musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi
No Caption Provided

Here is my best bud Abigail she is a red nosed pitbull and I love her to death! I think pits get a unfair rap for being aggressive and mean when they really aren't. Bad owners make bad dogs. They've quickly become my favorite breed of dog. They are incredibly loving and loyal dogs. I can't stand all the specific pitbull legislation that still happens. Denver has a city-wide ban on Pitbulls and I do believe it is still in effect. Any pit caught within the city limits is apprehended and executed. Its horrifying that these loving animals frequently get put to death just because they have a bad reputation. In my mind this is a hate crime. Anyone else a fan of this breed? Not only are they great pets but also fantastic service dogs for the blind or disabled.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Marcsman

All terriers are aggressive by their nature. I also doubt that they would make good service dogs especially for the blind and disabled. That's why that work is for German Shepherds or Labs\Retrievers.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cheesebob

Man I thought this was about the dude who owned Young Money. I was going to flame the ever loving shit out of OP.

Yeah they are alright. Used by drug dealers around here though so I'd rather not get one.

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By crazyleaves

I'm just glad you didn't call it an American Staffordshire Terrier, I had some meat head bring his to a party I threw the thing was a fucking monster and he insisted on calling it such. I personally don't like them, they are too unpredictable, on that note my last two hounds have been dobies and they also get a bad rap. A terrier with that kind of power is just too much, plus they were bred as fighting dogs and not to be protectors unlike the other "vicious" breeds.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#5  Edited By Kidavenger

@Demoskinos: The thing that "pitbull lovers" don't get is that any dog can be turned either into a loving family dog but very few breeds have the capacity for violence that a pitbull can have and most shitty people that would do that to a dog specifically choose pitbulls.

Pitbulls are banned where I'm at too but that doesn't stop me from seeing pitbull puppies running around here every spring and since they are banned they are all owned by shitty people that probably won't take care of them. I don't think breeds should be banned, but I do think that anyone wanting to own any large breed dog should be held to higher standards before getting those dogs in the first place.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Marcsman

@Kidavenger said:

@Demoskinos: The thing that "pitbull lovers" don't get is that any dog can be turned either into a loving family dog but very few breeds have the capacity for violence that a pitbull can have and most shitty people that would do that to a dog specifically choose pitbulls.

Pitbulls are banned where I'm at too but that doesn't stop me from seeing pitbull puppies running around here every spring and since they are banned they are all owned by shitty people that probably won't take care of them. I don't think breeds should be banned, but I do think that anyone wanting to own any large breed dog should be held to higher standards before getting those dogs in the first place.

You are dead right. The dirtbags will either ignore the law or move onto another breed of dog until they fuck up that breed up too.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Ravenlight

Animals are disgusting until you cook them.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I avoid pitbulls when I see them, they can't be trusted no matter how nice the owner says they are.

They're also ugly.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Pitbulls can never be trusted, look them in the eye and you could lose your face, it doesnt matter how "nice" the owners say they are.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

I have a pitbull that a family across town apparently kept for a month or two and then decided they didn't want, so they turned it loose, stopped feeding it, and threw rocks at it until it left. Found it wandering into the backyard looking for something to eat almost a year ago. Looked like a damn skeleton, so he got fed and scratched and washed, and he's been staying here ever since. He's a great dog, wants to play and lay around on you, has a bit of a thing about jumping and licking faces, and I hate that he got treated the way he did. If most people saw it they probably would have shot it before they gave him a chance, which is depressing.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By MetalGearSunny

HE'S ONLY MY FAVORITE RAPPER EVER

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cheesebob

Well I looked stupid, I got confused between Birdman and Pitbull. Easy mistake to make since they are both creatively bankrupt and have terrible rapper names

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By Dagbiker
musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By InternetCrab

Phew, I thought this was about the artist.

Never had a pitbull, but I consider almost all dogs to be cute.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By psylah

I love all dogs.

@Cheesebob said:

Well I looked stupid, I got confused between Birdman and Pitbull. Easy mistake to make since they are both creatively bankrupt and have terrible rapper names

I believe Birdman is monetarily bankrupt as well.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BonOrbitz

@PeasantAbuse: @Bourbon_Warrior: I'm with these guys. Four years ago these two girls lived across the hall from me and one of them owned a pit bull. The dog never barked or seemed aggressive at all and it made me wonder why pit bulls get such a bad rap.

One night I was over there and the three of us were sitting around the dog and I was petting her. For no noticeable reason she lunged at me and snapped at my face and one of her teeth scratched my nose. If I didn't whip my head back as she lunged she would have clamped onto my face. The dog wasn't growling or anything and her tail wasn't between her legs, so her owner couldn't figure what got into her. Her owner was very apologetic and embarrassed, but it didn't matter because it scared the shit out of me. I didn't go anywhere near that dog afterwards.

Orbitz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Orbitz89

@Cheesebob said:

A creatively bankrupt Rapper? Surely you jest!

intoblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By intoblivion

Mr Worldwide.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BraveToaster

@Orbitz89 said:

@Cheesebob said:

A creatively bankrupt Rapper? Surely you jest!

No, surely you jest.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By musubi

@Make_Me_Mad: Yeah, its sad how some owners will just abandon them like that.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#22  Edited By jacksukeru

They aint no Boxers!

No Caption Provided
Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By Phatmac

I LOVE PITBULL GOING TO HIS CONCERT NEXT WEEK!

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By BoG

I will never own a dog. But if I do, it will be a pitbull. I agree with you, @Demoskinos that the dogs get a bad rap. I've actually never met a mean pitbull in my entire life. They're super nice, they're clean, and they're quite. I can't think of a more ideal dog.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cheesebob

@psylah: I thought he was worth like 400 Million dollars?

@Phatmac: AW MAN YOU TOO? I'M SO SYKED!!!!!! I'M GONNA BE ALL "GO PITBALL WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By C0V3RT

English Bulldogs are where it's at!

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By psylah

@Cheesebob: Who knows. Rappers can be either filthy rich or worth no more than the clothes on their back.

Grimhild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Grimhild

@Demoskinos:

I've been around many Pits over the past several years. Love 'em. Right now I have a Pit/Black Lab mix that I got from the pound as a pup a few years ago, and he's the best dog ever. No, seriously. He's amazing.

Orbitz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Orbitz89

@BraveToaster: No I am not joking, To me, Rap music is the most boring, stale and repetitive genre of music there is. Right next to country. It's all my personal opinion of course.. But I couldn't resist cracking wise about it.

I would also be lying if I said there's any genre of music that I constantly listen to. Rap music is just the most offensive to me.. and no, not offensive in the sense that I have some sort of moral objection to it. Just that it's offensively boring, and seems to endlessly repeat itself.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BraveToaster

@Orbitz89: I was joking. I don't like Pitbull or Birdman.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By penguindust

I had a pitbull when I was younger. He was loveable and slobbery. Really, when he sneezed it went everywhere. He had bad hind legs as he grew older and getting up and down became a struggle for him. When he got off the couch, he would drags his hind legs from cushions. He was never aggressive with me, but as he grew up, he did become aggressive with other dogs. I had to break up a number of fights between him and others. His change in attitude was rather quick, too. He had been neutered since around 6 months I think, so it wasn't his sex drive that caused the change. My sister had two pits, too. One large and one small. They got along together just fine for years, but one day the little one attacked the big one. The fight was broken up, but it was only the first of a series of skirmishes started by the smaller dog. Finally, she gave them away to separate families. Today, she has a pocketbook-sized terrier-mix.

Pitbulls are friendly, adorable dogs, but there's an unpredictable side to them which owners have to be aware of. It might never make itself known and that's all well and good. Or, one day, 'bang' the dog they used to play with is now their enemy.

Orbitz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Orbitz89

@BraveToaster: Ah.. Well. Sorry for that unnecessary explanation. Carry on!

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#33  Edited By pyromagnestir

I like a pit bull but don't think I'd ever want to own one. There were 3 pit bull pups in my dogs training classes that the place we went to for the training were taking care of while they were young. They were only like a month old or so, so they were much younger than the other dogs, but were playful and cute.

Isn't it true that just a hundred or so years ago pit bulls were considered the ultimate family dog, or something like that?

Doesn't seem like they are so bad really, but a good owner is a necessity, of course (which seems to be a bit tricky as most people who own pit bulls probably do so because of their vicious reputation, and it becomes something of a self fulfilling prophecy that the dogs they own are then vicious.). And I guess the other big problem is that when a pit bull does snap (which all dogs are capable of doing in the wrong circumstance, you can ask my little brother about what happened with our various dogs over the years for verification of that...) it is capable of delivering way more damage before regaining control.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Karl_Boss

I came in here expecting this thread to be about the rapper Pitbull......either way my answer would be no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0017840c01a
deactivated-5f0017840c01a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The singer: Yes...

Dogs: I love my labs more :D

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By habster3

Never had one myself, but I think they're alright. Based off their history (and not the one exaggerated by the media), they've been known to serve society well in the right conditions, and they certainly don't deserve all the hate they receive

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By OneManX

@RockmanBionics said:

They aint no Boxers!

No Caption Provided

FUCK YEA BOXERS!!

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39  Edited By TheHBK

Thing is Pitbulls are inherently more dangerous than other breeds of dog. When you consider than Pitbulls account for about 40% of the attacks by a dog in the US, that is huge considering how many, many breeds of dogs there are. Also, most attacks by pitbulls, 90% or so, are unprovoked, As much as you love your dog, this breed is just more aggressive and dangerous than others because it was developed 200 years ago to be as such. Sorry bro, you get no sympathy from me.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cant believe no one made this reference yet..... 

But I love Pitbull 

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By envane

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: ppl made the reference .. many times

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@envane: Meh, I wasnt gonna look through this thread
Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#43  Edited By Little_Socrates

@Cheesebob said:

You'd still be wrong. Lil Wayne owns Young Money Cash Money Records. Birdman owns Cash Money Records, and Pitbull is the rapper in question. And none of them are very good, though Lil Wayne is my favorite of the three I think. Dalé.

Pitbulls are cute dogs, but I've never really known one in real life to truly love them. I'm a Scottish Terrier kind myself.

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jrad
No Caption Provided

I definitely have a pitbull, or rather, my parents do. I hate dogs though. My parents are pitbull lovers and really enjoy complaining about the bad rap pitbulls get. Me, though? I couldn't care less.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By YoThatLimp

@dudeglove said:

Hilarious that people think pitbulls get a bad rap "for no reason". The Man isn't trying to kill your dog "for no reason", there are plenty of reasons why such legislation is in place. Posting some fuzzy wuzzy wide-eyed photo of your pup doesn't somehow magically exempt it from being considered any less dangerous in the eyes of the law. The same goes for anyone else who keeps a big animal that can move fast and has lots of teeth.

However, all is not lost. In certain countries under Dangerous Dog Acts (at least in the UK) there are exemption schemes for responsible owners. So, if the OP is as attentive and caring as they put out to be, y'all have nothing to worry about.

Statistically, minorities commit more crimes on average than white people here in America, does that mean they have a genetic disposition for crime? It is shitty that a whole breed of dogs gets condemned because the dregs of society have deemed them to be "badass". Any puppy with proper training and socializing because an awesome dog. Just like with firearms, you need to be a responsible owner otherwise you give everyone a bad name.

I believe any dog exposed to fighting should be put down after a rescue as they have been ingrained with bad habits, and I feel that is the issue with all of these "nice pitbulls that snap". I have a shelter pit who was abused as a puppy and thrown onto a highway here in Chicago. We adopted her, trained her, socialized her with people and animals and she is the best dog you could ever hope for.

My family has had nothing but Pitbulls and Rottweilers the last 25 years and we have never had an attack or incident.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By tim_the_corsair
@YoThatLimp

@dudeglove said:

Hilarious that people think pitbulls get a bad rap "for no reason". The Man isn't trying to kill your dog "for no reason", there are plenty of reasons why such legislation is in place. Posting some fuzzy wuzzy wide-eyed photo of your pup doesn't somehow magically exempt it from being considered any less dangerous in the eyes of the law. The same goes for anyone else who keeps a big animal that can move fast and has lots of teeth.

However, all is not lost. In certain countries under Dangerous Dog Acts (at least in the UK) there are exemption schemes for responsible owners. So, if the OP is as attentive and caring as they put out to be, y'all have nothing to worry about.

Statistically, minorities commit more crimes on average than white people here in America, does that mean they have a genetic disposition for crime? It is shitty that a whole breed of dogs gets condemned because the dregs of society have deemed them to be "badass". Any puppy with proper training and socializing because an awesome dog. Just like with firearms, you need to be a responsible owner otherwise you give everyone a bad name.

I believe any dog exposed to fighting should be put down after a rescue as they have been ingrained with bad habits, and I feel that is the issue with all of these "nice pitbulls that snap". I have a shelter pit who was abused as a puppy and thrown onto a highway here in Chicago. We adopted her, trained her, socialized her with people and animals and she is the best dog you could ever hope for.

My family has had nothing but Pitbulls and Rottweilers the last 25 years and we have never had an attack or incident.

Sorry mate, that reason is 100% bullshit.

There have been several reports of Pitbulls attacking and killing animals and children unprovoked with absolutely no sign of the dog being mistreated.

They can be lovely dogs, but they have an inherent danger too them above and beyond most other breeds, and it is a danger that cannot reall be compensated for.

I don't think they need to be banned per se, but they should be muzzled and they shouldn't be allowed around children.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#48  Edited By ajamafalous

I thought you meant the rapper and I was going to be as angry as possible.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By YoThatLimp

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

@YoThatLimp

@dudeglove said:

Sorry mate, that reason is 100% bullshit. There have been several reports of Pitbulls attacking and killing animals and children unprovoked with absolutely no sign of the dog being mistreated. They can be lovely dogs, but they have an inherent danger too them above and beyond most other breeds, and it is a danger that cannot reall be compensated for. I don't think they need to be banned per se, but they should be muzzled and they shouldn't be allowed around children.

Empirical evidence or are you basing that on stories you have heard? Just because Good Ol' billy bob taught his Pit to sit and lay down doesn't mean that was an animal with proper training or the right socialization.

Here a dumb statistic, 94% of fatal dog bites are attributed to male dogs, clearly we should ban male dogs as they are prone to violence. 52.5% of all homicides committed from 1980-2008 were committed by African Americans (roughly 20% of the population in the US), does this means there is an inherit issue with the race, or that there may be social issues affecting that population?

Shitty breeding , shitty owners and a bad culture surrounding them has raised a weird veil of fear around this breed where normal dog owners won't even think about raising one so only shit heads breed them. I am not an apologist. Just like firearms (which I have owned my whole life and never killed anyone ) with the proper training and handling it is totally safe. If your not willing to put in time or effort raising any animal right then you shouldn't have one, that includes coddling them like children and abusing them. To me they do just as much damage to the dog, just different ends of the spectrum.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50  Edited By Simplexity

I don't like dogs in general, so needless to say I am too fond of Pitbulls and avoid them whenever possible.