• 61 results
#1 Posted by GwynethStrong (5 posts) -

Okay I see like tons of gamer guys with there non gaming girlfriends, and every online article I see assumes this is the norm. HOW TO GET YOUR GIRLFRIEND TO PLAY

WHAT TO DO WHEN HE'S PLAYING GAMES

ect ect.

So i'm wondering about the opposite, gamer girls with non gamer boyfriends, i'm curious is anyone is in this situation it's just such a role reversal I want to see it.

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -

I sense an ulterior motive.

#3 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

O shiznet.....

#4 Posted by JasonR86 (9657 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Yeah. I can't put my finger on it but something is off here.

#5 Edited by Dagbiker (6966 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

I see this getting weird. And I also see this getting creepy. But at least you broke my expectations by not flat out asking to be someones boyfriend.

PS: it is an interesting question.

#6 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -

No. 

None.

#7 Posted by GwynethStrong (5 posts) -

I am just legit curious. because you never see it.

#8 Edited by DonutFever (3551 posts) -
@GwynethStrong said:

I am just legit curious. because you never see it.

Well, to give you a real answer, a few of my friends who play a few mainstream games (Call of Duty and the like) have dated guys who don't play games at all, so yes. 

EDIT: Why?
#9 Posted by Sackmanjones (4687 posts) -

I'm sure there are some somewhere but not much. I was the latter but somehow got my girlfriend into minor gaming which I'm quite proud of if I do say do myself...

#10 Posted by Rohok (554 posts) -

Any girls without boyfriends want to date in Colorado? Please send PM.

#11 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

Once we get enough of us in here and we lure some girl into the thread I bet we can pin her down and do what we need to do and then be gone before anyone knows what's happened.

#12 Edited by Dagbiker (6966 posts) -

Lets see how many posters post before an actual woman posts?

My guess, Its going to be SparklyKiss, and shes only posting here to lock the thread.

#13 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

@BiffMcBlumpkin said:

Once we get enough of us in here and we lure some girl into the thread I bet we can pin her down and do what we need to do and then be gone before anyone knows what's happened.

Only if after you make a photoshop tribute.

#14 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

@Rohok said:

Any girls without boyfriends want to date in Colorado? Please send PM.

I'm not a girl and I don't live anywhere near Colorado but I'm sending you a PM anyway (a cartoon penis with a top hat and cane.)

#15 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -
@Dagbiker said:

On the internet? 

You're gonna be waiting a long damn time.
#16 Posted by PenguinDust (12491 posts) -

Yeah, bring on the hot chicks 'cause I'm a hot stud.

#17 Posted by psylah (2170 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

What about fake women

#18 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@Dagbiker: Shall I then?

I've had one boyfriend who did not play videogames at all, others always played to some degree (MMO's, CoD/Fifa/etc) but gamed nonetheless.
We broke up because we clashed with our hobbies, he didn't like gaming (together) and I didn't like hanging out in bars (together).
#19 Posted by Dagbiker (6966 posts) -

@psylah said:

@Dagbiker said:

What about fake women

I guess if you can fake it well enough.

#20 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

@psylah said:

@Dagbiker said:

What about fake women

Like Brad wearing a wig? That would be sexy as Hell too, get a big eyefull of his manpussy, his mussy if you will. If you won't I apologize.

#21 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Single female gamers don't have non gamer boyfriends.

#22 Posted by SuperCycle (332 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong: You didn't like hanging out at bars together? Not only does it suck that you can't play games together, you couldn't even get drunk together? For Shame.

#23 Posted by StarvingGamer (8146 posts) -

I know one of my gamer exes had a boyfriend before me that didn't play video games.

#24 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@SuperCycle: Not sure how its over there but you can buy booze in supermarkets and liquir stores just as easy here.
It really sucks to not have shared hobbies and not being able to bring up the interest for another's.
I mean, I can, but I just disliked hanging in bars with his friends almost every night, just as he disliked gaming or watching a movie/series together at home. 
#25 Posted by Xolare (1279 posts) -

Who the fuck gives a shit?

#26 Posted by Demoskinos (14763 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong: Ugh. The whole bar hopping shtick is so beyond me. Was he also the kind that constantly talked about "smashed" he got the night before. I mean, I don't mind people who drink but when it becomes your hobby that is all you talk about it just becomes suuuuper annoying.

#27 Edited by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@Demoskinos: Nah he was alright in that regard, just really big on being out and about.
If he drunk too much he could stumble to his own home, drunk people suck, he really was just hanging out with his friends every free moment he got and that didn't work out in the end.
#28 Posted by Demoskinos (14763 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong: Yeah, not really a fan of being around drunks myself or well.. drinking.

#29 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

@Xolare said:

Who the fuck gives a shit?

#30 Edited by Bocam (3718 posts) -

Wanna play a game of pretend? I could be your gamer girl.

#31 Posted by BoG (5187 posts) -

I wish that I could prevent all male users from posting in this topic. Don't be jerks, guys.

I actually know a woman who is a huge PC gamer. She's a diamond in SC2, has beaten Diablo III on every difficulty, and plays SWToR. She has a husband and three children, all of whom have absolutely zero interest in video games.

#32 Posted by SuperCycle (332 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong: Okay, every night does sound kind of stupid and extremely expensive, But it's nice to get out and get social every once in a while. The whole point of a bar, at least in my experience, is to talk about good times and get to the point where funny shit happens. I agree though, you've got to have something in common to do with your partner, or you'll just drift apart.

#33 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

I know one of my gamer exes had a boyfriend before me that didn't play video games.

Totally thought you were a dude.

#34 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@SuperCycle: Sitting on a bar stool 5 nights per week was not my idea of being social.
#35 Posted by TooWalrus (13164 posts) -

@BiffMcBlumpkin said:

RAPE CULTURE!!

#36 Posted by Alkaiser (358 posts) -

Guys, how do I get my parrot into video games? I think I'll have to take him back if he keeps dropping combos.

Also, probably? There's a ton of people out in the world. I'm sure there's all types of people that like A when their significant other likes B and never the two shall meet. Why would video games be any different?

#37 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

If you squinted at me and tilted your head slightly i COULD be a gamer girl

#38 Edited by TruthTellah (8778 posts) -

I've actually seen it rather often. Friends of mine who are big into JRPGs and MMOs that get into relationships with "normal" guys who just watch sports and have little interest in gaming. A very close friend recently ended things with a long-term boyfriend who really didn't enjoy games or things with interaction. She likes Nintendo games and Reddit. He was just into watching sports and movies but not having much conversation on sports or movies. To my eyes, it wasn't that great of a relationship, but it was stable and went on for a long time.

Gaming still isn't as massive as it may seem; not all guys play videogames. So, this happens more than you might think.

#39 Posted by Mistzero (303 posts) -

Burn this thread with fire dear God.

#40 Posted by wjb (1655 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong: Yeesh, I can't imagine going out that frequently. Even my 21-year-old self would be like, "Uhh, that's too much." I suppose when someone's "hobby" is drinking at bars, it isn't going to last long.

When I do go to bars with friends every once in a while, it's usually to do something along with the drinking. Pool, darts, shuffleboard, karaoke, etc (i.e. stuff we don't have at home). Last time I went out was a few weeks ago, and I constantly saw couples or groups of couples just sitting there, looking at their phones, acting like they had to be there.

#41 Edited by Dagbiker (6966 posts) -

Threads like this always get creepy after a girl posts because then everyone responds to the girl, and while the better half of my brain says that they are probably just trying to hold a conversation. There exists a part of me that thinks that there might just be another reason.

Having said that, I will add this to the thread.

I never liked drinking my self. Nor drunks. They are loud and obnoxious.

#42 Posted by StarvingGamer (8146 posts) -

@Napalm: Totally am, reread what I wrote.

#43 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -

@BoG said:

I wish that I could prevent all male users from posting in this topic. Don't be jerks, guys.

Pf, then I could just change my gender to female.

There, done. I'm female now.

#44 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

There, done. I'm female now.

You're suddenly super interesting. I can hardly keep myself from pinning you down.

#45 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

@BiffMcBlumpkin said:

#46 Posted by Demoskinos (14763 posts) -
@BoG Same, I know a girl like that as well. I've looked at her achievement list and I'm completely dumbfounded at some of the achievements she has. She is an absolute machine. Shame she gets accused of "cheating" and "save hacking" all the time by guys who can't accept a girl is better than them.
#47 Posted by TheSlothKing (331 posts) -

@BiffMcBlumpkin said:

@psylah said:

@Dagbiker said:

What about fake women

Like Brad wearing a wig? That would be sexy as Hell too, get a big eyefull of his manpussy, his mussy if you will. If you won't I apologize.

Here is Brad wearing a wig and all that stuff

#48 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

I've looked at her achievement list

If I were her and you did that I'd say "My eyes are up here asshole!"

#49 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4392 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

Threads like this always get creepy after a girl posts because then everyone responds to the girl, and while the better half of my brain says that they are probably just trying to hold a conversation. There exists a part of me that thinks that there might just be another reason.

Having said that, I will add this to the thread.

I never liked drinking my self. Nor drunks. They are loud and obnoxious.

Agreed on all accounts. Honestly though, assuming there are those with 'ulterior motives,' it's hard for me to blame them (for lack of a better word). Guy wants girl, he has an idea of a girl he wants, girl who might fit that profile comes along (albeit on a forum), guy attempts to hit on girl. We could all argue for days about the rights and wrongs of it all, but at the end of the day, it's all done with seemingly good, harmless intentions.

#50 Posted by Demoskinos (14763 posts) -
@BiffMcBlumpkin

@Demoskinos said:

I've looked at her achievement list

If I were her and you did that I'd say "My eyes are up here asshole!"

But....but...her gamerscore is so big. You can't help staring.