• 59 results
#1 Edited by Sackmanjones (4706 posts) -

If so what are ya takin? I just had an anatomy final yesterday and have math this morning and genetics tomorrow. This means next week I can just relax and get my Payne on. Well except for work. Anyway are you guys in finals and what do ya have and good luck on em! 

EDIT: To throw in some stuff for video games (cause this is a video game website) are there any games your gonna picking up or be getting back to after finals? As I said above I'm probably gonna be getting MP3 and I need my finals to wrap up so I can finish the first 2.

#2 Edited by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

I have two finals next week - media law and an English grammar course. The rest of my classes have big projects as their finals.

So glad I'm permanently done with science and math courses! Good luck, though.

#3 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

Erm, I have them this week and next week. Might be different in UK universities.

I have systems development (html/css/php/js/perl), intro to program development (java) and multimedia technologies (AS3, photoshop etc).

My last exam is the day after the diablo 3 release too D:, gonna have to resist opening that shiny CE.

#4 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

In two weeks

#5 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

That was my hell last week. Just catching up on Game of Thrones and playing some Fez now

#6 Posted by Sackmanjones (4706 posts) -

I have 2,000 posts! WOO

#7 Posted by blindisaac (141 posts) -

I have a Japanese 102 final tomorrow. Just ready to be done so I can go home, play some mandolin, play some Magic the Gathering, and sleep all day.

#8 Posted by Sackmanjones (4706 posts) -
@Gearhead

That was my hell last week. Just catching up on Game of Thrones and playing some Fez now

I envy you. Just bought the max Payne bundle so im excited to be done and catch up on some media
#9 Posted by BoG (5191 posts) -

Finals week for my University was last week. I had one Latin American literature final, and a final paper in a racial politics class. I took two final exams the week before, which made finals week easy.

AND NOW I'M DONE! SUMMER HERE I COME! SPAIN HERE I COME!

#10 Edited by Jrinswand (1709 posts) -

Nope! Mwahaha! My finals week was last week as well. Except there aren't really any finals when you're an English major. I had to write 60 pages of seminar essays though.

My wife is taking her finals this week. She's a fucking wreck right now from all the stress and lack of sleep. I don't even know what classes she's taking. Whatever they teach in veterinary school, I guess.

Edit: Also, I don't really have any desire to play Max Payne, but I also haven't been watching any trailers or anything, so who knows. I have been playing an inordinate amount of video games in the past week though. :D

#11 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11031 posts) -

I had my last exam yesterday, but I still have an essay I need to finish today. But after that, I'm done!

#12 Posted by Sackmanjones (4706 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan Oh god I forgot a paper I have to write and you reminded me. 1000 thank yous sir!
#13 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Finished my finals and graduated from college last week. Good luck to all those still working at it though! Hopefully you'll all be finished before all the good games start coming out.

#14 Posted by Echofoxz (98 posts) -

Nope, I had them three weeks ago.

#15 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11031 posts) -

@Sackmanjones: You are very welcome, and I know the feeling exactly! Also, good luck.

#16 Posted by Daiphyer (1337 posts) -

In three weeks. I am not worried about it much.

#17 Posted by captain_clayman (3321 posts) -

next week. driver's ed, english and spanish this term. shouldn't be too hard, a bit worried about spanish though.

#18 Edited by colorbrandon (164 posts) -

In the middle of my finals period.

Fluid mechanics tomorrow, Physical Chemistry the day after, and then Linear Algebra to wrap it up.

#19 Posted by HairyMike87 (1016 posts) -

I've got finals in comparative politics, communication research, tv studio production and media advertising. Not going to be a fun week for me.

#20 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

My last final is in a few hours and I turn in a paper on Thursday. Can't wait to be done!

#21 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

English and spanish.

I should be ok for english..spanish scares me though.

#22 Posted by mracoon (4971 posts) -

I've got two exams this week (Optics and Solid State) and three the week after (Math, Quantum Mechanics and Thermodynamics).

#23 Edited by wwfundertaker (1403 posts) -

Next week for me, pharmocology, biomedical instrumentation and biomaterial.

#24 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1247 posts) -

Yep. Last one on Thursday then SUMMER!

#25 Posted by Sackmanjones (4706 posts) -
@mracoon said:
I've got two exams this week (Optics and Solid State) and three the week after (Math, Quantum Mechanics and Thermodynamics).
Holy hell, that all sounds super complicated.
#26 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

I had Differential Equations and Engineering Design Exams yesterday. I have a Java exam tonight and a Statics exam tomorrow morning that I should probably be studying for right now.

#27 Posted by notdavid (839 posts) -

Mine were all last week. Now I get to spend a solid week dicking around on the internet before work starts.

#28 Posted by MocBucket62 (1230 posts) -

Just finished my finals two weeks ago. I go to a college where summer break starts in late April.  
@Sackmanjones
: Best of luck to your Genetics exam and paper due tomorrow!  
Same for everyone else still taking finals.

#29 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5828 posts) -

Nope, I took my last one on Friday for Microeconomics. 

and now I get to spend the next few weeks playing the Witcher 2 and watching Breaking Bad

#30 Posted by DukesT3 (1917 posts) -

Nope! Because I'm no longer in school.

#31 Posted by Lavapotamus (199 posts) -

I just took my only real final yesterday. It was for Publication Layout and I was doing just fine until I reached the short answer section. Questions about things I haven't heard about before and blanks to label types of headlines...

After Friday's presentation of my promo for a local game store (corporate video project), though, I'm done!

#32 Posted by Navyseils (164 posts) -

Mine is in two weeks. I was 7 marks shy of getting exemption for it too.

That'll teach me. I'll procrastinate less next year. Maybe.

#33 Posted by Clinkz (1118 posts) -

Just had mine last Friday and Monday. Linear Algebra, Unix Programming, and Management.

It kind of depresses me how many college kids are on this site but I don't know why... I'm part of the problem too!

#34 Edited by Ben_H (3361 posts) -

Mine were a month ago spread out throughout April. I took all math and physics classes (because I'm an idiot and thought I could handle it) and ended up way overwhelmed and didn't do well on finals. Almost all my marks went down at least 5%. I'm switching majors to computer science next year (like over half of math majors at my university do because you start doing upper year math and realize it is not what you expected) so my first half of the year should be easy because I'm taking first year comp-sci classes, which I already know most of the content of. Then for the second half I'm taking a mix of first and second year comp-sci classes so it might be a lot of work but it shouldn't be too hard and I really enjoy that stuff so it should be a lot of fun.

#35 Posted by Kenshinfan818 (60 posts) -

I have my intro to evolution final on Thursday, my traditional grammar and post colonial literature finals on Friday, and finally a math for the liberal arts final Monday. I luckily don't have to take my educational psychology final on Friday because I have a 94 in the class right now. As for games, I've been playing Ocarina of Time 3ds and reading the book "eldest" to kill some stress at the end of the day. Can't wait to get home though and finish L.A Noir.

#36 Posted by myketuna (1701 posts) -

I am and I can't wait until they are over. Not because I'm worried about them, but it means I will be free for next Tuesday and Diablo III. As for what I am taking...

C++ Programming, Programming Logic and Design (Flowcharts, pseudocode stuff), Web Development (CSS/XHTML/JavaScript stuff), and Data Communications (Networking stuff)

#37 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Sort of. Usually at my college we have cumulative finals, but this semester I don't have any, which is a nice change of pace. I went three days last semester fueled by coffee and power naps. Too bad I have to cram in three papers in the next two days instead.

#38 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -
@Flawed_System: Yeah, dude. I hate finals like that. Last semester I had to cram in so much biology information that I wanted to cry.
#39 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

Physics, Trig, Advance C++, Advance Java, Advance C#. Its going to be a long week.

#40 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

Three finals over the next two weeks. One tomorrow and one Thursday. Another a week from now.

Law school. I hate thee.

#41 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

@BoG said:

Finals week for my University was last week. I had one Latin American literature final, and a final paper in a racial politics class. I took two final exams the week before, which made finals week easy.

AND NOW I'M DONE! SUMMER HERE I COME! SPAIN HERE I COME!

Latin American literature actually sounds like a great course. Did you read 'One Hundred Years of Solitude'?

#42 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3501 posts) -

Mine were last week. I start classes again next week -_-

#43 Posted by TheRealJpoe (134 posts) -

Nope, all my finals were last week. So great to be out of school :D

#44 Posted by gakon (1952 posts) -

@Origina1Penguin said:

Mine were last week. I start classes again next week -_-

I'm in the same boat. The whole "Wow, the school year is really over, huh?" sensation just isn't the same when you have summer classes.

#45 Edited by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@Flawed_System said:

@BrockNRolla said:

Three finals over the next two weeks. One tomorrow and one Thursday. Another a week from now.

Law school. I hate thee.

Did you take a year off before going into the LSAT or did you just go straight in?

I was actually a teacher for a year between College and Law School, but I took the LSAT my senior year of college. The nice thing is, or at least I think it is still this way, is that when you take the exam it's good for three years.

I don't know that I learned any useful skills from that year out of school, but it did give me some perspective on the world and gave me an interest in future law school study in social issues. If you have any other questions about the process or the experience, I'd be happy to answer them.

#46 Posted by gamefreak9 (2359 posts) -

Strategy on the 17th, Econometrics on the 22nd, Corporate Finance 26th, Applied Econometrics 30th, Entrepreneurship theory 2nd and Applied Stats on the 9th!

#47 Edited by Colt45 (54 posts) -

Nope, I'm giving finals this week. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

#48 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4973 posts) -
@mracoon said:

#49 Posted by DillonWerner (1528 posts) -

No finals this week, but since I'm in high-school I am taking two AP tests. One on Thursday and one on Friday.

#50 Posted by borgmaster (513 posts) -

Just finished mine, had Economic History today and accounting and anthropology last week. I am really happy it's over.