Any way to make PC volume higher than max?

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello, so I know the title is a bit odd, but I can't find anything on this, so in a last ditch effort, I decided to turn to you guys.

I wear a hearing aid in one ear and I'm practically deaf in the other, and my hearing aid is currently broken, and even worse is that I don't know for how long. Consequently, due to the lack of a hearing aid, I can now barely hear anything on my computer, even with the volume set to maximum. So I want to know if any of you guys know of some software I can download that will just make EVERYTHING in general louder. It would really help me out, since not being able to hear anything except for mumbles really fucking sucks.

I know video players have an option to turn volume up to like 200%, and that's pretty rad and helps me a lot, but like I said, I just want EVERYTHING louder, so if I watch videos online I'll be able to hear those as well.

Does anyone know of a program that will allow me to do this?

paudle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Look into a headphone amplifier (Not software I know)

SpoogeMcduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Does your volume go to 11? That would help... I don't know that there's a program that would do it, at least I've never heard of that. You might have to get some external amplification to get the output louder(not sure about sound cards and their output, I haven't had one in years)

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By onarum

check this out

I myself never tried it, but it seems you can use it to normalize the output, so i guess you can amplify it with this.

edit: apparently there are simpler ways also, as described here, the simplest way would be using those built in enhancements, can't test that because weirdly enought there are no such options for my asus xonar in windows, but I remember there was something like that when I used the integrated audio a while back.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Loading Video...

Seriously, though. You can't turn it up louder than 100%. If you're speakers aren't loud enough you may need louder speakers.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onarum said:

check this out

I myself never tried it, but it seems you can use it to normalize the output, so i guess you can amplify it with this.

edit: apparently there are simpler ways also, as described here, the simplest way would be using those built in enhancements, can't test that because weirdly enought there are no such options for my asus xonar in windows, but I remember there was something like that when I used the integrated audio a while back.

Wow, that loudness Equalizer option actually helped a ton. It's still not as loud as I'd like, but at least I can actually hear what they're saying now. Funny thing is that I even checked my speaker options before I asked for help, and I guess I just didn't think to check the enhancement tabs, what a stupid mistake.

I also downloaded the program, I'm gonna check that out too if I want to try and get things a bit louder.

Thanks a ton.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

External amplifier is what you need.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@random45: I dont know aobut a program but I know if you go into you playback devices via volume control and turn on loudness equalization in the properties of the sound device you are using helps a lot.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DFX is the program you are looking for.