#1 Posted by Metiphis (388 posts) -

How's it going?

#2 Posted by attackslug (18 posts) -

BELIEVE

#3 Posted by iAmJohn (6120 posts) -

What's a NeoGAF?

#4 Posted by MrJared (398 posts) -

Haha.. oh god, I'm on NeoGAF 24/7, a member of any number of defense forces and may or may not have been a member of the Snowglobe Clique. I also sport this angry guy avatar that a Junior tried to steal about 3 weeks ago. He is no longer with us :)

#5 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@MrJared: Don't lie! That's the Dancin' Guy Avatar!
#6 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19342 posts) -

I'm NeoGAF lurker extraordinaire!  I'd probably be a user if it weren't for the weird email rule.

#7 Posted by Metiphis (388 posts) -
@MrJared said:
" Haha.. oh god, I'm on NeoGAF 24/7, a member of any number of defense forces and may or may not have been a member of the Snowglobe Clique. I also sport this angry guy avatar that a Junior tried to steal about 3 weeks ago. He is no longer with us :) "
Poor junior :(
#8 Posted by iAmJohn (6120 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" I'm NeoGAF lurker extraordinaire!  I'd probably be a user if it weren't for the weird email rule. "
It's easy to get around, dood.  Just get your ISP to give you a service email.  Most will do that.
#9 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19342 posts) -
@iAmJohn: Yeah, I'll probably resort to that soon.  Then I'll have to go through the (supposedly) long registration process, though. :P
#10 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I'll still browse it, but I really don't like the moderators' methods there.  I've been banned for too many stupid unjust reasons.  As a result the community and discussions are horrible shit.  The only point of NeoGAF is news.

#11 Posted by GoranP (1116 posts) -

I have NeoGaf to thank for posting pictures of premium 360 dashboard themes in use.

Now I can at least see what I'm not buying.

#12 Posted by birdman (26 posts) -

Hi GiantBombGAF!

#13 Posted by Remy (33 posts) -

I'm over there, but I largely live in the User CP so I can just hit my subscribed threads daily.

#14 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3071 posts) -

It took me six months to get accepted. But I don't use it anyway.

#15 Posted by artofwar420 (6289 posts) -

I visit NeoGaf and for some crazy reason I have an account too. That way I can participate in the insanity that is the Forza 3 vs GT5 thread. But I'm not "from" NeGaf, if that makes sense.

#16 Edited by wmat (15 posts) -

Yep

I'm good, thank you very much.

Edit: Holy crap, AJAX and more AJAX. But no animated GIF avatars. Hmm.

#17 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3153 posts) -

I don't wanna hate but I don't like the NeoGAF site. I don't like how the community is 'set' and you have to make your way in. I'd prefer something like GB where everyone is here and usually really awesome and welcoming.

#18 Posted by wmat (15 posts) -

I don't think the community is as static as you make it out to be. It's just that new members come in only every half year or so. Probably because it would be a cesspool otherwise (see Gametrailers forums, for example).

You have to keep in mind that it's really not the job of the mods to keep the place clean, they do it not because of monetary motivations, but because of other reasons. If there were like 500k users on GAF, that would probably not work out. If they wouldn't ban harshly now and then, it also might not work out.

I think a lot of people mystify the place unnecessarily. It's really just a gaming forum, new members have to be approved, juniors can't post new threads and mods like to ban jerks because of the sum of evil they have done, not because of a singular event.

That really works out for the majority of users. It's no elite or whatever, we're random dudes from all over the world, just as anywhere else.

That, and there's some crazy, crazy meltdowns on occasion. And insanely funny GIF posting orgies.

I enjoy GAF a lot.

#19 Posted by jj984jj (242 posts) -

I spend too much time on the internet and half of that time is spent on NeoGAF.

#20 Posted by wmat (15 posts) -

Also, NeoGAF doesn't have white text on dark background, which makes it infinitely better than these forums here. The constant afterpicture effect is pretty annoying.