• 108 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5d557b323a6f7
deactivated-5d557b323a6f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Pugs wreck other dogs. Full stop. Pug would use Pitbull as a battle tank and ride it to victory.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By zeushbien

@C0V3RT said:

English Bulldogs are where it's at!

You got it brother!

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By bigdaddy81

@Orbitz89 said:

@BraveToaster: No I am not joking, To me, Rap music is the most boring, stale and repetitive genre of music there is. Right next to country. It's all my personal opinion of course.. But I couldn't resist cracking wise about it.

I would also be lying if I said there's any genre of music that I constantly listen to. Rap music is just the most offensive to me.. and no, not offensive in the sense that I have some sort of moral objection to it. Just that it's offensively boring, and seems to endlessly repeat itself.

You might be my soulmate :)

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By zeushbien

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: Kind of odd to claim no one made the reference then, ain't it?

Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Choffy
No Caption Provided
Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Vodun

Dogs are only as kind as their owners...that said, pitbulls have a tendency to attract asshole owners and are bred for fighting. I avoid pitbulls whenever I can.

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By mrfizzy

I really have never felt that I can trust them. Also the're illegal where I live so you really don't see that many of them any more. I don't have a problem with that.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By forkboy

@Simplexity said:

I don't like dogs in general, so needless to say I am too fond of Pitbulls and avoid them whenever possible.

Right with you there. Had a couple of "moments" with dogs when I was very small which left me absolutely terrified of dogs growing up. As in just stand-still on the spot trying not to recoil in terror when one would come up & sniff me. I don't trust dogs, I don't trust dog owners, & while I don't have any real terror around just average dogs any more the lingering distrust will never go away. Far too many dickheads out there who shouldn't be allowed to have animals for me to feel otherwise.

And yeah, on the pitbull specifically, if you have a breed that only exists because of a desire for dogs that will go on regardless of their own injury, for strength & for aggression & you take your dog out without a muzzle on it then I am going to think you are a twat. Because I'd rather not take my chances having been bitten by a dog in the past, which wasn't pleasant.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#59  Edited By Vinny_Says

@YoThatLimp said:

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

@YoThatLimp

@dudeglove said:

Hilarious that people think pitbulls get a bad rap "for no reason". The Man isn't trying to kill your dog "for no reason", there are plenty of reasons why such legislation is in place. Posting some fuzzy wuzzy wide-eyed photo of your pup doesn't somehow magically exempt it from being considered any less dangerous in the eyes of the law. The same goes for anyone else who keeps a big animal that can move fast and has lots of teeth.

However, all is not lost. In certain countries under Dangerous Dog Acts (at least in the UK) there are exemption schemes for responsible owners. So, if the OP is as attentive and caring as they put out to be, y'all have nothing to worry about.

Statistically, minorities commit more crimes on average than white people here in America, does that mean they have a genetic disposition for crime? It is shitty that a whole breed of dogs gets condemned because the dregs of society have deemed them to be "badass". Any puppy with proper training and socializing because an awesome dog. Just like with firearms, you need to be a responsible owner otherwise you give everyone a bad name.

I believe any dog exposed to fighting should be put down after a rescue as they have been ingrained with bad habits, and I feel that is the issue with all of these "nice pitbulls that snap". I have a shelter pit who was abused as a puppy and thrown onto a highway here in Chicago. We adopted her, trained her, socialized her with people and animals and she is the best dog you could ever hope for.

My family has had nothing but Pitbulls and Rottweilers the last 25 years and we have never had an attack or incident.

Sorry mate, that reason is 100% bullshit. There have been several reports of Pitbulls attacking and killing animals and children unprovoked with absolutely no sign of the dog being mistreated. They can be lovely dogs, but they have an inherent danger too them above and beyond most other breeds, and it is a danger that cannot reall be compensated for. I don't think they need to be banned per se, but they should be muzzled and they shouldn't be allowed around children.

Empirical evidence or are you basing that on stories you have heard? Just because Good Ol' billy bob taught his Pit to sit and lay down doesn't mean that was an animal with proper training or the right socialization.

Here a dumb statistic, 94% of fatal dog bites are attributed to male dogs, clearly we should ban male dogs as they are prone to violence. 52.5% of all homicides committed from 1980-2008 were committed by African Americans (roughly 20% of the population in the US), does this means there is an inherit issue with the race, or that there may be social issues affecting that population?

Shitty breeding , shitty owners and a bad culture surrounding them has raised a weird veil of fear around this breed where normal dog owners won't even think about raising one so only shit heads breed them. I am not an apologist. Just like firearms (which I have owned my whole life and never killed anyone ) with the proper training and handling it is totally safe. If your not willing to put in time or effort raising any animal right then you shouldn't have one, that includes coddling them like children and abusing them. To me they do just as much damage to the dog, just different ends of the spectrum.

Although I do agree that a properly trained dog, no matter what breed, can be the best dog ever, don't go comparing human beings who can reason with animals that follow instinct.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#60  Edited By Hunter5024

They can be cute, but every pitbull I've ever met has been a rude mofo. And I'm good with dogs; I've always owned at least one growing up, and so has the rest of my extended family. So I think maybe there is a little truth to the pitbull reputation. Also I read an article that of the hundreds of breeds nearly 80% of dog bites are from either pitbulls or rottweilers (with pitbulls taking the greater share of that statistic.) Not that it justifies the regulation they get. Just saying.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

My girlfriend loves them and wants one some day. I'm not particularly fond of them or any large breed dog except Chow Chows due to growing up with one.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Fearbeard

I would never willingly own one

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63  Edited By ShadowConqueror

I'm not a fan of them, personally. And it doesn't help that the same guys who think oversized, flat billed hats with stickers on them are cool are so fond of the breed. I do that's not the dogs' fault, but it really makes me dislike them.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SharkEthic

There's been no less than 3 episodes of pitbulls mangling other dogs and even a small child around my neck of the woods within the past year or so. Saying that bad owners make bad dogs might be true, but you don't see labs or pugs spass out and go on rampages that often - just saying.

If it were up to me, people wanting a pitbull should be required to take courses and extensive tests to prove that they were up to the task, before even being allowed to own/buy one. Like a drivers license for dangerous breeds.

Orbitz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Orbitz89
@BigDaddy81: Well thanks man, I appreciate the positive response. Cheers.
Orbitz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Orbitz89
@Demoskinos: I just want to say that you have a great looking animal there. That dog looks like a champ. I've honestly never seen many Pitbulls where I live, I think I've seen one or two.. the ones I did see were quite calm and relaxed, so from my limited experience with Pitbulls and just general ignorance of behavioral patterns of any dog breeds, I'd say they do have a bad rap. I've never met an animal who was treated well and acted poorly.. People on the other hand lol.
Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Bell_End

im not a dog person really. in fact i would go as far as to say they would go in my room 101 and would be happy to never see another dog again pitbull or otherwise.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@YoThatLimp: If you're gonna compare dogs to firearms, then see pitbulls as nature's gatling guns compared to most other dogs as handguns. The potential for wanton destruction is just so incredibly bigger frim a pitbull compared to other dog breeds. It's like getting a stick of dynamite when all you need is a firecracker. The dog has simply been bred into it's DNA for more potential violence over centuries than any other making it inherently dangerous. This is undeniable history.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By YoThatLimp

@TeflonBilly said:

@YoThatLimp: If you're gonna compare dogs to firearms, then see pitbulls as nature's gatling guns compared to most other dogs as handguns. The potential for wanton destruction is just so incredibly bigger frim a pitbull compared to other dog breeds. It's like getting a stick of dynamite when all you need is a firecracker. The dog has simply been bred into it's DNA for more potential violence over centuries than any other making it inherently dangerous. This is undeniable history.

Ironically most violent gun crime is committed with hand guns and handgun bans are proven to be ineffectual when applied to regional area as are breed bans.

Again to condemn an entire breed of dog is pretty callous especially seeing how the dregs of society have been linked with these dogs in modern times. Out of all of the high risk violent dogs (Akita, Chow, Doberman, Pit Bull, Rottweiler, and Wolf-mix) studies have been shown Pit-Bull owners to be as much as ten times more likely to have anti social behaviors or a criminal background. SourceSourceSourceSource

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I know a nice pit bull. He's a big suckhole.

That said if they were going to say no more pit bulls I'd have to agree. No one dog should have all that power.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#71  Edited By musubi

@YoThatLimp said:

@TeflonBilly said:

Ironically most violent gun crime is committed with hand guns and handgun bans are proven to be ineffectual when applied to regional area as are breed bans.

Again to condemn an entire breed of dog is pretty callous especially seeing how the dregs of society have been linked with these dogs in modern times. Out of all of the high risk dogs violent dogs (Akita, Chow, Doberman, Pit Bull, Rottweiler, and Wolf-mix) studies have been shown Pit-Bull owners to be as much as ten times more likely to have anti social behaviors or a criminal background. SourceSourceSourceSource

Amen sir. Ye speak the truth. Also, fine animal you have.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Red12b

@dudeglove said:

Good grief, what kind of asshole gives themselves the stagename "Pitbull"?

brb, gonna check youtube.

it's fucking shithouse

ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#75  Edited By ColinWright

I have no problems with Pits, friend of mine owns a couple and they're very sweet. But, I'm more of a Lab person, myself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Demoskinos said:

@YoThatLimp said:

@TeflonBilly said:

Again to condemn an entire breed of dog is pretty callous especially seeing how the dregs of society have been linked with these dogs in modern times. Out of all of the high risk dogs violent dogs (Akita, Chow, Doberman, Pit Bull, Rottweiler, and Wolf-mix) studies have been shown Pit-Bull owners to be as much as ten times more likely to have anti social behaviors or a criminal background. SourceSourceSourceSource

I am talking about the POTENTIAL harm a pitbull can dole out due to it beeing bred to be an extremely muscular dog with jaws that snap shut with more power than women's legs when I talk to them compared to other breeds. Chiuaua's are dogs with terrible tempraments as well, but they can't dole out the fraction of the damage a pitbull can.

I have a friend with an amazing pitbull I've knowns since she was a pup who's as sweet as a lamb, but I'm still slightly vary around it due to the sheer chance of her having a pitbull snapping moment, even though she hasn't showed signs of any of that in 5 years.

Pitbull lovers have to take to the heart the fact that the dog is a liability. The fact that the dregs of society hover to the breed is a extremely sad, but there is something inherently dangerous about a pitbull which make sit differ from most other dog breeds.

I'm not saying that the breed should be extinct, what I am saying is that it deserves all the scrutinizing it gets. People who own the breed should be monitored extra closely by a sort of animal police and unproper care and handling of it if you insist on getting it as a pet should be considered gross negligence of a lethal weapon and punished accordingly. Hell, I wish you had to get a damn license to own a pet of a particular size/strength. Then again, I also believe people should have a license to have a baby before they decide to potentially ruin a living thing.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#78  Edited By CL60

My brother had one, was a really nice dog, let my bichon frise hump its face, when it took food from you it would be incredibly gentle to make sure it didn't bite you, but randomly one day it snarled at my brothers baby and ate 2 cats.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By YoThatLimp

@TeflonBilly said:

@Demoskinos said:

@YoThatLimp said:

@TeflonBilly said:

I am talking about the POTENTIAL harm a pitbull can dole out due to it beeing bred to be an extremely muscular dog with jaws that snap shut with more power than women's legs when I talk to them compared to other breeds. Chiuaua's are dogs with terrible tempraments as well, but they can't dole out the fraction of the damage a pitbull can.

I have a friend with an amazing pitbull I've knowns since she was a pup who's as sweet as a lamb, but I'm still slightly vary around it due to the sheer chance of her having a pitbull snapping moment, even though she hasn't showed signs of any of that in 5 years.

Pitbull lovers have to take to the heart the fact that the dog is a liability. The fact that the dregs of society hover to the breed is a extremely sad, but there is something inherently dangerous about a pitbull which make sit differ from most other dog breeds.

I'm not saying that the breed should be extinct, what I am saying is that it deserves all the scrutinizing it gets. People who own the breed should be monitored extra closely by a sort of animal police and unproper care and handling of it if you insist on getting it as a pet should be considered gross negligence of a lethal weapon and punished accordingly. Hell, I wish you had to get a damn license to own a pet of a particular size/strength. Then again, I also believe people should have a license to have a baby before they decide to potentially ruin a living thing.

That is scientifically untrue. Bite force is determined by weight of the dog, size of the head and width/length of the jaw. Making Pit-Bulls about even with contemporaries. Source

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some study says that a pitbull and a chiuahua have the same bite force? Well, I concede my point then. No reason to discuss the matter anymore

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By SharkEthic

@YoThatLimp said:

@TeflonBilly said:

@Demoskinos said:

@YoThatLimp said:

@TeflonBilly said:

That is scientifically untrue. Bite force is determined by weight of the dog, size of the head and width/length of the jaw. Making Pit-Bulls about even with contemporaries. Source

Duuuuuuude, PLEASE!! Do you even know where you're going with all of these fucking "facts"? You take everything out of context and seemingly refuse to look at the bigger picture, regurgitating random articles that that only prove moot points you yourself raised.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By SomeJerk

I love bigass powerful dogs (powerful as in the build, not for intimidation, my mother's taking care of a tiny powerful-looking cat..), pitbulls have cute faces, I want to have a rottweiler, ladyfriend has an ex-copdog alsatian who is my fave dog of forever - but every dog is a goddamn liability with a chance to snap for no reason, no matter the upbringing, no matter the circumstances. Most recently a friend had her retriever put down because all of a sudden it lost its mind and bit into her leg, for no reason. It was with her since it was a pup, was trained well, behaved well, fed right, no signs of or symptoms of anything being off, just one monent it's peace and calm with a great family dog and then hell broke loose.

..which is why I want to get bigass powerful dog-sized housecats developed by means of genetic engineering!

:(

(On the other hand, my cat, god bless him, used to play with me by pouncing on my back, sometimes running up to me biting me in the kneecaps)

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By YoThatLimp

@SharkEthic said:

@YoThatLimp said:

@TeflonBilly said:

@Demoskinos said:

@YoThatLimp said:

@TeflonBilly said:

Duuuuuuude, PLEASE!! Do you even know where you're going with all of these fucking "facts"? You take everything out of context and seemingly refuse to look at the bigger picture, regurgitating random articles that that only prove moot points you yourself raised.

I was addressing his statement that Pit-Bulls are somehow more dangerous than the average dog, due to canine physiology, this is not true.

The links above linked Pit-Bull owners and a criminal lifestyle. You can't shape a gun's temperament with environment, it is an object. A dog (not unlike a human) is shaped by its environment and because Pit-Bulls are linked to criminals. It isn't a giant logic leap to assume that these people are not training and socializing there dog's properly.

All dogs are dangerous. All dogs need the proper pack leadership to be healthy and well adjusted, this is logic.

I am for permits to own any sort of animal, it is a major responsibility that most people don't understand until it is too late.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#84  Edited By Arbie

That's a really cute pitbull you've got there. =]

I'm all for the belief that bad owners breed bad dogs. Maybe the morons who get these dogs to keep as weapons and make them look 'ard should be the ones being taken away and . . . okay, maybe not executed. Perhaps just put in a small box? With scorpions! Hook, Hook, Hook, Hook!

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Marcsman

@Demoskinos said:

@Marcsman: You'd be wrong.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/10/01/pit-bulls-used-as-service-dogs-for-wounded-veterans/

I doubt it. I have 22 years of working with dogs professionally. I have trained dogs that were accepted into the Federal Bomb Squad in Annapolis. Let me tell you something they are not accepting Pits for the job. They want dogs that are aggressively disciplined.Tthat ain't a Pit. But I'm sure you know about the breed than me. I only see hundreds of them a year.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By musubi
@Erzs Thanks!
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

MISTAH 305!!!!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By musubi
@Marcsman There plenty of examples of them being used as service dogs. And I even brought up an example. Just because the bomb squad doesn't want them doesn't mean they can't be trained to be service animals. They are perfectly capable of being trained properly.
stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#89  Edited By stonyman65

I like Pitbulls. All dogs really. I don't buy the dangerous crap - I know people who have had multiple Pitbulls for YEARS and never had a problem. Most of the time it's to owner, not the dog who is at fault.

I own a Rhodesian Ridgeback, so I know a thing or two about "aggressive" dog breeds. They are only aggressive if you train them to be that way.

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

Not sure, but I think there banned in the Uk?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Demoskinos said:

@Marcsman There plenty of examples of them being used as service dogs. And I even brought up an example. Just because the bomb squad doesn't want them doesn't mean they can't be trained to be service animals. They are perfectly capable of being trained properly.

Capable, not ideal. Hell not even prefferable. High fructose corn syrup can be used instead of sugar. It's still not ideal.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By musubi

@TeflonBilly: Hey, more than entitled to your opinions but I can't say I agree at all. A few bad apples shouldn't color a entire group. I've seen pitbulls do way more good than harm myself.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#93  Edited By shinboy630

I have only been seriously attacked by any sort of animal once in my life, and that one animal was a pitbull. So no, I am not a pitbull lover.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Twinsun said:

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: Kind of odd to claim no one made the reference then, ain't it?

Well I skimmed through the thread and I couldnt find one.  Whatever, though.  As long as the love of Pitbull has been spread around, Im happy
Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#95  Edited By Seppli

Prohibition in general is childish. Prohibition of certain dog breeds? Good god man, what the 'eff is wrong with you people?

Grimhild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Grimhild

I don't know if someone from Colorado can answer this for me, but I was wondering if having exotic pets is illegal there. It seems really hypocritical to say "We're going to euthanize and kill every Pit Bull we can find, and you can't have one. But you can own a 600 pound tiger."

Duskwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Duskwind

They are more prone to aggression than other dogs. I feel for people who love the breed, yet aren't allowed to have them in their city, but I think the legislation is there for good reason.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#98  Edited By big_jon

@PeasantAbuse said:

I avoid pitbulls when I see them, they can't be trusted no matter how nice the owner says they are.

They're also ugly.

How would you feel if someone said that about you?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@big_jon said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

I avoid pitbulls when I see them, they can't be trusted no matter how nice the owner says they are.

They're also ugly.

How would you feel if someone said that about you?

I'd wonder who my "owner" was.

You damn racist!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Grimhild said:

I don't know if someone from Colorado can answer this for me, but I was wondering if having exotic pets is illegal there. It seems really hypocritical to say "We're going to euthanize and kill every Pit Bull we can find, and you can't have one. But you can own a 600 pound tiger."

I'm pretty much against owning exotic animals of the magnitude of a freakin tiger, I mean that's some Mike Tyson megaomania things (A man who incidentally has taken to raising pidgeons last I heard), but how often does somebody go on a walk in the park with their 600 pound tiger and endagering everybody around them?