• 57 results
#51 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

All I can say is, I'm one of the few people who doesn't have an accent. I speak the good King's English. Which king, you ask? Why, old King George, of course!

#52 Posted by Mike76x (555 posts) -
@stringbacon said:
" I don't know about accents, but grammar are dying. "
My grammar died years ago.
#53 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Not really, no.
#54 Posted by yakov456 (1899 posts) -

Here in Philly some have an accent and no it's not a heavy NY Italian guy kind of accent like they show in movies. It's a terrible sounding mess, folks in northern Delaware have it even worse.

#55 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -
@Rockdalf said:
" As a person from Kentucky, I can guarantee you that accents are still well alive in America.  The bad thing is my Appalachian accent gets worse as the night goes on.  Eventually, people online have trouble understanding me. "
I grew up in Kentucky and I don't really have an accent. I don't have a southern one that's for sure.
#56 Edited by animateria (3252 posts) -

Come over here to California.
There's accents from all across the US.

I also encounter enough Brits and Aussies living around here as well.

Edit: And Canadians too.
#57 Posted by Rockdalf (1274 posts) -
@beej said:
" @Rockdalf said:
" As a person from Kentucky, I can guarantee you that accents are still well alive in America.  The bad thing is my Appalachian accent gets worse as the night goes on.  Eventually, people online have trouble understanding me. "
I grew up in Kentucky and I don't really have an accent. I don't have a southern one that's for sure. "
That's because you're a special snowflake.  Seriously though, which part of Kentucky are you from though?
#58 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -
@Rockdalf said:
" @beej said:
" @Rockdalf said:
I grew up in Kentucky and I don't really have an accent. I don't have a southern one that's for sure. "
That's because you're a special snowflake.  Seriously though, which part of Kentucky are you from though? "
Versailles. But my parents were from ohio (they'd just moved there) so I think that I picked up their slight Ohio accent.  That, or when I moved I had an accent and everyone just lied to make me feel better.