Anyone Going to Any Music Fests This Spring/Summer?

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

The line-up to Camp Bisco came out today and pretty much solidified my attendance to the festival this year. I was already 95% on board with it after I went last year for the first time and had the best weekend of my life. It's not a huge festival like Bonnaroo or Coachella but it always has a solid line-up and tons of dance music acts from a number of genres. It's also conveniently held in New York which is a whole lot easier for me to get to from my native Massachusetts.

No Caption Provided

In addition to all the EDM stuff I'm really pumped to get to see Macklemore, Killer Mike, and El-P. Although for me seeing Atmosphere last year was the best hip-hop act I have or will see at Bisco.

zFUBARz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'll be going to the Mumford and Sons stopover in southern Ontario in late August, two days of camping and hillbilly folk music. should be fun. Then after that hippy dippy stuff a couple days of pointless greed at Niagra Falls since we'll be in the area.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Oh wow, never heard of this. Sounds cool! I know the about the bigger ones like Flux, and Animal Collective. Good on Macklmore, though! ~ I used to do Vans Warped Tour, but ah, that's been a couple of years. I'm in save all money mode, won't go this year.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I might go to NXNE this summer if there's a good lineup. Last year's hip hop acts were great (Action Bronson, Killer Mike and Raekwon & Ghostface Killah) and my friend got brought up on stage to do Meth's verse from Protect Ya Neck with Rae and Ghost. It was so fuckin' dope.

deadmoscow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By deadmoscow

I used to be all about going to the Pitchfork Festival and Lollapalooza every summer, but at some point I realized I didn't like wandering around stoned for four days straight and the whole festival scene lost its appeal for me. On top of that, most of the bands I listen to nowadays aren't really playing festivals anyways.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I'm gonna go to the Summer Slaughter this year.

BrianP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maryland Deathfest, could not be more stoked.

No Caption Provided

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

No money

Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh wow, never heard of this. Sounds cool! I know the about the bigger ones like Flux, and Animal Collective. Good on Macklmore, though! ~ I used to do Vans Warped Tour, but ah, that's been a couple of years. I'm in save all money mode, won't go this year.

I saw Flux last year at a club and he tore the place down, cannot wait to see him rock the main stage at Camp Bisco this year. Animal Collective I had only heard of until the line-up came out, but now that I've demo'd some of their shit I'm pretty pumped to get to see them. They seem trippy as fuck.

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a fest but I'm seeing Between the Buried and Me and Coheed and Cambria in March and just thinking about it makes me rock hard.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

Music festives sound like they can be fun, unfortunately most of my musical tastes are stuck in the 80's/90's

bitchypixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only music festival I've been wanting to attend is Sasquatch, and that's way out of my price range. I am, however, going to see both Modest Mouse and The Postal Service this summer, so my nostalgia fest will make up for lack of 'Squatch.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I could, but they're all so expensive.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Optix12

@oscar__explosion said:

Music festives sound like they can be fun, unfortunately most of my musical tastes are stuck in the 80's/90's

If you live in Europe and have money to get to France there is a great festival doing alot of hard classic rock http://www.hellfest.fr/artistes.

Its cool to get an insight into festivals in America as I don't often see them other than the main ones. My plans (being in the UK) will pretty much mean I will be going to Download Festival, but im waiting in case Reading Festival pull out a pretty good lineup. And a one day festival called Slam Dunk fest.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to see Rammstein at Sofia Rocks 2013.

StingerMK2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Download festival is always a must for me, I've been known to frequent the Leeds festival too, but I'm probably skipping this years. I will probably hit up 2000Trees, my friend has brought me a ticket already so it'd be rude not to, and ill more than likely go to a few all-dayers such as Damnation, ArcTanGent, Hit The Deck or Ghostfest

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optix12: That totally looks like my type of festival! Sadly I'm from the U.S.

Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shockd said:

Going to see Rammstein at Sofia Rocks 2013.

You're in for a treat man. I've seen Rammstein twice now and they're probably the best performers I've ever seen in any genre.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

I might be going to either Firefly or Bonnaroo this year.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

going to reading, wireless and opener festival so far.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being the amazingly social person that I am, I had my first festival experience only last year. Flow Festival, which wasn't anything too amazing, but I got the chance to see Björk live, which did make it worth visiting. We'll see if I end up visiting another one before I turn over 40...

Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman said:

I might be going to either Firefly or Bonnaroo this year.

I just checked the line-up to Firefly since it's been mentioned so many times in this thread, and damn, I like that better than this year's Roo line-up.

deadmoscow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@brianp said:

Maryland Deathfest, could not be more stoked.

No Caption Provided

Holy shit this would be worth the price of admission for Melvins alone! Throw in Sleep and Converge and Pig Destroyer and I'm there in a heartbeat.