Anyone here have Sprint?

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By choffy21

Just wondering how the 3G speeds are and if you get a good signal.

Really like the new Palm Pre. I'm thinking of switching to get it (already have an iPhone and I'm getting kinda tired of it).

FUN-FACT-O'-DAY: Working at GameStop gives you 5% off per month on every Sprint bill. So -5% for me!
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By FrankCanada97

Wow, you work at a Gamestop? How is it?

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By choffy21
FrankCanada97 said:
Wow, you work at a Gamestop? How is it?
Easy job. Good benefits. Decent pay.

Perfect job for school. People hate that place, but I looove it!
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By EpicSteve

I JUST left my job at Gamestop, and no one told me about this discount...and I have Sprint. FAIL for me. :(

Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Expletive

i don't have sprint but i have heard that the coverage sucks

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

Yo, Sprint user here. I have the HTC Touch Pro and I get service just about everywhere as long as it's not 10 feet underground. I love using the web on it as well and It gets great speed with Opera but even better speeds with the Skyfire alternative browser. I also have a program that I use to create wifi hotspots so I can use my iPod or a laptop anywhere. So, yeah, I think speeds are pretty good and service is great.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By choffy21
Dr_Feelgood38 said:
Yo, Sprint user here. I have the HTC Touch Pro and I get service just about everywhere as long as ... [more]
Thanks. The Palm Pre looks pretty damn good. Almost too good to pass up.
EpicSteve said:
I JUST left my job at Gamestop, and no one told me about this discount...and I have Sprint. FAIL for ... [more]
I called Sprint for a question on a plan, and they asked where I worked, told them GameStop, Inc. and the guy said:

"Oh, because you work at GameStop you qualify for 5% off your monthly bill.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By RetroIce4
choffy21 said:
Just wondering how the 3G speeds are and if you get a good signal.Really like the new Palm Pre. I'm ... [more]
I repeat DON'T!

DO NOT GET SPRINT!

I have Sprint right now. It is so terrible. I have this phone. (Except in White)
No Caption Provided

It's a crappy phone I got with Sprint. I never get service. Not even in my own house on
some days. None at school. None in Texas. None god damn anywhere. Unless you are really cheap. Sprint is for you because
it is the cheapest service to get, but you won't get service
and the only good phones they have are Blackberrys, but nobody needs them unless you work a lot.
(I would go with Verizon if you don'y have a lot of problems with them or have used them before.)
PartTimeNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By PartTimeNinja

I have Sprint. Seems to work fine for me. I find that their 3G is pretty reliable.

I would rather have AT&T or something, though.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By toowalrus

As in Saginaw Spirit? Local Hockey, GO!

No Caption Provided
Oh... Sprint? Nah, I'm on Verizon.
choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By choffy21
RetroIce4 said:
choffy21 said: Just wondering how the 3G speeds are and if you get a good signal.Really like the new Palm ... [more]
Verizon is too fucking expensive. I can get unlimited texts for my whole family for $15 a month through T-Mobile (what I have now), or around $35 through Verizon.

Plus, I don't like their OS they have on their phones.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By EpicSteve
choffy21 said:
FrankCanada97 said: Wow, you work at a Gamestop? How is it? Easy job. Good benefits. Decent pay.Perfect job for school. ... [more]

Gamestop's a bitch. Crappy pay, but the benefits were nice. I felt bad that I was forced to be "that guy" who asks for pre-orders. I got robbed twice, and was payed minimum wage. ...but when I get back from Basic Training I'll go back if their is a manager position open.
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ahriman22

Nope, Rogers here in Canada. But Sprint is the American equivalent of Telus, which is total shit. The phone selection sucks, the service is horrible. DON'T GO WITH SPRINT!

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xxNBxx
choffy21 said:
RetroIce4 said: choffy21 said: Just wondering how the 3G speeds are and if you get a good signal.Really like the ... [more]

there is a reason why its expensive....  It works.   I have a Samsung Rant for Sprint and calls work most of the time, sometimes I loss calls, sometimes the calls get sent to voice mail without ringing.  The online service is really where it sucks.  I tried the unlimited excesses a few months ago and was really disappointed.  I wouldn't get pages to load, do to the screen size you only saw a small peace of the page.  I would imagine that The Palm Pre would have better screen, but over all i cant recommend getting Sprint if your main reason is the Online. 
choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By choffy21
EpicSteve said:
choffy21 said: FrankCanada97 said: Wow, you work at a Gamestop? How is it? Easy job. Good benefits. Decent pay.Perfect job ... [more]
I never nag for preorders. I'll maybe casually bring it up and I meet my quota every time I work.

I haven't gotten robbed (knock on wood), but I'm sure you run the risk of that with every job.

Duh you're getting payed minimum wage! You work at GameStop. $7.25 is minimum wage in Arizona though.
choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By choffy21

I'm thinking of getting rid of my jailbroken iPhone and getting a G1 when my contract expires. Are those any good?