Anyone ride a motorbike?

hojufixter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By hojufixter

I'm looking at getting into it. Just wondering if anyone on here rides and has any tips for someone starting out?

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Contrarian

I stopped after a car failed to give way at a set of traffic lights. My motorcycle went into the car and I went into his windscreen. Lucky for me I bounced off the windscreen, but kept going through the intersection, sans the motorcycle. Recovered and never been on one since. But hey, go for it.

Von

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Von

Well, don't get a supersport bike as your first one and most importantly: ATGATT.

hojufixter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By hojufixter

Sounds like a nasty accident. Glad you have recovered, and definitely understandable to quit after that

Good advice Von, though I will admit I had to look up ATGATT

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Contrarian

@hojufixter said:

Sounds like a nasty accident. Glad you have recovered, and definitely understandable to quit after that

It could have been far worse than it turned out to be. I was back up and about in about 6 weeks - no broken bones, just lots of bruising. The thing is, you have no protection and the roads are full of idiots. On a bike, you have to drive with those idiots in mind, It is so tempting to dart between cars - don't do it. I saw my first and only dead body of a motorcyclist that missed a bend and ended up in the rail. Still haunts me. Just don't become a statistic - it is possible, but much harder on a bike.

management

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By management

I love using my motorcycle. If you are looking for easy parking and a fast way through traffic, a motorcycle is definitively the way to go. Just don't get one of those super racing bikes with a billion break horsepower, that is overkill.

I don't know how the laws are in other countries but here in Norway you can use your motorcycle in the carpool lane which makes rush hours a breeze.

As you might have noticed, you need to be careful though. You need to think about how you are driving and everyone else, always be on the safe side and don't take any risks.

phampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By phampire