Anyone concerned by this?

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By serbsta

This is an edit to the old thread which messed up. Last Wednesday President Bush deployed 3rd Infantry Division's 1st Brigade Combat Team to deal with 'civil crises' and help control 'civil unrest'. He also stated that it was to 'suppress insurrection' and 'restore order'. This is a violation of the Posse Comitatus Act, which prohibits military participation in domestic matters. Link

Is anyone scared of the possibility of martial law? Not just in the United States, the French president Nikolas Sarkozy is also bringing back troops from Iraq to help deal with, quote, "internal matters". President Bush is said to be calling in more troops with 4 more divisions to return home within the coming week for service on US soil.

Theres only a few reasons for this in my opinion:

1) They're scared of a possible attack on US targets. Troops used for after effects. (FALSE FLAG ATTACK OR REAL WAR MOVE FROM ANOTHER NATION)
2) Used to control the population from looting etc. from the economic crisis. (MARTIAL LAW)
3) The troops are just slowly being returned home to their families. =]

Please, im honestly trying to have a proper discussion here so dont ruin this thread by claiming this is a conspiracy. Is anyone at all concerned about whats going on now? I know there isnt much happening here in Australia in terms of the military but our economy is tumbling. There are rumours flying around all over the net about Bush signing off a plan to implement martial law very soon, personally im not scared nor do i believe this. But, whats your opinion?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Martial law can occasionally be needed if there is serious civil unrest. Although I don't think that's the reason he's doing it, the economic crisis isn't going to get that bad. And I doubt it's because of an attack, because I don't think any countries are stupid enough to attack America.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By serbsta
MattyFTM said:
"Martial law can occasionally be needed if there is serious civil unrest. Although I don't think that's the reason he's doing it, the economic crisis isn't going to get that bad. And I doubt it's because of an attack, because I don't think any countries are stupid enough to attack America."
Hmmmm, im not saying its going to happen, but this financial crisis is getting pretty bad and many people are already stocking up with food, etc.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
serbsta said:
"MattyFTM said:
"Martial law can occasionally be needed if there is serious civil unrest. Although I don't think that's the reason he's doing it, the economic crisis isn't going to get that bad. And I doubt it's because of an attack, because I don't think any countries are stupid enough to attack America."
Hmmmm, im not saying its going to happen, but this financial crisis is getting pretty bad and many people are already stocking up with food, etc."
We've got through much worse recessions than this in the past, we'll get through it again. Infact, this should be one of the easiest periods of recession to get through, We've got far more luxuries to cut back on than what people have had in previous recessions.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike

How about reading the full Army Times article to start with.

I personally think this is a good idea.  These troops are getting some better training to deal with another possible Katrina or 911-esque situation in the future, with the added benefit of actually being deployed at home and not to Assghanistan or some other shithole.  Not everything is some vast conspiracy, you know.  You seriously need to stop reading so much into whatever website you keep visiting that is filling your head with all of this nonsense.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By OGCartman

bbbut we luv teh consp1rac13z

Ontopic, this dosent worry me in the slightest.

shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By shotaro

Back for training

for nao!

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By serbsta
MB said:
"How about reading the full Army Times article to start with.

I personally think this is a good idea.  These troops are getting some better training to deal with another possible Katrina or 911-esque situation in the future, with the added benefit of actually being deployed at home and not to Assghanistan or some other shithole.  Not everything is some vast conspiracy, you know.  You seriously need to stop reading so much into whatever website you keep visiting that is filling your head with all of this nonsense."
I clearly stated i dont believe this, therefore its not filling my head with any nonsense or making me believe anything, it just helps me keep an open mind, i like that, as long as i can control what i believe. =]

the full Army Times article:

Now they’re training for the same mission — with a twist — at home.

Beginning Oct. 1 for 12 months, the 1st BCT will be under the day-to-day control of U.S. Army North, the Army service component of Northern Command, as an on-call federal response force for natural or manmade emergencies and disasters, including terrorist attacks.

How is this contradicting to my opening post?

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By serbsta
elliooo said:
"No, they're not about to introduce Martial Law in America."
Sure hope not.