And if so, do you regret it?

Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

i was in college for a year and dropped out due to financial reasons. 
i don't regret that i did because my life wouldn't be the same if i hadn't. i would have never met my wife, i wouldn't have a beautiful little girl, i wouldn't have met my 2 best friends, etc. etc. 
fortunately for me i am in a situation where it isn't too late to go back and i'm quickly approaching a time that it would be easy to do so. 

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Jayzilla

i went to college.

PoppaKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PoppaKyle

I didn't go to college, never even wanted too. I'm in a good position, I just need to make up my mind which career path to pursue now
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic

graduated from high school in july 09. gonna go to university in october 2011.   2 year break intended ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No college, prison however...

OverLord00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OverLord00

No college.  Graduated HS in 08.  Not sure if I regret it yet, sometimes I think I'd rather be in college, just for the sake of my life having a purpose.  Then there are other times that I am glad that I'm not.  More than likely I will attend at least for a year or so, to fill the void that I presume is me doing nothing with my life, but I might hate it and decide that it is something else that makes me feel incomplete.

SkyMasterson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SkyMasterson

I technically didn't my first 2 and half years of community college(didn't show up half the time and if I did, never studied or did my hw).  

I know it was dumb, but I had a lot of fun and I was working full time so that kinda made up for it. Then after getting my shit together I finally transferred to an actual university where I again messed up (slacked off) the furst year and half, so I took off a semester, which really recharged me and I've been going back strong ever since and finally about to graduate! 

Schools tough sometimes, especially with work and wanting to go/hang out with friends and stuff, butman if you can stick with it, it realy is rewarding. It feels so good to get an A and B's and I still get majority C's but hey in some classes I work extra hard and it makes you feel good to see that good grade.

masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By masternater27

So, I graduated in 07 from high school.  Ended up not attending the college I got into for financial reasons.  I had enough foresight to take community college for free while in high school though, so I have 2 years under my belt for when my time off comes to a close next year.  I'd recommend going to college if you have the opportunity, but only if you want to.  If you're going because you just feel like you're supposed to you'll burn out quickly.

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrCandleguy

Well, 'college' in my country is what you guys would call high school? so i have finished my 'college' and now im starting your 'college' lol

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iam3green

i'm attending college. i'm going to community college, it's just alright. i just do alright in college, the first couple of semesters it felt like high school two. i did bad because i didn't study. year 2 is started to do good. since i did bad in the beginning i have to do go a couple of extra semesters. i plan on graduating this fall, since it's fall my adviser told me that i won't get the degree paper until spring time.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By meteora

I've already applied for college, but I'm not even sure if I've gotten the registration down correctly. If something horribly goes wrong, I think I might take a break by joining the army.

Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fbomb

Went to university for 8 years. Worked for half of it at the same time.... depending on what you want to do, the piece of paper will matter to large companies.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i regret not having finished. i've just reapplied for schooling. hopefully i am accepted and can get the financial aid i need, or perhaps a grant that i won't have to pay back. i've been on a schooling hiatus since 2003. it's time i've finished some unfinished business. i'll be changing my major from computer science to applied science in renewable energy technology (RET). this time around, i won't become distracted by pussy all around me. i have no desire to get married or have children, and women my age are looking for a fool to latch on to.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your mom goes to college.

DjTann3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DjTann3r

Went to community for a semester, left because I was already way beyond what they were teaching. I've been working for a number of years now, in a great career right now. Don't regret anything. Do what you like, and most of the time if you're good enough, you will go somewhere with it.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I'll be starting my freshman year this September. I feel like I should be in film school, but I don't think my family can afford it. State school english major here I come!

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By damnboyadvance

No. I'm going into high school, so I haven't attended college, yet. Plans are to attend college for at least 2 years. And based on my practice ACT scores, that is pretty realistic for me right now.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#20  Edited By Tireyo

I don't regret going to college. For me, it's better than high school, middle school, and elementary school combined.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Mmmslash

The best parts about college are things you never learn in the classroom, and are things you can learn just as easily through experience. The only justifiable reason to go to college is to give yourself a leg-up of your opposition in the job market, or to delay adulthood for another two to four years.

I am 20 years old, own my own business, and am the CTO of a PC Repair firm, and I never even looked at college.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#22  Edited By Yummylee
@Jayzilla said:
" i went to college. "
Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mighty
@Jayzilla said:
"i went to college. "
Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mikewrestler5 said:
" And if so, do you regret it? "

I'm 25-ing and not colleging.
marrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By marrec
@odintal said:
" i was in college for a year and dropped out due to financial reasons. i don't regret that i did because my life wouldn't be the same if i hadn't. i would have never met my wife, i wouldn't have a beautiful little girl, i wouldn't have met my 2 best friends, etc. etc. fortunately for me i am in a situation where it isn't too late to go back and i'm quickly approaching a time that it would be easy to do so.  "
This... this exactly, but replace Daughter with Son. It was like reading my autobiography! 

Seriously though, College isn't for everyone, I have a fantastic career that I've built form the ground up, Ditch Digging to Manager... not everyone can do that.  

Although I do regret not finishing college slightly, only because I payed all that money for shit...
agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By agentboolen
@Mikewrestler5:  It was cool and it might make you a more educated person...  But the economy is so fucked that it might not lead to a job any quicker.  Our leaders suck and are pushing us in a downward spiral.
MeatXbeatsXman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By MeatXbeatsXman

I've been out of school for 3 years, and college has always been a goal, but I've been held back by financial problems. I think I've settled on organizational psychology as my major, now I just have to apply for loans and whatnot.

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ravenousrattler

nope never went to college, and I don't regret it. It just wasn't for me.

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

Just graduated High school. As of right now, No I do not go to college because I'm going to the Navy.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#30  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I attended college and am now attending university. I'm very glad I went to college but I regret not doing A-level mathematics, that sure would have made programming easier.

Avatar image for thelegendofluke
TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheLegendofLuke

@Mmmslash said:

" to delay adulthood for another two to four years."  
This is exactly what I am doing. 
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Osaladin

I went to college, and the only regret I have is that I didn't have a clear focus from the beginning, it would have made my life a hell of a lot easier in my later undergrad years. I have 2 more years of med school, and then 3 minimum years as a resident. I'm in it for the long haul baby!

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#33  Edited By astrotriforce

I've honestly yet to meet a single person who has convinced me that college is the way to go. No actual person I know in real life who graduated uses their degree or their major, and almost all of them are working normal jobs and are now in major debt. So I'm not convinced yet about school. But it's not something I've rejected either. But if you can get by without it I think you're fine, unless you plan on having a family. 

I plan on being single or not having a family for quite a number of years (though you never know), so I still have time to make up my mind. And considering where the dollar could be headed and reforms, it may be better to wait.

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#34  Edited By astrotriforce
@EveretteScott said:
" @Mikewrestler5 said:
" And if so, do you regret it? "
 I'm 25-ing and not colleging. "
Same. lol.
one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By one_2nd

I'm in high school and I really wanna go to Albany for college.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CornontheCobbe

I graduated like 3 years ago i think, and havent technically gone yet. Still have no clue what i want to do in college. Will go in about 2 years probably.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By c1337us