#1 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Hey duders! So i've been looking for a movie for a party i'm having next week but haven't seen anything on IMDB or so. I'm really in the mood for a great cult film. I have seen quite many good cult films, but would like one i have never seen before. 

Please duders!

#2 Edited by strangone (179 posts) -

Demon Knight. 

Also if you haven't seen it, the super mega hyper classic Return of the Living Dead. If you're having a party then you don't even need to read the rest of the thread, this is your movie. 

#3 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5839 posts) -
#4 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -
#5 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Honestly though, cult movie is a pretty nebulous concept. Do you have any examples of what you've seen? 
I mean, some would say that Evil Dead is a cult movie whilst other would frown their noses at the notion of that and say that Evil Ed is a real cult movie.

#6 Posted by Brendan (7832 posts) -

Hot Fuzz. 

Oh shit spoilers...

#7 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -
@FancySoapsMan said:
" Freaks "
DUDE NAH! 1932?
#8 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -
#9 Edited by Contro (2040 posts) -

El Topo's a great choice if you plan on doing a lot of drinking, etc. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067866/

#10 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2411 posts) -
#11 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@InternetCrab said:
" @FancySoapsMan said:
" Freaks "
DUDE NAH! 1932? "
That's like the stoneage uguys 
Based on what little I know about you, I'm gonna say go with Dude Where's My Car.
#12 Posted by tunaburn (1891 posts) -

Army of Darkness! 
Army of Darkness!
 Army of Darkness!
Army of Darkness!
  Army of Darkness! 

#13 Posted by Euryb (110 posts) -

Zardoz

#14 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

The Monster Squad - if you like the old Universal monsters like Dracula, Gil-man, etc. It's still a great movie if you haven't seen the old stuff but it's just that much better when you have. 

The Toxic Avenger - really over-the-top gore and humor. Not for the faint of heart. 

This is Spinal Tap - great if you like or dislike heavy metal. Brilliant satire.

#15 Posted by Psykhophear (939 posts) -
@TeflonBilly said:
" Coven, especially if you've seen American Movie "

I was going to recommend American Movie. I haven't watched Coven yet.
#16 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -
#17 Posted by Burzmali (452 posts) -

I'll second Demon Knight. That movie is fantastic.

#18 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11272 posts) -

The Rocky Horror Picture Show. It is the cult-est of movies. 

#19 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Fifth Element

#20 Edited by Darksnughero (106 posts) -

So many good movies are mentioned here.  Can't really add a damn thing.   I will just add The Zodiac by David Fincher.  May not be what your looking for, but its so well crafted.  You can't miss with it.

God I love Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz!  Can't wait for the 3rd movie to the Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy!

I just wanted to add, about Zodiac.  Assume you know nothing about the case and Just remember how David Fincher(director) loves to slip little things into his movies.  Like in Fight Club.  If you look at the movie really closely, you'll notice some really wild possibilities in how he uses Architecture, background colors with costume colors/personality changes and the fact that he makes everything as accurate to real life as possible.  He even went on his own investigation and talked with everyone evolved.... Then he used 4 different actors to play different parts of the Zodiac..... 
#21 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

The Warriors!

#22 Edited by Rudeboy217 (1769 posts) -

A Clockwork Orange
THX 1138
Eraserhead
The Big Lebowski
Harold and Maude
Pee Wee's Big Adventure  
House

Also Enter the Void is a pretty great, trippy film. Check it out.

#23 Posted by blueduck (964 posts) -

max keeble's big move     
My roommates and I used to have a rule in our apartment where if you saw that this movie was on you had to watch it no matter what. 

Oh yeah and you're wasting your life if you haven't seen Wet Hot American Summer

#24 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

Gummo

#25 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1769 posts) -
@ninjakiller said:
" Gummo "
Yes! And show them Trash Humpers while you are at it.
#26 Edited by Wrighteous86 (3819 posts) -

#27 Posted by Yummylee (22030 posts) -

Fargo, bitcheez!

#28 Posted by HairyMike87 (1016 posts) -

Super Troopers

#29 Posted by predator (352 posts) -

Wild Zero

#30 Posted by BatmanBatman (407 posts) -

duder just go watch Blade Runner...      

#31 Posted by DoctorTran (1565 posts) -
#32 Posted by Yummylee (22030 posts) -

Also maybe BASEketball to check out Matt Stone & Trey Parker become they become super uber famous.

#33 Posted by Terry_Towelling (15 posts) -

I second 'El Topo' .

#34 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -
@GoofyGoober said:
" The Warriors 

Cannibal Holocaust "    
 @MooseyMcMan said:   
" The Rocky Horror Picture Show. It is the cult-est of movies.  "
The Rocky Horror Picture show is quite good. Cannibal Holocaust is completely out of question.
#35 Edited by Clenchmask (62 posts) -
@ssj4raditz: Hell yes. Also 2nd that Eraserhead nod, throw in Elephant Man for good measure. And my personal fav Dark City.