Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kitsune_conundrum

So what do you think? I'm still a hardcore windows person though.

simpsons_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By simpsons_28

I don't really think Macs are that reliable.

Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Guardian
@simpsons_28 said:
" I don't really think Macs are that reliable. "
LOL.

I'm reading the press conference as we speak. 
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hairydutchman

I used an Apple computer once.

The mouse had one button...

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By The_A_Drain

I am 100% opposed to macs. They are the epitome of 'trendy' bullshit culture, fucking hippies it's all great if all you do is use photoshop and garageband, but the minute you want to to something remotely technical or non-artistic it's all WHOOPS, I'm a Mac...

Edit: And the price, holy shit, why any right minded person would buy one is beyond me, boo hoo, so your computer gets viruses, get a decent virus scanner.

kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kitsune_conundrum

I do alot of video editing, photography work and digital art. Does adobe really work better on a mac? The asian scripts feature is also pretty attractive to me right now.

tonezB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By tonezB

i hope they announce a new, truly improved iPhone. That might be enough to let myself justify buying one.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By skrutop
@The_A_Drain said:
" I am 100% opposed to macs. They are the epitome of 'trendy' bullshit culture, fucking hippies it's all great if all you do is use photoshop and garageband, but the minute you want to to something remotely technical or non-artistic it's all WHOOPS, I'm a Mac...

Edit: And the price, holy shit, why any right minded person would buy one is beyond me, boo hoo, so your computer gets viruses, get a decent virus scanner. "
Wow, we're going all fanboy for different computers on a gaming website?  My fiancee has a Macbook Pro for work (she's a graphic designer, so they pretty much need Macs), and it's really cool.  I build my own PCs, so I don't see a reason to switch over to a Mac.

As for the WWDC, I'm in the market for a new phone and am thinking about getting an iPhone, so I'd like to see if they make any announcements about it. 
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_A_Drain
@skrutop:

I wouldn't be so against them if they weren't so succesfull, they have no reason to be, they offer nowhere near the functionality of a PC, people only buy them because they think it's cool, like smoking.

And graphic designers 'need' macs? Please, whatever.
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thats why I'm asking.

Alot of price reductions though. I'm looking at the 13 incher macbook pro.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By mike

Hurry up with the Snow Leopard stuff...let's get on to new iPods and iPhones.

kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder if I can just buy a picture of that cat.
BD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By BD
@kitsune_conundrum said:
" Wonder if I can just buy a picture of that cat. "
Yea its a nice picture
BD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BD

Wonder if they will ever release the fabled tablet.

kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

too much focus on the iphone services. Wheres the specs? I need my lasers.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By mike
@BD said:
" Wonder if they will ever release the fabled tablet. "
Rumor was that Apple would mention the tablet at WWDC but it would not be shown...we'll see.

They just announced tethering for iPhone firmware 3.0, this would be great for the rumored 7.0mbps 3G that may accompany it.
skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By skrutop
@The_A_Drain said:
" @skrutop: I wouldn't be so against them if they weren't so succesfull, they have no reason to be, they offer nowhere near the functionality of a PC, people only buy them because they think it's cool, like smoking.And graphic designers 'need' macs? Please, whatever. "
It's legacy behavior.  They all use macs, so they all "need" Macs.
Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By Mushir
@MB said:
" Hurry up with the Snow Leopard stuff...let's get on to new iPods and iPhones. "
They won't talk about iPods today. They save that for September. That's when the new iPods start rolling out.
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Drebin_893

Find Your Phone sounds good.

kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

suicide hotline for your iphone ha.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By damswedon

i used a mac for two years while doing my expressive arts GCSE it was a pain in the ass to do any thing and the lack of a second mouse button crippled it. but garage band was fun.

BD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BD
@MB said:
"
@BD said:
Rumor was that Apple would mention the tablet at WWDC but it would not be shown...we'll see.They just announced tethering for iPhone firmware 3.0, this would be great for the rumored 7.0mbps 3G that may accompany it. "
But not for AT&T
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By EpicSteve

I just wish Apple stuff wasen't so overpriced.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By maxszy
@BD said:
"
@MB said:
"
@BD said:
Rumor was that Apple would mention the tablet at WWDC but it would not be shown...we'll see.They just announced tethering for iPhone firmware 3.0, this would be great for the rumored 7.0mbps 3G that may accompany it. "
But not for AT&T "
Which is just ridiculous. So if you don't have a jailbreaked IPhone (most IPhone users don't I would assume) you are SOL. Makes this feature rather nil in my book.
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fuck, a patient monitor. WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I WAS WITH THE RED CROSS!

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mushir
@damswedon said:
" i used a mac for two years while doing my expressive arts GCSE it was a pain in the ass to do any thing and the lack of a second mouse button crippled it. but garage band was fun. "
Just so you know, you can right click in Mac's aswell. Just enable it in the settings.
damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By damswedon
@Twilight said:
"
@damswedon said:
" i used a mac for two years while doing my expressive arts GCSE it was a pain in the ass to do any thing and the lack of a second mouse button crippled it. but garage band was fun. "
Just so you know, you can right click in Mac's aswell. Just enable it in the settings."
okay im just going to jump in my time machine and tell myself that
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damswedon said:
"
@Twilight said:
"
@damswedon said:
Just so you know, you can right click in Mac's aswell. Just enable it in the settings."
okay im just going to jump in my time machine and tell myself that "
If it makes you feel better, you can play the bionic woman soundbite and say weeeeeeee while you time travel.
MCXCI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MCXCI

I hate how people feel the need to troll any Apple or OS X-related discussion by regaling us (people trying to have a discussion related to the topic) with tales of how they just couldn't understand the ins and outs of a mac within the five minutes that they touched one in a Best Buy. Seriously, if all you're here to do is slam OS X then just go away.

MCXCI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MCXCI

Thank god Rogers is supporting MMS at launch! One of the rare times, Canadian consumers won't get shafted.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By keyhunter

Macs are stupid. They stopped using Floppy disks back when floppy disks were still something people used. So I'd go to school and they'd have some mac lab full of space aged CD only piece of shit macs, and then they'd take 10 minutes to start up, and then I can't put my floppy disk in because fags apparently don't use floppy disks. So to circumvent that I'd upload my homework to the internet, and then the mac would take half an hour to load that shit up, so while I waited I changed all the buttons on the keyboard. And then the stupid mouse only had one button? What the fuck were they thinking? And on top of that they are stupid looking, create way too much heat, and can't do anything other than "Surf the NET" and use "Microsoft Excel" Also putting small I's in front of everything is stupid. iThis iThat. What the hell kind of names are those? And why do they cost so much? Is that to make up for the fact that there's no possibility of selling software on the Mac, because there is no software to sell? And if there's no viruses for mac's, then why do school networks constantly get viruses, or get fucked up, or get haxxed or whatever? I've never gotten a virus on my PC, and I go to plenty of shady sites, and don't have any virus protection whatsoever. Does that mean PC's can't get viruses too? Judging by mac ads I'd say that it's not possible to "look at photo's" or "email photo's to friends" but I do that all the time. In fact, one time I turned the entire movie "the Hobbit" into thousands of .gifs. And then I looked through them all and it was like watching the hobbit without sound. Can mac's even open .gif's? I don't think microsoft Excel is used for looking at image files.
Also PC's have better video cards, so shouldn't rendering video's or graphics or 3D modeling be faster and better on a PC? I'd think so. And anyone who thinks mac's are super cool looking, all you "Technosexuals" out there (you are losers by the way), Mac's can't easily be modified to look however I want. I'd say my current PC's case looks 10 times cooler than any mac. It also makes a good foot rest. So after this thought process, I can't help but think that people who buy macs are assholes.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Twilight said:
"
@damswedon said:

Yeah, I had to use one for second year digital media BTEC, total pain we had to switch from PCs we used in the first year as well which made it even more of a pain. But yeah, I hate the things and even I knew you could right click with them :P I could not get on with the mouse though even with right click.
thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By thebeast

I've always said that Apple have this amazing ability to make you go 'Oooo...' at the prospect of spending more money. Damn them.

I'm still eagerly anticipating iPhone 3.0, despite there being no iPhone-related annoucements at WWDC as of yet. As much as I'd like to see a new model, I'm secretly hoping they won't because I know I won't be able to resist the tempation of buying it.
MCXCI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MCXCI
@keyhunter: Your post has nothing to do with WWDC 2009. Are you bored? TryKongregate.
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_A_Drain said:
"
@Twilight said:
"
@damswedon said:
Yeah, I had to use one for second year digital media BTEC, total pain we had to switch from PCs we used in the first year as well which made it even more of a pain. But yeah, I hate the things and even I knew you could right click with them :P I could not get on with the mouse though even with right click. "
I wonder why. The digital arts faculty near my place is exclusively mac for some reason. I used to go there to destroy unibodies with my carbon fibre lenovo.
Luberik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Luberik

just so you know: any mouse works on mac. The left only click mouse is....sooo long ago.
I've a macbook and my mac almost never crashes and is really easy to use. Y can install things in an instant, and even windows runs better on a mac. (vista for games, for example: mass effect worked like a charm on my macbook) I used to work on a pc-windows, now mac for graphic design and I can't go back. It just frustrates me everytime I use windows.
Everyone works with mac for graphic design so we're forced to work with mac. In every company you want to work, you'll work with a mac, whether you want it or not.

The only negative things I can say are that games on mac are...well, there aren't almost any, so that's the problem. (bootcamp solves that problem...a bit)
And the pricing for mac products is way too high... (not getting an iphone for the pricing here in Belgium, it's even more expensive then the PS3 was when it launched. It's ...idiotic.)

Windows isn't bad at all, but specificly for graphic work, animation, motion design; an apple is better suited.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_A_Drain
@kitsune_conundrum:

One of my old lecturers told me it's because the colleges/uni's get them at a huge discount, i'm guessing it's so Apple can get the 'kids' into them so they buy full priced ones later on.
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Drebin_893

BOOM, new iPhone.

kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Drebin_893 said:
" BOOM, new iPhone. "
meme failure. Should be BAM!
thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#41  Edited By thebeast

Dammit! Must resist...

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By Alexander

3 megapixel camera with no flash. Whoopdeedoo.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Drebin_893
@kitsune_conundrum said:
"
@Drebin_893 said:
" BOOM, new iPhone. "
meme failure. Should be BAM! "
No, because you see BOOM is what the man said when revealing the new iPhone.
rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By rinkalicous

BAM's a meme? Wow. Shows how uneducated I am, had no idea.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mushir
@damswedon said:
"
@Twilight said:
"
@damswedon said:
okay im just going to jump in my time machine and tell myself that "
Make sure you have plenty of plutonium to fill in your DeLoreon.
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its done. no one more thing. sigh

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mushir
@kitsune_conundrum said:
" its done. no one more thing. sigh "
Steve Jobs isn't there. Phil Schiller wouldn't be able to say it the way Steve says it so I guess they just dropped it.
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mordukai
@EpicSteve said:
" I just wish Apple stuff wasen't so overpriced. "
You get what you pay for.
MrPerfect

Forum Posts