#1 Edited by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Right now is a huge thunderstorm happening. I am currently sItting in a car, since my mom is afraid that the big tree by our house would fall. Anyone else seeing this? Edit: Washigton state near Yakima.

#2 Edited by believer258 (11909 posts) -

Which Washington? DC or State?

#3 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Whoops. State.

#4 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

We need to change the names of one of those states... I know near impossible. But it gets confusing sometimes... also... please tell me it isn't going towards Montana... PLEASE!

#5 Posted by Fobwashed (2075 posts) -

I just flew out of Seattle and saw no sign of any such thing. Whatever is up there, I'm in sunny southern Cali now =)

#6 Posted by themightymonarch (46 posts) -

I live in Spokane. It's uncomfortably warm here. I'd love for a thunder storm to start.

#7 Edited by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Actually I don't think it's going to Montana. Since it not even at Spokane. Which is a nearby city. It must only be in the Yakima area.

#8 Posted by CosmicBatman (317 posts) -

Get inside dude.

#9 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I'm in Olympia, weather is fine. Where is this happening?

#10 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Oh and also I am now inside. The wind slowed down.

#11 Posted by Isaiah (174 posts) -

I heard the weather alert I'm well out of range though Vancouver wa here

#12 Posted by DillonWerner (1528 posts) -

I live in St. Louis but I feel your pain, there is a huge ass thunderstorm here right now.

#13 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

Nope, just you man.

#14 Posted by Mr_Misery (258 posts) -

I'm in Bremerton. No thunderstorm but it is getting hotter everyday.

#15 Posted by cyraxible (688 posts) -

You're east of the mountains, I'm not surprised. Sorry you have to be so close to Spokaneistan.

I live in Redmond and it's really nice outside right now. Warm but with a cool night breeze.

#16 Posted by cyraxible (688 posts) -

@Jay444111: Should have been named Columbia, which if I remember correctly was one of the other names thrown out there.

#17 Posted by Sterling (2296 posts) -

I am in Wilbur, and it just got here. Pretty crazy lightning going on. Looks to be just a lighting storm. Not getting any rain. Just a lot of, and I mean a lot, of lightning and loud ass thunder.

I think I am going to turn my PC off just in case. And go sit outside with a few beers.

#18 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

I'm in Seattle and I'll be pissed if I have to unplug my computer in a while.

To avoid further confusion, I propose that the state heretofore referred to as Washington be renamed Greater Seattle.

#19 Posted by Sterling (2296 posts) -

Well, that was over pretty fast. Its booking North West pretty quickly. Its already passed over us. I can still see it in the distance. But it was only over us for about 10-12 minutes.

#20 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

The thunderstorm is now over where I'm at. Time to get to sleep

#21 Posted by DillonWerner (1528 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

The thunderstorm is now over where I'm at. Time to get to sleep

I'm assuming the tree didn't, in-fact, fall on your house?

#22 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

I can honestly report that the storm happening in Wayington did not, in fact, hit Sydney, Australia.

It is cloudy, however, and cold.

#23 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -
@Tim_the_Corsair Washington too; thanks autocorrect!
#24 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

no, but the 4th of july there was a huge thunderstorm where i live. it was the kind of storm where it was a few miles away but could see it. it was pretty cool. i was driving home from work when that happened. it was my fireworks that i got to see.

#25 Posted by Brownieee (6 posts) -

Vancouver , Wa here

#26 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

I live in Dallas though. It is now about 3AM, so i'm about to get some sleep.

Here in Dallas we almost have no trouble with thunderstorms, rain or anything alike. It's almost hot as the devil's asshole summer round.

#27 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Yeah I was on I-5 in Seattle tonight when I saw a huge thunderstorm in the distance. We don't really get too many of those around here.

#28 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I can live wherever you want me to.

#29 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3393 posts) -

Yeah heard those late last night while watching a movie, initially thought it was an airplane but it kept on continuing. Kind of surprising, considering the great weather we've been having. Wonder if it will rain today?