas Day and looking forward to checking it out since I love my Pixar Movies (have all of them apart from it atm).  Knew Force Unleashed was going to be your Most Disappointing Game.  I was disappointed with it as well and the SD sequence was what killed the game for so many people. 

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By bwooduhs

Iplayed the demo for star wars and was so hyped. And then i played the rest of the game. I had to cry myself asleep for two nights after that.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By SSbabel

Star Wars didnt deserve being the most dissapointing game, if i were you i would of put Mercenaries 2 or Mirrors Edge.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By samcotts

Completely agree with you with Wall-E, brilliant movie. My most disappointing game would have to be Far Cry 2. As for best album, The Killers - Day and Age.

Avatar image for deactivated-579a5a254c9a3
deactivated-579a5a254c9a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wall-E was totally amazing.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never bothered with Force Unleashed, the demo put the writing on the wall for me. I agree with Death Magnetic as album of the year, Wall-E looks like a cool movie.

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Quadrifoglio

Death Magnetic is fucking amazing.

Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Vod_Crack

Wall-E > All... definitely, must agree

Stealthoneill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Stealthoneill

My biggest let down was Farcry 2, although it was a good, solid first person shooter it had the potential to be so much more than it was.

Wall-E rocked for both kids and adults, great choice!

AndyWilliams24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AndyWilliams24

Come on, we all know its Fallout 3. ;)

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Gameboi

I loved Forced Unleashed (minus the annoying Star Destroyer scene), and hated Wall-E.  No freakin' words throughout most of it, and it felt like I was watching environmental propaganda instead of a children's movie.

skonell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By skonell

I must be the only one who still thinks Toy Story is the best Pixar movie. :(

Anyways, can't wait to see what your number one game of '08 is!

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22  Edited By JamesF

Kung Fu Panda was funnier and, I think, more entertaining than Wall - E. As for Death Magnetic, yeah. I really enjoyed that album as well.