#1 Posted by rotorious (75 posts) -

New season premiered yesterday, and I had almost forgotten how much I missed it.

#2 Posted by Kidavenger (3599 posts) -

No, you are the only one.

#3 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

isn't top gear the most watch TV show on the planet.

but yeah, it good to have it back and was a great first episode.

#4 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@rotorious: Haven't watched it in years, can you recommend any decent episodes from the past 4 years, really loved their road trip episodes and testing Veyrons =)

#5 Posted by rotorious (75 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior: Any of the "specials" from the past few seasons are a good jumping off point to get yourself back in. My personal favorite is the South American special.

#6 Posted by Mister_V (1419 posts) -

Eh. It's not the show it once was. still ok. But it's far to scripted now. Now the Colin McRae documentary that was on after was great. " If in doubt, go flat out"

#7 Posted by MattGrant (122 posts) -

Assuming you mean the real one on BBC, yes. It's my favorite show! I thought it wasn't debuting until sometime in February, though. Or is that just for America?

#8 Edited by TepidShark (1061 posts) -

New Season premieres next week in the US. Excited!

#9 Posted by MattGrant (122 posts) -

Sweet!

#10 Posted by Mirado (1050 posts) -

Absolutely love it. Great start to the season and that montage promises many more laughs to come.

#11 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1500 posts) -

I used to really like it, but it kinda jumped the shark quite a while ago and their hilarious faliures just seem so set up and scripted these days. That said I'll probably still watch it because there's sod all else to watch.

#12 Posted by jonano (366 posts) -

Yeah I'm a massive fan of Top gear and on that bombshell it's time to end .

#13 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I might watch that show alot. Like...ALOT.

I agree that it suffers from over-scripting these days, but that hasn't been a dealbreaker yet. The thing that bugs me more is my love/hate relationship with Jeremy Clarkson. I WISH THAT JAMES RAN THINGS!

#14 Posted by Fredddi43 (351 posts) -

Absolutely love that show, but have to agree on the over-scripting, at least in the new series. However, the bit where Jeremy showed of his P45 was just plain awesome. The coming road trip to Africa looks amazing, these parts are always my favorite.

#15 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Tonight! Jeremy is a ponce, Hammond eats a bug, and the Stig gives birth on camera!

#16 Posted by rotorious (75 posts) -

The part with the P45 in the first episode of the new season had a hilarity reminiscent of the now famous Reliant Robin test.

#17 Posted by fox01313 (5088 posts) -

Just a fan of the BBC UK version & always find myself watching it.

#18 Posted by Strife777 (1610 posts) -

I'm in the process of watching every episode up on netflix at the moment and yes, it is pretty damn great.

#19 Posted by isomeri (1381 posts) -

My favorite show on television.

#20 Posted by JasonR86 (9762 posts) -

I do but I live in the US so I have to either wait for BBC America to show it or for it to come up on Netflix.

#21 Posted by Shortbreadtom (847 posts) -

It's nowhere near as good as it used to be, but I'll still watch the hell out of it if it's on.

#22 Posted by J12088 (462 posts) -

The best show...in the world.

#23 Posted by SgtSphynx (1535 posts) -

I love Top Gear, but I haven't watched it in about a year. Mainly because I stopped watching tv.

#24 Posted by 49th (2813 posts) -

Ah, I forgot it was yesterday! 
I'm not that into cars but I really like Top Gear, it's entertaining.

#25 Posted by UlquioKani (1156 posts) -

At some point, their jokes started seeming forced or repetitive and episodes were either incredibly stupid in a bad way or just boring. I used to love it but stopped watching a while a go.

#26 Posted by mrfluke (5313 posts) -

ethan lance, one of the bosses of whiskey media is real big into top gear,

but i think he said fuck it to this site after whiskey imploded

#27 Posted by Maajin (1079 posts) -

Loved it! The songs were great!