#1 Edited by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

I think the Coalition might just get the best episodes of this season. Last night's episode was great, but I found the prior one a little disappointing, perhaps because Tucker isn't quite off the leash yet. But we're seeing a more subdued and manipulative side to him, so that might get more interesting as the season goes on... and at least as someone who has become disillusioned with Star Wars in recent years I found his summary of it was awesome:

#2 Posted by Djnuttty (135 posts) -

I love this show, but I literally only started watching it the other day and I am nearly finished season 3 :)

#3 Posted by Ramone (2931 posts) -

I've never watched it before but I watched the last two episodes and they were great. I prefer the Labour stuff though.

#4 Posted by PrimalHorse (71 posts) -

Love this show to pieces, many a quip has been lifted. I don't know if you're interested but there is an American version, by the same writer called VEEP . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUnAbwaDYr0 I don't think it's as good but it still has some great characters and my politically inclined friend enjoyed it as it actually taught me al ot more about American politics than I'd thought. Also there's no point not mentioning it Julia Louis-Dreyfus has got hotter as she's aged.

#5 Posted by gbrading (1925 posts) -

One of my favourite TV shows: Been watching it since the beginning. I like that in this series we're getting both the government and the opposition viewpoint. Apparently this is going to be the last series ever which makes me sad. If people like The Thick of It they should also watch the film In The Loop, which stars most of the actors from the series and sees some returning characters including Malcolm Tucker.

#6 Posted by PrimalHorse (71 posts) -

Yeah I saw in the loop before I saw the show, it feels like a good precursor I think to the whole show. Sad that it's ending but still keep that quality. Also I should of mentioned before. There is VEEP and Parks and Recreation which I'm watching in a similar vein, the latter I think is amazingly funny. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1266020/

#7 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

Was completely off my radar until I started a NCTJ course last year and our public affairs tutor had us watch bits off it... ended up buying the boxset after 15 minutes. Kinda hoping that Jamie McDonald will return for this one though.

Will have to look into Veep, thanks.

#8 Posted by matti00 (663 posts) -

Yeah, I like the new series but I don't think it's anywhere near as good as the first 2 series, seems a lot more restrained. Hoping it picks up because I loved it previously.

Also, fun fact, Chris Addison once called me a twat to my face.

#9 Posted by forkboy (970 posts) -

@EvilNiGHTS said:

Was completely off my radar until I started a NCTJ course last year and our public affairs tutor had us watch bits off it... ended up buying the boxset after 15 minutes. Kinda hoping that Jamie McDonald will return for this one though.

Will have to look into Veep, thanks.

Yes, there's really nobody like Jamie.

Also agree this season's not quite as marvellous as past years, though I really do enjoy Peter Manion as a character.

#10 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

This is the first season that I have watched of it and it's pretty good but some lines seem to fall flat, for me anyway.