Any good audio book you'd recommend?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I've still got a free token or whatever on audible where I can pick an audio book I want. I already got Tower Lord to accompany the ebook.

Any books specifically good in audio?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic-31/recommend-some-audiobooks-1434089/

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/suggest-me-some-audio-books-1446967/

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic-31/any-bookaudiobook-suggestions-558580/

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Dick Hill does an amazing job with the Jack Reacher books.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

World War Z has a pretty great cast. Not the movie of course. The audiobook.

Thrillhouse87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked the the audiobook version of Blood Meridian (Narrated by Richard Poe)

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I highly recommend Ready Player One's audiobook. Even if you didn't care for reading the book, I'd say give it a chance again because Will Wheaton does a hell of a job at narrating.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. Get the version narrated by Nick Podehl. It's one of my favorite books of all time and easily the best audiobook performance I've ever heard.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I listened to the first two Mass Effect books on audio. It wasn't bad but I wouldn't recommend it. Sorry for wasting your time.

syz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything read by Carl Sagan is pretty good.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Aegon

@themanwithnoplan said:

I highly recommend Ready Player One's audiobook. Even if you didn't care for reading the book, I'd say give it a chance again because Will Wheaton does a hell of a job at narrating.

I read the ebook a couple of years ago.

@nophilip said:

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. Get the version narrated by Nick Podehl. It's one of my favorite books of all time and easily the best audiobook performance I've ever heard.

Read this as well, even proposed my own theory on a certain tree dweller's identity (spoilers all). So you know I'm pretty into it. Can't wait for Day 3. Although, maybe I'll get the audio book anyways. People rave about it, and while it's rare for me to re-read, I might just do that before D3 comes out.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

Believe it or not, I've actually narrated an audiobook that got published on Audible. If you're into WWI-era historical fiction told from a Texan's point of view, check it out.

http://www.audible.com/pd/Mysteries-Thrillers/Once-a-Knight-A-Novel-of-Aerial-Combat-Romance-in-World-War-I-Dawn-of-Aviation-Audiobook/B00K0SFPN4?bp_ua=y

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

American Gods by Neil Gaimon, there's a radio play version that is fantastic. I think it's called the Ten year anniversary edition, or soemthing.

derganove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of the Terry Pratchett disckworld books are very well done on audio

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@ltsmash said:

World War Z has a pretty great cast. Not the movie of course. The audiobook.

Yeah, I second that. The book is really good, and the performances are on a whole different level than most audiobooks.

The cast include veterans of voice acting like Max Brooks (Justice League), Mark Hamill (Batman) and John Turturro (Cars 2), besides a list of pretty big names in Hollywood (Simon Pegg, Martin Scorcese, Alfred Molina, etc)

Remember that audible has two versions (a regular one and the unabridged one). If you are going to redeem your tokens, you should go for the longest one, since they both cost the same...

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

American Gods by Neil Gaiman or The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman if you're more in the mood for a creepy children's novel.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

If you have any knowledge of the character, or perhaps not, then I highly recommend the Audiobook version of the Alan Partridge autobiography... it's one of the funniest things I've ever listened to (Alan Partridge is a fictional character in the UK who has had a TV/Radio career which has lasted since the early 1990s, he's truly one of the greatest continuity characters ever and it lends it self to the biography format well)