• 58 results
#1 Edited by Hizang (8532 posts) -

So I just found this website called Etsy, it's a shopping website that focuses on handmade things. I found some cool video game stuff and even some non video game stuff that I am interested in. It's all been cool so far, I'm pretty keen on this Unicorn Rainbow Nyan Cat Print and this sweet Zelda wall mural oh and this Game Boy Cartridge Soap!

Does anybody here buy items from Etsy?

Just look at this shit!
#2 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3289 posts) -

ETSY IS FOR GIRLS. Haha, I'm joking. I've never really browsed it much myself but I know some people who have found some really cool stuff on there before, pretty neat that it exists.

#3 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@Apparatus_Unearth: Dude you got no idea, look at this!

This is fucking SOAP!
#4 Posted by Brodehouse (10243 posts) -

I almost bought these posters from this dude, some cool Dead Space thing but the price was unreasonable for Canada.

I have a big empty wall and I just want a massive framed Normandy on it. Like, a five foot landscape poster. God that would be incredible.

#5 Posted by SamStrife (1286 posts) -

My girlfriend discovered the site not long ago and rates it highly. She's already bought herself a ton of stuff including some Playstation button earings which I rate highly. The site seems cool.

#6 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3289 posts) -

@Hizang said:

This is fucking SOAP!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

#7 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Ok so I ended up buying this cool poster 3 pack of Shy Guy, it looks awesome and I will probably get them framed. Only 25 of them will be made and there being signed, I am a very happy duder.

#8 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

I never heard of it until now.

#9 Posted by 49th (2892 posts) -

I tried to get my sister a gift code but it's like seller based I dunno

#10 Posted by Metzo_Paino (322 posts) -
#11 Posted by huntad (1970 posts) -

I like that Shy Guy poster! (Although I still don't get the whole Nyan Cat thing)

#12 Edited by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@huntad: It like it for the Robot Unicorn, he's awesome.

It also seems I got the first Shy guy prints so I will get the first of the 25, thats even awesome!

#13 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

I bought this sweet Snow White decal for my Macbook last year from Etsy. I love that site and wish I could afford to buy everything.

#14 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Well, I clearly can't live without these soaps.

#15 Posted by shinboy630 (1226 posts) -

I got a couple of awesome posters that some other duder mentioned in a different thread a little while back. I'll link it here. The Dead Space one is particularly awesome.

#16 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Soap soul gems? Sheeeeeit.

#17 Posted by MattyFTM (14440 posts) -

I don't see the point in those soap ones. You're never going to want to use them and then it'll eventually go off.

#18 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse: I know, I keep finding stuff that amazes me.

I mean look at that thing!
#19 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -
@mscupcakes

I bought this sweet Snow White decal for my Macbook last year from Etsy. I love that site and wish I could afford to buy everything.

That is amazing. How do you use the site? Browse aimlessly or are there methods for narrowing down your interests?
#20 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@wmaustin55: Well you go to the homepage and on the left hand side is a list of categories, assuming you want video game items click Geekery, then a sub category comes up for video games.

#21 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

@wmaustin55: The same as you would use ebay, you can search and narrow down the results with categories. The two main categories are vintage and homemade.

#22 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -
@mscupcakes @Hizang Ahh okay. This is awesome! I'm gonna start using this a lot.
#23 Posted by Phatmac (5731 posts) -

Most of this stuff is a bit too nerdy for me. At least it looks cool.

#24 Posted by Aegon (5909 posts) -

Being a germaphobe, you can't imagine in how many ways those soaps make me happy. 5.50 is kind of expensive for a bar of soap, but if there's enough demand, maybe they'll lower the price? I would want to use that type of soap all the time.

#25 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@Phatmac:

How about something classy?

#26 Posted by MikkaQ (10346 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

I don't see the point in those soap ones. You're never going to want to use them and then it'll eventually go off.

Yeah but only after decades, so it's still kinda worth it for the novelty. I just use liquid soap though, so there's not much of a point for me.

#27 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -

I got some bracelets from there, really great and good looking (and cheap), but they are just a bit too short to actually be worn over longer time.

I hate PayPAl too (never got it working) so I can't shop from there either.

#28 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8609 posts) -

Yeah this site has been around for ages.

Once I get my own place though, I'm gonna shop the fuck out of that site.
Uber game geek house here I come!

#29 Posted by jakob187 (21787 posts) -

I haven't used Etsy, but I know people that do use it. Soap seems to be a very popular one.

The question I've always had is how they get around private sellers using copyrighted images (like the Snow White thing) as a means of making profit for themselves without giving a chunk to the copyright holders.

Nonetheless, Etsy has some boss shit on it.

#30 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3110 posts) -

Sounds like something my mom would use, so no.

#31 Posted by WilliamHenry (1227 posts) -
#32 Posted by Zacagawea (1624 posts) -

It's been mentioned on the Bombcast multiple times. I've came close to buying some stuff but, eh.

#33 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (373 posts) -

Etsy is pretty epic.. I used to sell stuff on there, perler bead creations, artwork. Now I like going through and recreating crafts I like.

#34 Posted by ajamafalous (12228 posts) -

Dude they even talked about Etsy on the Bombcast like a month ago (the one with Sessler). Pretty extensively. 

I have bought many things from Etsy and will continue to do so.

#35 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (373 posts) -

@WilliamHenry said:

I use it to sell movie/tv/game posters that I've designed. Its worked out pretty well. You can check out my shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamHenryDesign.

Ha. I love the Shawn of the Dead poster.

#36 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

My girlfriend uses Etsy all the time. I think a lot of the stuff is really great, but all the items seems to be out of my price range.

#37 Edited by SaturdayNightSpecials (2456 posts) -

Kind of? I use it by laughing about it from a distance on Regretsy.

#38 Posted by VoshiNova (1780 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

.....to college. But they'll visit on holidays.

#39 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@VoshiNova said:

@MattyFTM said:

.....to college. But they'll visit on holidays.

#40 Posted by Patman99 (1633 posts) -

@WilliamHenry said:

I use it to sell movie/tv/game posters that I've designed. Its worked out pretty well. You can check out my shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamHenryDesign.

You designed those? Man, they look awesome!

#41 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7098 posts) -

@shinboy630 said:

I got a couple of awesome posters that some other duder mentioned in a different thread a little while back. I'll link it here. The Dead Space one is particularly awesome.

Thanks a lot, dick. Just had to show me that fucking incredible Bioshock poster, didn't you?

#42 Posted by WilliamHenry (1227 posts) -

@Patman99 said:

@WilliamHenry said:

You designed those? Man, they look awesome!

Yea, I designed them all. Thanks for the kind words.

If any fellow GB users pick something up, shoot me a PM. I'll do my best to include something extra.

#43 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
#44 Edited by mandude (2666 posts) -

All this soap and no Dalek soap dispenser...someday.

#45 Posted by JCTango (1367 posts) -

Those are all pretty dang cool stuff - I've seen that site before, but have no interest in buying any of the artworks xD... even though I wish I could.

#46 Posted by shinboy630 (1226 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@shinboy630 said:

Thanks a lot, dick. Just had to show me that fucking incredible Bioshock poster, didn't you?

Tell your bank account I'm sorry. Don't worry, I did the same thing to mine.

#47 Posted by kumquat (128 posts) -

I was looking for a vegan wallet, and found a pretty rad one at etsy made out of recycled bike tubes.

#48 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I started looking about a bit onto non video game stuff, found some cool things that I would like in my future apartment/house.

I just need to buy one first.

#49 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I like some of the stuff on there but I don't really want all the video gamey stuff hanging around here. I do buy some t-shirts from time to time if they are subtle though, I had this arrive yesterday:

#50 Posted by Bollard (5927 posts) -

@Hizang said:

This is fucking SOAP!

I had to read what you said several times before I could even comprehend. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Also, a Giantbomb duder on here linked to his at the time girlfriend's page on Etsy, which I used to buy my girlfriend and awesome plushie. It's a pretty good site.