Anyone else love Rome?

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kohe321

And I'm not talking about the city, even though that is nice as well.

I'm talking about is the HBO series "Rome" that aired back in 2005. Anyone seen it?

I've watched it in it's entirety probably 4-5 times and it gets better and better on every see through. It's not often a series is better the second time you watch it, let alone multiple times. The acting, atmosphere, the effectiveness of the story telling, the authentic scenery... Everything is spot on in my opinion. To make a comparison to games: It's like that game you love to play again and again - not because you are wondering what will happen in the next scene, or how the story ends,  you just want to experience the atmosphere and the great characters again.

It's hands down my favorite TV series of all time.

Anyone else love it?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

I loved the series too. I really got into the characters and the stories... oh my, what drama... good stuff. Brutal and sexy and that was just the cities.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kohe321

Mark Antony is my favorite character, but all in all, there isn't ONE character that I dislike in the span of the entire series. Everyone fit in.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Geno

The best thing HBO has done, besting the Sopranos. It's too bad the average viewer isn't intelligent enough to enjoy such a show, and it ending up having to be cancelled. Atia (and the person who plays her) is awesome, as is Octavian. Pullo is good for some laughs as well.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kohe321

Yeah, but I feel the last episode of season 2 puts a nice closure to it. We are left wondering whether or not Pullo spoke the truth about Vorenus dying, and that ending scene where the camera pans out from Pullo and his son walking in the streets to an overview of Rome is sublime.

And yeah I agree, Atia is one of the best characters ever! Damn, all this talking about it makes me want to see through it again.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By oraknabo

Yeah, I was hoping to see Octavian take power eventually.

DavidPalmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DavidPalmer

Only watched a few episodes but love what I saw. Unfortunately our HBO subscription ran out and we never bothered renewing it so I never got to catch up. I think netflix is the next step for me here though so I can watch them all in marathon fashion one weekend or something.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Warfare

Ya it was a good series .

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Optiow

I have not seen it, but I really want to, it looks awesome.

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By snide

13th forever!

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kohe321
Optiow said:
"I have not seen it, but I really want to, it looks awesome.
"
Absolutely, it's an amazing series. I bet you'll love it!

snide said:
"13th forever!"
I just started to watch it again last night, and got to the episode where Pullo fights the gladiators in the arena. That big guy at the end is hella creepy! Vorenus owned him, though - the 13'th soldiers are pretty hardcore!