#1 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6295 posts) -

The line-up to Camp Bisco came out today and pretty much solidified my attendance to the festival this year. I was already 95% on board with it after I went last year for the first time and had the best weekend of my life. It's not a huge festival like Bonnaroo or Coachella but it always has a solid line-up and tons of dance music acts from a number of genres. It's also conveniently held in New York which is a whole lot easier for me to get to from my native Massachusetts.

In addition to all the EDM stuff I'm really pumped to get to see Macklemore, Killer Mike, and El-P. Although for me seeing Atmosphere last year was the best hip-hop act I have or will see at Bisco.

#2 Posted by zFUBARz (625 posts) -

I'll be going to the Mumford and Sons stopover in southern Ontario in late August, two days of camping and hillbilly folk music. should be fun. Then after that hippy dippy stuff a couple days of pointless greed at Niagra Falls since we'll be in the area.

#3 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4189 posts) -

Oh wow, never heard of this. Sounds cool! I know the about the bigger ones like Flux, and Animal Collective. Good on Macklmore, though! ~ I used to do Vans Warped Tour, but ah, that's been a couple of years. I'm in save all money mode, won't go this year.

#4 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

I might go to NXNE this summer if there's a good lineup. Last year's hip hop acts were great (Action Bronson, Killer Mike and Raekwon & Ghostface Killah) and my friend got brought up on stage to do Meth's verse from Protect Ya Neck with Rae and Ghost. It was so fuckin' dope.

#5 Edited by deadmoscow (261 posts) -

I used to be all about going to the Pitchfork Festival and Lollapalooza every summer, but at some point I realized I didn't like wandering around stoned for four days straight and the whole festival scene lost its appeal for me. On top of that, most of the bands I listen to nowadays aren't really playing festivals anyways.

#6 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3131 posts) -

I'm gonna go to the Summer Slaughter this year.

#7 Posted by BrianP (437 posts) -

Maryland Deathfest, could not be more stoked.

#8 Posted by Cirdain (3049 posts) -

No money

#9 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6295 posts) -

Oh wow, never heard of this. Sounds cool! I know the about the bigger ones like Flux, and Animal Collective. Good on Macklmore, though! ~ I used to do Vans Warped Tour, but ah, that's been a couple of years. I'm in save all money mode, won't go this year.

I saw Flux last year at a club and he tore the place down, cannot wait to see him rock the main stage at Camp Bisco this year. Animal Collective I had only heard of until the line-up came out, but now that I've demo'd some of their shit I'm pretty pumped to get to see them. They seem trippy as fuck.

#10 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1202 posts) -

Not a fest but I'm seeing Between the Buried and Me and Coheed and Cambria in March and just thinking about it makes me rock hard.

#11 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2235 posts) -

Music festives sound like they can be fun, unfortunately most of my musical tastes are stuck in the 80's/90's

#12 Posted by bitchypixels (67 posts) -

The only music festival I've been wanting to attend is Sasquatch, and that's way out of my price range. I am, however, going to see both Modest Mouse and The Postal Service this summer, so my nostalgia fest will make up for lack of 'Squatch.

#13 Posted by Winternet (8012 posts) -

I wish I could, but they're all so expensive.

#14 Edited by Optix12 (611 posts) -

@oscar__explosion said:

Music festives sound like they can be fun, unfortunately most of my musical tastes are stuck in the 80's/90's

If you live in Europe and have money to get to France there is a great festival doing alot of hard classic rock http://www.hellfest.fr/artistes.

Its cool to get an insight into festivals in America as I don't often see them other than the main ones. My plans (being in the UK) will pretty much mean I will be going to Download Festival, but im waiting in case Reading Festival pull out a pretty good lineup. And a one day festival called Slam Dunk fest.

#15 Posted by ShockD (2400 posts) -

Going to see Rammstein at Sofia Rocks 2013.

#16 Posted by StingerMK2 (386 posts) -

Download festival is always a must for me, I've been known to frequent the Leeds festival too, but I'm probably skipping this years. I will probably hit up 2000Trees, my friend has brought me a ticket already so it'd be rude not to, and ill more than likely go to a few all-dayers such as Damnation, ArcTanGent, Hit The Deck or Ghostfest

#17 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2235 posts) -

@optix12: That totally looks like my type of festival! Sadly I'm from the U.S.

#18 Edited by Everyones_A_Critic (6295 posts) -

@shockd said:

Going to see Rammstein at Sofia Rocks 2013.

You're in for a treat man. I've seen Rammstein twice now and they're probably the best performers I've ever seen in any genre.

#19 Posted by TurboMan (7500 posts) -

I might be going to either Firefly or Bonnaroo this year.

#20 Posted by Carryboy (640 posts) -

going to reading, wireless and opener festival so far.

#21 Posted by Glottery (1195 posts) -

Being the amazingly social person that I am, I had my first festival experience only last year. Flow Festival, which wasn't anything too amazing, but I got the chance to see Björk live, which did make it worth visiting. We'll see if I end up visiting another one before I turn over 40...

#22 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6295 posts) -

@turboman said:

I might be going to either Firefly or Bonnaroo this year.

I just checked the line-up to Firefly since it's been mentioned so many times in this thread, and damn, I like that better than this year's Roo line-up.

#23 Posted by deadmoscow (261 posts) -

@brianp said:

Maryland Deathfest, could not be more stoked.

Holy shit this would be worth the price of admission for Melvins alone! Throw in Sleep and Converge and Pig Destroyer and I'm there in a heartbeat.