PHARAOH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By PHARAOH

@Hailinel:

They didnt try to pass laws governing others sex habits. This is a everyday thing with the republicans. Every other day some crackpot republicans are passing some stupid anti gay or sex law. Its not a once in a while occurrence it happens all the time there is a obvious pattern of behavior from republicans. They all need to go get laid so they dont have to worry about what goes on in consenting adults bedrooms. The republican party the molester priests of american politics; Holier than thou and just plain horny.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#202  Edited By musubi

It's anyone who is in the political scene. Everyone is always more interested in telling you why the other guy is wrong and not what they are going to do right. I swear to god if someone actually ran a honest campaign AT ALL people might actually take notice regardless of party lines.

PulledaBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By PulledaBrad

@Xeiphyer said:

Speaking in broad generalizations, Republicans are a lot more focused on older ways of thinking, so you will find them bringing religion into arguments and being generally very xenophobic/mildly racist. Keeping in mind that most users of videogame websites such as this are of the younger generation, we tend to be a lot more Liberal in our thinking, and while we may not agree or associate with Democrats, we generally have a strong dislike of Republicans. Especially considering they're always trying to get videogames banned and outlawed and impose crazy rules and regulations. I wouldn't say that Republicans are much worse than Democrats or any major political party really, but as someone who is much more frequently against their political pursuits and ideals, I do find myself liking them a lot less than other parties. Full disclosure: I'm a Liberal-moderate, fiscally conservative.

You mean Rebublicans like Tipper Gore who unleashed the "Parental Advisory" label? Those kind of crazy rules and regulations? Wait...shes not a republican.

PulledaBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By PulledaBrad

Also .... this.....

arcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By arcn

While there are corrupt and hypocritical politicians on both political parties, the honest truth is that the Republicans are by far the greater of two evils and a major reason for this has to do with their obsessive need to force their religious beliefs on others through laws. The fact is that a person voting for a Republican is far more likely to elect someone who thinks it's alright to decide who you can or can't marry according to their own personal beliefs, someone who considers gays and lesbians to be less than human, someone who wants to teach students that human's were put here 6000 years ago by Christian magic and pass that off as real science, and think they can decide when a human life really starts, even though scientists have already figured that one out, so they can pass laws  that deny women any kind of  choices, even if it endangers their lives.

Oh and did I mention that some of them, even some of the ones running for President are also trying to claim that the United States was meant to be a Christian run nation? yes the founding fathers really wanted to make it official but they decided to hide it away in secret texts like some moronic version of that National Treasure movie, it's their way of saying, hey we can't pass all these horrible laws with the Constitution and this whole separation of church and state thing in the way so lets just keep trying to rewrite history till they let us do whatever we want.

I gotta say I'm also really disappointed that people are still falling for Ron Paul's bullshit, yes Ron Paul, he's the only sane Republican left, he's a real American hero goddammit!, he want's to save you from the big scary government, err well except when it comes to gay marriage, abortion even in cases of rape, and creationism, he's perfectly alright with the government banning the first two and permitting the third.

PulledaBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By PulledaBrad

@arcn: Man you are good at painting things with a BROAD brush of generalizations that arent true.

Except Ron Paul. Hes a psychopath.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#207  Edited By Strife777

I don't know much about the USA's politics, but Republicans seem very conservative and somewhat prudish towards many things like sexuality. I'm a not a fan of those sort of opinions.

But again, my knowledge about the topic is limited and maybe tainted by ridiculous youtube videos of the Fox channel.

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#208  Edited By baconbits33

@Mahonay said:

Jesus h christ.

So about them Cowboys huh?

They suck, go Patriots.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#209  Edited By Levio

No matter who gets elected, Oprah will still run the country.

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#210  Edited By one_2nd

I just read through the first page of comments and I've gotta say, I'm very impressed, GB. Any other forum and this topic would've been chaos.

NobodyHIFI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By NobodyHIFI

I'm Rick Perry, and I approve trololololoo

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#212  Edited By Cube

Conservatives are not all bad. Liberals are not all good. Everyone is both.

MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

User Lists: 6

#213  Edited By MikeinSC

@PHARAOH said:

@MikeinSC:

The difference is Republicans like to beat up on people that cant fight back like the poor, minorities, and gay people. Its like if i went down the street and kicked a bum just to get a laugh republicans are sick assholes. Republican are the kid that only picks fights with people that are smaller than him because they know anyone bigger would kick their ass.

Leaving the poor to a system that is about to go belly-up doesn't seem to be terribly kind. Basically killing off the black family off the last 50 years is hardly nice or kind. And it tends to be Progressives who use "gay" as a slur against people they oppose.

Democrats dont try to legislate morality like republicans so they get a pass.

Provided you don't want to smoke. Or don't think "science" to pursue a policy of control over lives should be more political in nature than anything else. Or hold an opinion Democrats don't like --- then, whoa, all bets are off. They will go after you HARD.

MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By MikeinSC

@PHARAOH said:

@Hailinel:

They didnt try to pass laws governing others sex habits. This is a everyday thing with the republicans. Every other day some crackpot republicans are passing some stupid anti gay or sex law. Its not a once in a while occurrence it happens all the time there is a obvious pattern of behavior from republicans. They all need to go get laid so they dont have to worry about what goes on in consenting adults bedrooms. The republican party the molester priests of american politics; Holier than thou and just plain horny.

Can you name the laws Republicans tried to pass to govern sex habits in the past week. I mean, it happens every day after all --- surely you can name once it happened in the last 7 days. When was the last "anti-sex" law passed? Or proposed?

Democrats believe you are incapable of living your own life --- but, given their voting base, that is likely the case.

and think they can decide when a human life really starts, even though scientists have already figured that one out

When did scientists decide when life really starts? That study is mysteriously silent if it so exists.

Oh and did I mention that some of them, even some of the ones running for President are also trying to claim that the United States was meant to be a Christian run nation?

Such as whom?

yes the founding fathers really wanted to make it official but they decided to hide it away in secret texts like some moronic version of that National Treasure movie, it's their way of saying, hey we can't pass all these horrible laws with the Constitution and this whole separation of church and state thing in the way so lets just keep trying to rewrite history till they let us do whatever we want.

You mean like how the Founding Fathers REALLY meant to have gays married, but kept it hidden for over 200 years? Or how the Founding Fathers meant the government REALLY had unlimited power to regulate your life even though that ALSO was hidden for hundreds of years. It's amazing that they listed out actual limits to government limits when they had that whole Commerce Clause in there that gave the Federal government, apparently, total power to do whatever it wanted.

The Founding Fathers weren't key on putting irrelevant stuff in the Constitution, so them including anything limiting government power seems really odd with the Commerce Clause and all ALSO being there.

And the way they had churches in Federal buildings EVEN though they REALLY meant the government should have nothing to do with religion whatsoever. But, hey, what do the writers of the Constitution know?

arcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By arcn
@MikeinSC said:

When did scientists decide when life really starts? That study is mysteriously silent if it so exists.

I think they cracked that one when they discovered the embryo and the fetus and that there is a vast difference between a fetus and a fully developed human baby, like the fact that a fetus doesn't experience pain until the second and possibly the third trimester, the laws these politicians try to pass to pander to their voters need to be put to the test of true scientific knowledge, otherwise you end up with laws like the one the politician from Georgia wanted to pass which would have made it illegal to have a miscarriage, a proposal that I'm sure depresses anyone with a real medical degree or even anyone who actually paid attention in a 8th grade biology class.

Such as whom?

How about Mike Huckabee, Rick Perry and Michele Bachmann for starters, all of them notable politicians who were or are still running for President, all proud supporters of David Barton, a man who has made a killing by perpetuating the idea that this country was meant to be run by Christian laws. Huckabee practically gushes when he talks about Barton and Rick Perry liked him so much that he put him on the state board of education even though he happens to be a false historian with no real education or training on the matter and has been denounced time and time again by real experts and I quote “schlock history written by religious propagandists like David Barton, the author of the bizarre pastiche The Myth of Separation, who use selective quotations out of context to suggest that the framers were inspired believers who thought they were founding a Christian nation.” .    

To be honest I have no idea what happened in that last paragraph of yours, it seems to have devolved into a rambling mess so I'm gonna stick to your churches in federal buildings statement and expand on that since its the only thing that relates to my comment about separation of church and state. Call me crazy but I think that there's a major difference between a church in a federal building and Thomas Jefferson waking up one day and saying "hey guys I got a good idea, how about we make Christianity the supreme religion in the land, that all believers and non believers should follow its tenets and be punished according to its laws", I think that a major move like that would have probably make it into the Constitution if that's what they really wanted. 

Sorry but this Christian nation nonsense is just cheap trick meant to accomplish the same goal, it's the same thing these revisionists try to pull when they latch themselves onto politicians that talk about seceding from the mean ol' government and letting the states rule themselves, which sounds fine and dandy until you realize that a state not obligated to listen to the federal government also isn't obligated to follow the rules and boundaries set by the Constitution. Boundaries like teaching intelligent design (religion) in schools, passing even more laws restricting gay and lesbian rights and whatever else they might want to do, claiming that Christianity was meant to be the country's dominant religion is just another way for them to try and nullify the First Amendment.

By the way  even though gay marriage was barely a concept back then, if you consider gay marriage bans to be two people trying to create a union together only to be interfered with by the religious belief of a majority through the use of state and federal laws, something that completely violates the First Amendment, I'm gonna have to say that yes, whether they would like it or not, when the founding fathers said "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion" they absolutely made it to be possible for gays to get married.
Avatar image for bigchickendinner
BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcn: Dude, really? This again?

Your just going to be sucked into some non-related circular argument. Or they will outright deny the facts, no matter how well presented.

PHARAOH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By PHARAOH

@MikeinSC said:

@PHARAOH said:

@Hailinel:

Can you name the laws Republicans tried to pass to govern sex habits in the past week. I mean, it happens every day after all --- surely you can name once it happened in the last 7 days. When was the last "anti-sex" law passed? Or proposed?

Democrats believe you are incapable of living your own life --- but, given their voting base, that is likely the case.

and think they can decide when a human life really starts, even though scientists have already figured that one out

Oh and did I mention that some of them, even some of the ones running for President are also trying to claim that the United States was meant to be a Christian run nation?

Such as whom?

yes the founding fathers really wanted to make it official but they decided to hide it away in secret texts like some moronic version of that National Treasure movie, it's their way of saying, hey we can't pass all these horrible laws with the Constitution and this whole separation of church and state thing in the way so lets just keep trying to rewrite history till they let us do whatever we want.

You mean like how the Founding Fathers REALLY meant to have gays married, but kept it hidden for over 200 years? Or how the Founding Fathers meant the government REALLY had unlimited power to regulate your life even though that ALSO was hidden for hundreds of years. It's amazing that they listed out actual limits to government limits when they had that whole Commerce Clause in there that gave the Federal government, apparently, total power to do whatever it wanted.

The Founding Fathers weren't key on putting irrelevant stuff in the Constitution, so them including anything limiting government power seems really odd with the Commerce Clause and all ALSO being there.

And the way they had churches in Federal buildings EVEN though they REALLY meant the government should have nothing to do with religion whatsoever. But, hey, what do the writers of the Constitution know?

They also wrote that blacks are 3/5 a person so yeah they were crackpots not perfect gods that people make them out to be. And systematically ordered the murder of millions of Native Americans to a point they are nearly a extinct race that has never recovered.

MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By MikeinSC

@arcn said:

@MikeinSC said:

I think they cracked that one when they discovered the embryo and the fetus and that there is a vast difference between a fetus and a fully developed human baby, like the fact that a fetus doesn't experience pain until the second and possibly the third trimester, the laws these politicians try to pass to pander to their voters need to be put to the test of true scientific knowledge, otherwise you end up with laws like the one the politician from Georgia wanted to pass which would have made it illegal to have a miscarriage, a proposal that I'm sure depresses anyone with a real medical degree or even anyone who actually paid attention in a 8th grade biology class.

Such as whom?

How about Mike Huckabee, Rick Perry and Michele Bachmann for starters, all of them notable politicians who were or are still running for President, all proud supporters of David Barton, a man who has made a killing by perpetuating the idea that this country was meant to be run by Christian laws. Huckabee practically gushes when he talks about Barton and Rick Perry liked him so much that he put him on the state board of education even though he happens to be a false historian with no real education or training on the matter and has been denounced time and time again by real experts and I quote “schlock history written by religious propagandists like David Barton, the author of the bizarre pastiche The Myth of Separation, who use selective quotations out of context to suggest that the framers were inspired believers who thought they were founding a Christian nation.” . To be honest I have no idea what happened in that last paragraph of yours, it seems to have devolved into a rambling mess so I'm gonna stick to your churches in federal buildings statement and expand on that since its the only thing that relates to my comment about separation of church and state. Call me crazy but I think that there's a major difference between a church in a federal building and Thomas Jefferson waking up one day and saying "hey guys I got a good idea, how about we make Christianity the supreme religion in the land, that all believers and non believers should follow its tenets and be punished according to its laws", I think that a major move like that would have probably make it into the Constitution if that's what they really wanted. Sorry but this Christian nation nonsense is just cheap trick meant to accomplish the same goal, it's the same thing these revisionists try to pull when they latch themselves onto politicians that talk about seceding from the mean ol' government and letting the states rule themselves, which sounds fine and dandy until you realize that a state not obligated to listen to the federal government also isn't obligated to follow the rules and boundaries set by the Constitution. Boundaries like teaching intelligent design (religion) in schools, passing even more laws restricting gay and lesbian rights and whatever else they might want to do, claiming that Christianity was meant to be the country's dominant religion is just another way for them to try and nullify the First Amendment. By the way even though gay marriage was barely a concept back then, if you consider gay marriage bans to be two people trying to create a union together only to be interfered with by the religious belief of a majority through the use of state and federal laws, something that completely violates the First Amendment, I'm gonna have to say that yes, whether they would like it or not, when the founding fathers said "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion" they absolutely made it to be possible for gays to get married.

1) They actually have no idea when they feel pain. They used to believe they didn't fail pain in utero, but they have realized they were wrong. Some studies show as early as 18 weeks. They noticed that babies who had surgery in utero did better if given anesthesia far better than if given none. They then noticed that bodily responses to pain very much occur in utero.

And one can also easily that people in a coma don't "feel pain". Are they ALSO not humans?

2) Are you REALLY going to play the "Guilt by Association" card here? Because our CURRENT President has some real winners in his history (unless you want to argue Rev. Wright, or the former Weathermen are in agreement with Obama --- ditto the sleazeballs that make up the government of IL as a whole and Chicago in particular). Stop pointing to what OTHERS said and what the candidates THEMSELVES said.

Again, with our CURRENT interpretation having a church service in the Capitol would be illegal --- yet the people who wrote the Constitution did it. For years.

There is considerable argument that the Federal government has violated the Constitution with their outright ignoring of the 10th Amendment.

And, no, the Founding Fathers did not make it legal for gays to get married. You can't argue equality since gays don't lack any rights I have (I am unable to marry a dude as well). They want special rights, which is fine --- but they need to make the argument. If people vote for it, great. I applaud them. If the courts decree it, then I will never support the decision ever. This is something the Constitution is very much silent on and, thus, it should be a state decision (10th Amendment and all).

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Democrats are a bunch of wing bat loons who want to control everything about your lives.

Republicans are a bunch of wing bat loons who want to control everything about your lives.