#1 Edited by Dallas_Raines (2138 posts) -

It was a pretty strange to sight to see a green truck roaming my neighborhood advertising Seafood, Diapers and Video Games. I didn't even realize this service existed until today.

#2 Posted by Rorie (2707 posts) -

I've heard a lot about it and hope they roll it out to SF soon. I'm surprised they didn't start it here, honestly, considering how small the city is. I'd gladly pay a bit more for groceries if I can get them delivered - I'm awful about actually shopping for healthy food and usually wind up settling for pizza instead.

Staff
#3 Posted by mrfizzy (1522 posts) -

Woah what. I don't live in the US so this doesn't really effect me but that sounds awesome. Like an ice-cream truck but adults with responsibilities.

#4 Edited by Dallas_Raines (2138 posts) -

@rorie: Yeah, SF is apparently coming before the end of the year.

#5 Edited by CommanderGermanShepard (303 posts) -
#6 Posted by Blackout62 (1329 posts) -

@rorie: You only responded to this thread because Dallas has an Emma Stone avatar didn't you?

#7 Posted by Jams (2959 posts) -

@rorie said:

I've heard a lot about it and hope they roll it out to SF soon. I'm surprised they didn't start it here, honestly, considering how small the city is. I'd gladly pay a bit more for groceries if I can get them delivered - I'm awful about actually shopping for healthy food and usually wind up settling for pizza instead.

Weird. I don't remember posting this but that's exactly what I do too. I always plan on getting healthy stuff and end up with some frozen pizza and spaghetti o's instead. The sad part is I think I save a lot of money doing that.

#8 Edited by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

I like how everyone replied to Rorie. Anyway, what is this thing? I have not heard of it myself

#9 Edited by Dallas_Raines (2138 posts) -
#10 Edited by CommanderGermanShepard (303 posts) -

@jams said:

@rorie said:

I've heard a lot about it and hope they roll it out to SF soon. I'm surprised they didn't start it here, honestly, considering how small the city is. I'd gladly pay a bit more for groceries if I can get them delivered - I'm awful about actually shopping for healthy food and usually wind up settling for pizza instead.

Weird. I don't remember posting this but that's exactly what I do too. I always plan on getting healthy stuff and end up with some frozen pizza and spaghetti o's instead. The sad part is I think I save a lot of money doing that.

I was doing that too, then I started buy freezed bag of mixed asian veges for like $1, some soy sauce topping to put on top for 50cent and use my rice cooker. Heaps of veges and really sweet and filling for like 1.60 a meal.

#11 Edited by CommanderGermanShepard (303 posts) -
#12 Edited by Dallas_Raines (2138 posts) -

@sackmanjones said:

I like how everyone replied to Rorie. Anyway, what is this thing? I have not heard of it myself

It's like a souped up AmazonPrime, $299 annually instead of $79, which gets you 'free' morning and evening deliveries of groceries, dvds and games.

#13 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
#14 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2006 posts) -

$299 annually instead of $79, which gets you 'free' morning and evening deliveries of groceries, dvds and games.

Ouch. I was hearing about Amazon doing groceries and stuff, but I had no idea the price tag was like that. Although free morning and evening deliveries would definitely help my Amazon purchasing habits, I doubt I'd really need deliveries to be that expedient and I don't think I would I really take advantage of the grocery deliveries as much.

Who knows, though? I might have more money and be more lazy in the distant future, so maybe I'd be down for it if it were still around then.

#15 Posted by bkbroiler (1607 posts) -

well, i live in LA. seems like they deliver to my area. I guess they don't have unrestricted access to my door, but the UPS guys get in here somehow. I'm confused.

#16 Posted by Hamst3r (4454 posts) -

Amazon Fresh seems pretty neat, but I think I'll stick to having King Soopers deliver my groceries. I got into all this home delivery stuff when I lived in California, ordering stuff from Safeway and found it to be a fantastic thing overall.

#17 Posted by Player1 (3852 posts) -

@sackmanjones said:

I like how everyone replied to Rorie. Anyway, what is this thing? I have not heard of it myself

It's like a souped up AmazonPrime, $299 annually instead of $79, which gets you 'free' morning and evening deliveries of groceries, dvds and games.

So in other words it's a lazy gamers paradise?

#18 Edited by Dallas_Raines (2138 posts) -
#19 Posted by BeachThunder (11704 posts) -

At first, I read that as 'seafood diapers' :|

#20 Edited by SaturdayNightSpecials (2320 posts) -

That sounds like something in the 'feminine needs' aisle.