Any specific alternatives to DDP Yoga?

ALavaPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I am someone very interested in DDP yoga, and I would buy it, however I am currently in a situation without a way to play the DVDs [well reliably.....] if I did purchase it.

I don't believe there is a streaming option for DDP yoga, it seems. So, is there any good alternatives?

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By DriveupLife

Um...how about a traditional yoga class? They're really not bad at all. Most of the time you can go to one yoga class for free the first time you visit a yoga studio in your area.

If you really really really feel the need to stay away from "hippy" yoga, then P90X and P90X2 both have great yoga workouts in them.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By csl316

If you have any sort of display, I'd say buy a cheap DVD player (you can go down to $20 on Amazon). Certainly cheaper than signing up for yoga classes.

You get audio versions of everything, and when you purchase it you get linked to the Diamond Dozen video (which basically just shows you the basic moves). But to follow an audio workout with a rudimentary knowledge of the basics probably isn't the best way to do it.

So I dunno, Youtube some yoga. I'm honestly surprised how many workouts you can just find on there. I'll occasionally just sit down and do some random workout, then click on another, and another... you'll find some real gems this way.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The mods might not approve of this, so I'll white list it out but you can buy the dvd package from DDP and then torrent the video files from the internet and play them in something like VLC.

Or as others say, you get mp3s of the workouts and I think you get a chart of the positions too, so you could just use them.