• 55 results
#1 Edited by Devil240Z (3324 posts) -

Earbuds seem dumb enough as they are, so i'm surprised to find that there are earbuds out there in the 100+ dollar range. Wont headphones in that range always sound better? I mean nice around hear headphones cant be beat, yeah? I have spent like $30 tops on earbuds and I cant imagine 100+ dollar ones sounding THAT much better. So they either better be indestructible or blow my fucking mind, cause I have never had a pair of earbuds last more than a year so 100 dollars a year for earbuds is insane.

And at least cheap earbuds don't immediately tell me how much wax is in my ear.

SIDEBAR: what even makes you an audiophile? cause I like when shit sounds good but I don't get the lengths some people seem to go for good audio. I mean for me I feel like the most important part of an audio setup is a big ass subwoofer, preferably in your trunk.

EDIT: No one has anything to say on this topic. I expect more.... cause this earbud thing seems like a fucking racket.

#2 Edited by Cretaceous_Bob (506 posts) -

That sounds like a ripoff, considering earbuds have dogshit audio quality. I've never heard any earbuds that sound better than the $15 lightweight headphones I buy.

You may not be looking at earbuds exactly, but in-ear-canalbuds or canalbuds, which are probably more expensive than earbuds.

Headphone prices are the least indicative of product quality out of any consumer electronics I can think of.

#3 Edited by Devil240Z (3324 posts) -

@cretaceous_bob said:

That sounds like a ripoff, considering earbuds have dogshit audio quality. I've never heard any earbuds that sound better than the $15 lightweight headphones I buy.

You may not be looking at earbuds exactly, but in-ear-canalbuds or canalbuds, which are probably more expensive than earbuds.

Headphone prices are the least indicative of product quality out of any consumer electronics I can think of.

whats the difference? wtf is a canalbud? anything without a plactic bit that goes over the top/back(weird) of my head is an earbud.

I'm taking anything non headphone. as in on or around ear. with you know a ridged body.

#4 Posted by MiniPato (2732 posts) -

No really worth it. I bought some purdy expensive Sennheiser in-ear buds/headphones whatever the hell you call them. I started losing audio in one of the buds after a little over a year. I'll admit that I don't take the time to wrap my wires before stuffing them in my pocket, but I was kinda disappointed when it did lose audio permanently on one side. It seems you're paying more for quality than durability, but honestly, unless you're an audiophile with acute hearing, they're not worth it. I moved onto these cheaper 10$ sony in-ear headphones/buds. If you asked me whether I noticed a difference in sound quality between the two, I would say not. I'll only notice different sound quality if I'm using those shit apple ear buds that come packed with all their products and sit uncomfortably on your ear holes.

So save yourself some money and just get these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XXQI1U/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

10 bucks, free shipping, good quality (by my plebeian ear standards), lasted me over 2 years before I had to replace them.

#5 Edited by Devil240Z (3324 posts) -

@minipato: ok cause i have been rocking whatever comes with my las phone. the set that came with my galaxy nexus seem like the best buds I have had so far. after apple ones. and cheapish sony earbuds.

#6 Posted by BIGJEFFREY (4951 posts) -

Fuck that noise, that whole thing is a scam. Get the bare bones headphones, you'll be fine. Failure rate on headphones is high, fuck my buddy had beat headphones ($99) and he cut them while he was cutting food. Anything can happen so cheap headphones are the way to go. I've been rocking over ear sony $15 headphones for like a year, sounds great and i constantly beat them.

#7 Posted by erbarad (27 posts) -

The super-expensive "earbuds" that you refer to are probably in-ear monitors, things that musicians use when performing on stage. They can be great, but the sound can be very "flat" (because they are meant to represent it at closely to the original as possible). I used to have etymotics er6i, but didn't really like them much. Now when travelling i use http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-400-II-Stereo-Ear-Canal-Headphones/dp/B001EZWO5O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382951627&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+cx+400 and they are really great, compare nicely to the likes of sennheiser px200 or AKG k450 Don't listen to people saying that all earbuds are shit ;)

#8 Edited by NicksCorner (415 posts) -

I always go for the cheap ones.

The lifespan inside my pocket/bag is very short :(

#9 Posted by Devil240Z (3324 posts) -

@erbarad said:

The super-expensive "earbuds" that you refer to are probably in-ear monitors, things that musicians use when performing on stage. They can be great, but the sound can be very "flat" (because they are meant to represent it at closely to the original as possible). I used to have etymotics er6i, but didn't really like them much. Now when travelling i use http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-400-II-Stereo-Ear-Canal-Headphones/dp/B001EZWO5O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382951627&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+cx+400 and they are really great, compare nicely to the likes of sennheiser px200 or AKG k450 Don't listen to people saying that all earbuds are shit ;)

I'm not even saying that... they just seem like an inferior genre to real headphones. I mean spend 100 on earbuds or headphones? which is it?

#10 Posted by Devil240Z (3324 posts) -

I always go for the cheap ones.

The lifespan inside my pocket/bag is very short :(

thats what i'm saying. I used to have to buy a new set every year or less. so I cant imagine spending 100+ bucks on them.

#11 Posted by Flappy (2198 posts) -

$100 earbuds usually aren't worth it. All it takes is a lil' water and those things are totally fucked. From what I understand, it's only worth dishin' out big bucks if you're looking for headphones; other than that, stick to some of the cheaper earbuds.

Don't go too high and don't go too low (cheap earbuds sound terrible).

#12 Posted by Devil240Z (3324 posts) -

@flappy said:

$100 earbuds usually aren't worth it. All it takes is a lil' water and those things are totally fucked. From what I understand, it's only worth dishin' out big bucks if you're looking for headphones; other than that, stick to some of the cheaper earbuds.

Don't go too high and don't go too low (cheap earbuds sound terrible).

even cheap shitty ones vs expensive ones don't have a solid comparison. as in i cant find the value in the expensive vs the cheap ones.

#13 Posted by TruthTellah (8781 posts) -

Simple answer: No.

Complex answer: Nope.

#14 Posted by tsutohiro (364 posts) -

Are earbuds worth it?

No.

Fuck that noise, that whole thing is a scam. Get the bare bones headphones, you'll be fine. Failure rate on headphones is high, fuck my buddy had beat headphones ($99) and he cut them while he was cutting food. Anything can happen so cheap headphones are the way to go. I've been rocking over ear sony $15 headphones for like a year, sounds great and i constantly beat them.

Mmm... headphone salad.

#15 Posted by ftrevelin (72 posts) -

I have these 50$ japanese earbuds (Audio Technica), the sound quality is way better and also fits way more comfortably than any other earbud I ever had, so, yes, these ones were worth it.

I should also say that sound products in this $100 price range tend to be priced more on brand or design than actual quality, so, no, an expensive earbud may not be worth it :P

And the comparison between over the ear headphones and earbuds to me is stupid, apples and oranges, headphones should have better audio quality especially in bass tones, but I couldn't use them in the same situations I use my earbuds.

#16 Posted by Nodima (1164 posts) -

@devil240z: Yes. These are amazing.

Klipsch Image x10s

And always on sale. I've made sure to have a pair ever since I asked for them for Christmas one year in high school. They're ALWAYS on sale too for some strange reason. My parents bought them for me for $100 back then, and when I went to get a replacement pair last fall they were a measly $60.

For those of you who don't click the link, MSRP on these has never wavered from $350. Amazon doing some kind of voodoo over there.

I would recommend them to anyone looking for headphones to wear on a long public transport commute, and I've loaned them to friends for jogs and runs who say they're extremely jealous they can't have these with them all the time.

Honestly about as life changing as the first time you put on a pair of Sennheiser HD 500 series. The 598s with the classics 70s look are just beautiful.

That said, for the budget -minded person, or someone who doesn't listen to music that much, the Apple earbuds are far from the pieces of shit they started out as and great for podcasts because of the volume strip, while the $60 and $80 Grados give you more than enough sound to get through the day.

#17 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

@nodima: I bought those Klipsch's a while back and I think they sound like garbage. Decent for earbuds, but no where close to real headphones. Maybe worth $50-60, but not worth $100. And NOOOOT worth $350.

I also have Sennheiser Momentums which I actually did spent $350 on. Those weren't worth it either.

Fuck headphones.

#18 Edited by Nodima (1164 posts) -

Hmm, sorry buddy. As someone who mostly listens to hip-hop and electronic music, they are a godsend. The bass is thunderous and they're so comfortable. After sitting in my ears for about five minutes I start to forget they're in there, and on long bus rides I forget that the people around me can't hear what I'm hearing at all. Prime it up with a quick bowl before the trip and almost everything feels like I'm hearing it for the first time. I've been REALLY into DeBarge's "I Like It" right now.

#19 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

@nodima: I got these too and they're fucking great.

The last thing you want to do is shell out 300 bucks for some Beats. Which is made by the same company that made Monster HDMI cables aka biggest rip-off in tech history.

#20 Posted by diz (918 posts) -

SIDEBAR: what even makes you an audiophile? cause I like when shit sounds good but I don't get the lengths some people seem to go for good audio. I mean for me I feel like the most important part of an audio setup is a big ass subwoofer, preferably in your trunk.

I think I'm an audiophile and I think it is because I recognise and appreciate good quality, high fidelity sound and I try and understand the compromises used to reproduce sound in a listening environment. Having said that, I think the quality of domestic (and even professional) audio has declined in recent years. This has to do with the adoption of mp3 as a dominant format.

As an example, you don't need a subwoofer if your speakers can handle bass, so a good 2.0 system will always be superior to a good 2.1 system. Also cars are the worst places to experience good quality sound due to the limitations of the listening position, speaker positioning, the car interior being acoustically compromised (glass windows and flapping materials) and the limitations of low voltage power supplies in a car.

#21 Posted by CynicalBuzzard (240 posts) -

For me I prefer to spend no more than 30 dollars on a pair of earphones. I do not see the point in spending more when there is no difference to me.

#22 Posted by Sinusoidal (1417 posts) -

I bought some Philips SHE9850s about two years ago. They're completely indestructible. Short of cutting the cord when you're cutting food like some idiot mentioned earlier did. They're far and away better than any $10-20 pair of earbuds/in-ear monitors I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot.

The best bang for your buck; however, are Koss KSC75. Not the best build quality, but they're $10 and easily sound as good as if not better than a $200 set of headphones. I broke a pair a while back, whatever! Buy another!

Beats are a load of shithype. They sound OK, but not $300 OK. You're paying for a name.

#23 Posted by Brendan (7763 posts) -

I can definitely tell the difference between my Klipsch Image S4's and cheap Apple earbuds, and I don't like the feeling of big cans on my head. Works for me.

#24 Posted by ch3burashka (5040 posts) -

I prefer earbuds for the convenience. Also, wearing big-ass cans in public is goddamn lame.

My strategy has been to buy 20 dollar skullcandies every two months until they break (I listen a bunch, so they develop shorts quickly). Recently, however, I snagged a "free" pair of Klipsch earbuds (25 bucks with 25 bucks rebate) from Newegg; they been going strong for about 6 months now, no signs of quitting any time soon. Best non-purchase I've made so far.

#25 Posted by tread311 (356 posts) -

I wear HiFiMan RE-262's at work. Comfortable and they sound great. I don't really understand people who can't tell the difference between shitty stock earbuds and a quality pair. It's drastic. Stock earbuds are like taking the shitty speaker on your phone and shoving it into your ear. Of course you would be better off spending your money on full size headphones but different people have different needs.

#26 Edited by Yesiamaduck (1009 posts) -

WARNING

Once you stumble into expensive headphone territory you will never leave, you'll realize how artificial standard headphones sound.

#27 Posted by MentalDisruption (1622 posts) -

Not really. I like earbuds for their convenience and have bought expensive pairs before. Didn't really make much of a difference. They sounded nicer i guess, but not enough to make me really care. Plus, they still lost sound in one side after around a year or so like all of my other pairs. Right now I'm using the pair that came with my galaxy nexus and surprisingly enough I'm actually happy with those.

#28 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

I wear earbuds when at work or when exercising. They break. Frequently. I usually do the $20 Sony ones with the soft rubber ends. They sound fine. I've never tried a top tier earbud but I can't imagine they would be an extra 80 bucks worth of awesome.

For at home, I tend to stick around mid range over the ear. My Sennheiser HD 280's cost just over $100 and are the best headphones I have ever tried.

#29 Edited by chiablo (924 posts) -

As much as people love to rag on Bose, I love my IE2's. I don't care about sound quality, since these are usually going to be used when on a motorcycle, at the gym, or while doing chores around the house.

The little rubber nub that holds them in my ears is worth the price of admission. They have also lasted three years without problems. Before then, I had gone through at least 5 pairs of Skullcandy headphones because they fall apart so easily.

MIE2i mobile headset

#30 Edited by buemba (90 posts) -

I used to buy cheap earbuds that broke all the time too, but when I went to Japan I saw a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-CKM77 on sale for about $80.00 and decided to splurge. Yes the difference in sound quality is significant and they're much more comfortable and durable to boot since I've been using them for 2 and a half years and they show no sign of crapping out any time soon. They don't sound better than similarly priced over the ear headphones, but I'd never be able to go jogging wearing those.

If you're only listening to streaming audio over a 3G connection or MP3s with low bitrates you won't notice much difference, but if the audio source is great the difference between a good pair of earbuds and a bad one will be pretty obvious.

#31 Edited by MonetaryDread (2015 posts) -

It all depends on how you use headphones. In-ear headphones "Canalphones" block exterior sounds better than any other headphone, because of this you can listen to your music without cranking up the decibals (ie. listening to your music at 5% volume while on a bus). Sure the drivers are smaller, but they also have to push less air to achieve the same sound pressure. The major downside to IEM's is that you have to spend more money than headphones to achieve the same sound quality and some people do not enjoy the feeling of buds in their ears.

Now the real question is whether actual headphones will sound better than similar priced IEM's. Yeah, they will, but they are a lot more cumbersome to carry around, a lot of them do not work properly using an MP3 player so they require external amplification, you cannot use them when you are being active (ie. running), and they destroy your hair if you do it up in the morning.

So the use cases differ between the two, but ultimately, neither are better than the other. The big issue facing all headphones is that there are so many different styles and niches that headphones can fall under. Does the user want IEM's vs Headphones. Do you want your headphones to be circumaural? What kind of tone do you prefer, neutral, bass-heavy, playful, with a curved EQ? Open-backed vs. Closed back? Do you prefer your IEM's to focus on comfort or isolation? Then you have to take into consideration that everybody is seemingly interested in making headphones these days, so you have to sift through the shit to find quality. For example, anything from Beats or Skulcandy is garbage... flat out, those companies charge twice as much as their competitors for half the product because it looks fashionable (the Apple model). Anyone who has purchased those products will have probably felt ripped off. Another example is the Sennheiser Momentums mentioned earlier. Those headphones are designed for a certain style of music. If you try to listen to rock, or any other guitar driven music they sound awful because of the headphones warm tone. If you listen to them while playing Jazz, or classical music, they sound better than most other headphones.

That said, the price of headphones does not scale well, especially when you consider the fact that sound is subjective. A fifty dollar pair of headphones will sound twice as decent as a $15 pair, the right $100 pair will sound twice as decent as the $50 (again, if you find the right pair for you). After that, it is more difficult for companies to produce better sound without spending on more expensive materials and more difficult production methods. This means that companies charge more for minimal improvement in SQ. You will notice a massive difference between $100 pair of headphones and a $500 pair, but you have to weigh the importance of those headphones for you.

As for all the people here talking about breaking their headphones? What do you do with them to destroy them so fast? It takes maybe 5 seconds to put away your headphones in a way that prevents them from being tangled or caught on anything. I have had the same pair of earbuds for five years now and they work better than the day I first purchased them. Plus, a feature of more expensive headphones are removable cables. Every broken headphone I have owned broke in the same spot (the plug that goes into my phone / mp3 player). If you break that cable on your headphones you can just replace it for $15 (more if you buy IEM's like Shure, or the cable that works with iPhones).

Edit: Also, nice headphones pick apart MP3's. The SQ between a 192kb/s MP3 and a FLAC file ore DVD audio is astounding. Weirdly enough, I pay more attention to the "Mastered for iTunes," logo when purchasing music nowadays. I can tell a difference between those downloads and a CD.

#32 Posted by smitty86 (698 posts) -

@brendan said:

I can definitely tell the difference between my Klipsch Image S4's and cheap Apple earbuds, and I don't like the feeling of big cans on my head. Works for me.

Exactly this. I got my first pair 5 yrs or so ago, I've never looked back.

#33 Posted by Gaff (1711 posts) -

@monetarydread: Nice way to end the discussion there, buddy. Pretty much the definitive answer.

And as for breaking headphones:

Who in the world uses the full 1.5 meters of cable?! The distance between my ears and my junk front pockets is not that huge, the extra length just makes it more likely to snag on something, breaking the cable, etc.

And what brand / model earbuds are you using? I'm curious.

#34 Posted by Wuddel (2090 posts) -

I dunno. Is anyone actually enjoying listening to music on earbuds? I apparently have weirdly shaped ears because earbuds never stay in my ears. I have switched to huge over ear headphones, and there spending an extra buck certainly helps. But you actually have to consult hi-fi reviews. Also having a headphone with detachable cable on both sides is great. How often have you destroyed headphones by yanking out the cable? I am using neckband earplugs for sports.

#35 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@cretaceous_bob said:

Can't have tried many then. I have a modestly priced pair of Klipsch that can even give HD595s a run for their money.

Good headphones are always worth it. I've had HD595s for nearly 6 years, my portable pair are Image S4s (in-ears) or AKG-k451s (on-ears). You don't even have to break the bank.

And headphones aren't that delicate, I've only had a few pairs break and guess what? They were always the garbage $10-15 ones. If you rely on the crutch argument that "oh they are cheap so you can just replace them" then how do you feel when you've replaced them 3 or 4 times? It's a poor argument.

#36 Edited by chrissedoff (2082 posts) -

Really cheap earbuds are bullshit and you shouldn't buy them because they sound like crap and will break easily. Really expensive ones aren't worth the money because of the high likelihood that being out and about with them is going to crap them up and leave you with $150 busted earbuds. I would look at mid-range ones, $50-70. This policy has served me well for the past 5+ years. Accept that they will probably last for 3 years maximum if you use them regularly though, no matter how good they are.

#37 Edited by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@chiablo said:

As much as people love to rag on Bose, I love my IE2's. I don't care about sound quality, since these are usually going to be used when on a motorcycle, at the gym, or while doing chores around the house.

The little rubber nub that holds them in my ears is worth the price of admission. They have also lasted three years without problems. Before then, I had gone through at least 5 pairs of Skullcandy headphones because they fall apart so easily.

Yes, these things are amazing.

#38 Edited by Vman (19 posts) -

What @monetarydread says is pretty much spot on. I recently fell down the hifi audio hole and have gotten stuck pretty bad. It started when i upgraded my HD 555 to Beyerdynamic DT990's. After that i upgraded my HD 25-2 to the Amperiors. Then i went insane and bought a pair of Denon D7000's. The D7k's are just so much better then anything i have ever heard that i feel that it justifies its price for me. As for earbuds, ive had the apple ones and they suck, ive had the sony ones and they suck. Then i got some Shure SE 420's and i loved those. Too bad i dropped the right bud in a glass of coke in a moment of unawareness. That pretty much ended my in ear adventure.

#39 Posted by tread311 (356 posts) -

@vman: It's funny how easy it is to fall down that rabbit hole. I find myself changing headphones every 6 months or so. I have the Amperiors right now and really like those for more active use like walking the dog. I currently use A900X's at my desk, pretty good soundstage for gaming but still closed back so I'm not driving the girlfriend nuts. I don't think I could ever swing the cost of something like the D7000's though.

#40 Posted by Imst (61 posts) -

What Headphone is the best among these stuffs??

#41 Posted by sixnahalf (50 posts) -

It depends on the situation if no one wants to hear you sounds you need to use earbuds or headphones for your own convenience. You will find some earbuds and headphones the same specs with the Beats for gaming, movies and music just try to search more detail because some cheaper ones is almost the same as the expensive ones :D

#42 Edited by SaturdayNightSpecials (2373 posts) -

It's certainly worth it to buy a good brand, anyway. I used to buy JLab ones (on a regular basis because they break all the time) but I would never go back to them after using Klipsch.

I have to say, though, the Reference S4s I have that cost $50 (regular, I got them on sale) don't sound noticeably better than the $30 Image S3s I used to have. So I guess I've hit my sensitivity ceiling, at least for the quality of files I'm listening to.

#43 Posted by Hemmelight (163 posts) -

I'm on my second pair of Sennheiser buds that cost me ~$100 ish and they lasted like 3 years. Worth it for me, they sound a hell of a lot better than Apple buds.

#44 Edited by ripelivejam (3800 posts) -

wow lot of ignorance a/o some bad suggestions in this thread. there are definitely headphones worth paying $100-$200 for, although if you know where to look you can find some good stuff in the sub $50 range. koss porta pros and ksc-75s are often recommended as a budged headphone with a more audiophile-friendly sound (caveat: i DO say this without having experienced them, but the overwhelmingly positive reaction to them kind of speaks for itself) . just got the aforementioned HD-598s (for $70 :o ) and they are definitely quite heavenly; just wish there was a way to take that sound whereever i go. i know it's hard to understand for some, but you really don't know until you actually LISTEN. sound "opens up" for lack of a better term, details become surgically clear that once were not even there. you get actual SPACE and DIRECTION of instruments. the feeling of the timbre of instruments and just following the multiple threads of their sounds through a song is a joy to behold. i really can't go back, personally (though i will acknowledge there are some great buys to be had on the cheap. price doesn't always dictate quality, of course). my current portables are the V-MODA M-100s, which to be honest i probably would have never gotten at the retail price but through my work managed to snag a pair for under $100 :o they're damn good at that price, but very bass heavy and the treble has a sort of crispness to it. i'd say if you're more a fan of rock and vocals it's not the way to go, though it does manage them competently enough.

if by earbuds you mean in-ear monitors (goes into the ear a small amount) i hear good things about the cheaper ones by the brand V-SONIC, like the gr-02s personally if i were to pick up an in-ear again i'd go with the rock-it sounds r-50 (uses armature drivers so basically the clearest sound you can get), or the v-sonic gr-07 (not the best in clarity, but holy hell it sounds wonderful across the board. unfortunately had to give it up due to financial woes.). i know it sounds like a bunch of snake oil but you really need to at least try some of these better headphones. you'll regret ever having wasted time with tinny or overly muddy sub $10 buds. :)

edit: also some of you really need to take care of your shit. >_<

#45 Edited by Ben_H (3341 posts) -

@yesiamaduck said:

WARNING

Once you stumble into expensive headphone territory you will never leave, you'll realize how artificial standard headphones sound.

I'm half way down this hole. It is starting to get ugly. My amp is worth more than a lot of people's headphones and I don't even have a fancy one, just a basic workhorse amp. I'm not even going to start on my headphones...

Ohms. Ohms everywhere.

Also, hundreds of gigs of FLAC files, because good headphones make bad quality audio sound like complete garbage.

#46 Posted by MikeFerrari7 (187 posts) -

I bought a pair of the Beats by Dre. sports headphones, the ones that have that bar that wraps around your ear. They would make my ear hurt after about 20 minutes. I switched to the iBeats or whatever, the $99 buds. They sound really great compared to my $20 earbuds without question.

#47 Posted by Blommer4 (195 posts) -

I'm going to leave this in here, even though it's porbably a really uncommon and dumb mistake.

I bought some expensive earbuds and I was really happy with them, the sound was great. The joy didn't last though, because when I was past that initial burst of joy after getting something new, I couldn't bring myself to use them. It was incredibly hard for me to get them into my ear right, and when they didn't sit in the right spot are whatever the sound was just like a "normal/cheaper earbud". I still have them to this date, but my GF is the one really using them since I still hate them for being incredibly uncomfortable in my ear, and hard to get it to sit right.

Moral of the story? I dunno... Be carefull or something I guess, I never bothered to think about it, that's you job!

#48 Edited by nutta27 (197 posts) -

I use the bus to get to work and back and well people who wear over ear headphones look like pricks...there I said it all of you that go out in public with your bright red beats on look like utter twats....why show off. Fuck you.

Anyway rant over, I used to buy a new pair of ear bud's it seemed on a monthly basis. Just cheap ass £20 pairs. Recently I decided fuck it lets pick up a pair of in ear beats and see if they last any longer. Dropped down £90. The cable looks better (that seems to be the thing that breaks) and they do sound better. They have some pretty decent base for earbuds.

So yeah at the moment I am very happy with my purchase.

#49 Posted by tread311 (356 posts) -

@blommer4: Comfort is important. I sold a pair of expensive earbuds (Triple.fi 10) because they were huge and uncomfortable in my ears. Gotta find what works for you.

#50 Posted by TheMasterDS (2049 posts) -

I really like my C5s. I can't go back to dumpster earbuds now. Plus dealing with replacing those every few months was a hassle and a headache. Plus they leaked sound because they were shoddy. No, it's better off having better equipment. I listen to a lot of podcasts. It's a good value given that.