• 51 results
#1 Posted by Landon (4138 posts) -
#2 Posted by Landon (4138 posts) -

Sitting here eating some tortilla chips and salsa. But now that the sauce is gone, I don't feel the urge to keep snacking. I reach in for a plain chip, but it's not the same taste. So my question is: Are tortilla chips by themselves a good snack food?

#3 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1289 posts) -

They are fine plain.

#4 Posted by ESREVER (2682 posts) -

Chips and Salsa is the shit. That said, I do continue to munch on a couple of them after I have depleted my salsa bowl. 
Then I put the bag away, because its not the same without the salsa.

#5 Posted by guiseppe (2840 posts) -

Just fine plain, and they are cheaper than ordinary chips too, at least here. So I often buy a bag of those instead if I'm in the mood for unhealthiness.

#6 Posted by natetodamax (19192 posts) -
@ESREVER said:
" Chips and Salsa is the shit. That said, I do continue to munch on a couple of them after I have depleted my salsa bowl. Then I put the bag away, because its not the same without the salsa. "
This. I don't enjoy them without salsa.
#7 Posted by JonathanMoore (1858 posts) -

Hellz no. Need some Salsa on that stuff.

#8 Posted by lazyturtle (1228 posts) -

Maybe if they're really salty chips...but overall I prefer to have salsa or guacamole for them.

#9 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1041 posts) -

I like them without salsa mostly because I really like salty snack foods. As such, regular tortilla chips are just fine for me!

#10 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Salsa is very important.

#11 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10912 posts) -

I like them plain. They're salty. 

#12 Posted by chmod (292 posts) -

It's the only way I eat them.

#13 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

Chilli Dorito's by themselves are fantastic, but even more so with Salsa.

#14 Posted by jelekeloy (456 posts) -

plain tortilla chips>>>regular potato chips

#15 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" I like them plain. They're salty.  "
Word son.
#16 Edited by DarkWaterSong (93 posts) -
I love freshly made ones...and my mom knows how to make ones out of Flour Tortillas.  Now those are the bomb, especially with cinnamon and sugar or just plain.

Next there are the store bought brands, and for the most part I refuse to eat them plain or at all.  Now if you hook me up with something like Mission chips, they are great plain or with stuff. 
#17 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@JonathanMoore said:
" Hellz no. Need some Salsa on that stuff. "
#18 Posted by Landon (4138 posts) -
@Axxol said:
" @JonathanMoore said:
" Hellz no. Need some Salsa on that stuff. "
"
Weirdly enough, this is pretty close to my original No choice.
#19 Posted by LordMalvern (15 posts) -

I'll only eat them plain if they're fresh. Like if I made them myself.

#20 Posted by PaulM (144 posts) -

not a huge fan of eating them without salsa it kind of feels like a waste but i do like the multi-grain ones alone

#21 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

Plain tortilla chips? Sounds like a poor man's snack. Definitely need that salsa.

#22 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Only if it's tostitos, otherwise I wouldn't recommend it.

#23 Posted by FesteringNeon (2164 posts) -

Lucky for me, I stock up on salsa's..as it's one of my favorite ingredients to cook with!
#24 Posted by Vonocourt (2126 posts) -

I don't like salsa, so I eat them plain all the time.

#25 Posted by MattyFTM (14368 posts) -

They are fine plain, but they are made infinitely better by adding a dip of some description.

#26 Posted by slowbird (1687 posts) -

depends entirely on the brand.  some don't have enough flavor plain...some do. also RANCH IS THE BEST OF DIPS.

#27 Posted by FlyingRat (1446 posts) -

Like the guy above me said, depends on the brand. I'll have some plain Doritos any day of the week.

#28 Posted by seitanic (99 posts) -

Good ones are.  

Shitty Tostidos or whatever are just vehicles for dips/salsa.  An even then they're not very good.

#29 Posted by yakov456 (1905 posts) -

I'll eat the Tostitos chips with the dusting of lime on them all the time by themselves. They are actually better without.

#30 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

They can pass when you get a craving for something salty and don't have any real chips to get, though I'm sure there high level of salt is bad for you.

#31 Posted by CharleyTony (924 posts) -

It is doable but not very exciting...

#32 Posted by zepp (230 posts) -

I love plain tortilla chips. But, chips and salsa is always the ideal situation.

#33 Posted by Romination (2777 posts) -

Love them, but plain flour tortillas are the best snack.

#34 Posted by DuncanIdabro (7 posts) -

This might be controversial hearsay but whats the opinion on mango habenaro salsa? My money says its thing to happen to dip since bell peppers.

#35 Posted by YoctoYotta (541 posts) -

They're great with guacamole or salsa or some sort of cheese sauce, but I can eat a whole bag of them plain, no problem. I love me some chips.

#36 Posted by DystopiaX (5300 posts) -

my friend makes homemade plain tortilla chips that are the fucking shit.

#37 Posted by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

NO WAY, they need something on them!

#38 Posted by seitanic (99 posts) -
@duncanidabro said:
" This might be controversial hearsay but whats the opinion on mango habenaro salsa? "
Crazy delicious.
#39 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -
@duncanidabro said:
" This might be controversial hearsay but whats the opinion on mango habenaro salsa? My money says its thing to happen to dip since bell peppers. "
Yeah, same dude. I normally don't like salsa, but Mango Habenaro is wicked awesome. Pop that on some nachos or in a taco & I'm all set.
#40 Posted by Quadrifoglio (816 posts) -

Fuck no. You need salsa for those chips to be tasty. Either that, or guacamole...

#41 Posted by JJOR64 (18954 posts) -

Fuck yeah.  I was eating some last night.  Shit is godlike.

#42 Posted by RetroIce4 (4392 posts) -

Salsa or some kind of dip. You never eat them plain. If you do you go full-retard. You never go full-retard!

#43 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

I don't do well with spicy things, and making nachos right can be a pain, and I have a tendency to not stop eating things with simple tastes like that. I dunno why, I just keep a continuous stream of that shit going into my mouth like it was on a conveyor belt. 

A little side note, I'm a petite motherfucker, not fat like this makes me sound =( 

#44 Posted by demonknightinuyasha (464 posts) -

They are good plain as long as they have a good salt level. 

#45 Posted by RichardLOlson (1852 posts) -

No I gotta have con caso cheese.

#46 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1261 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" I like them plain. They're salty.  "
Hells yeah!
#47 Posted by Depressing_Wizard (186 posts) -

They're fine plain, but I'd rather conserve the tortilla chips for my next round of nachos. 

#48 Posted by catpowerd (150 posts) -

I thought I was the only one who liked plain Tortilla!

#49 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2483 posts) -

If they aren't too salty I will totally eat some plain ass tortilla chips. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

#50 Posted by fearthephins (148 posts) -

I like them plain but they are better with salsa and/or cheese.

I am however, completely content with eating them plain :)