Are there any severly poorly written Wiki pages you know of?

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I'm bored, and want to do some editing. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

The Olympic soccer page was really badly written the last time I checked. I meant to go back and fix it, but completely forgot until I saw this thread. Feel free to fix it if it's still bad. It was only short too, so it shouldn't take too much effort.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

That reminds me. I should go get a bunch of images for something.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac
SuperMooseman said:
"I can see this thread offending people who've put some solid work into their pages."
I don't want to change a whole lot. After reading that Olympic Soccer one, though, I realized that there's some baaaaaaaad pages out there, lacking any kind of encyclopediac quality. Olympic Soccer moreso resembles a review. Other than stuff like that, I just want to clean up some grammar to make things seem more professional, and informative.
Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Giantkitty

I also created the major page creation and fixing page, but all it has now is a question about the Lich King

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/editing-tools/820/major-page-creationfix-up-request-thread/14665/

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Karmum
MattyFTM said:
"The Olympic soccer page was really badly written the last time I checked. I meant to go back and fix it, but completely forgot until I saw this thread. Feel free to fix it if it's still bad. It was only short too, so it shouldn't take too much effort."
Yeah, wow.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Karmum said:
"MattyFTM said:
"The Olympic soccer page was really badly written the last time I checked. I meant to go back and fix it, but completely forgot until I saw this thread. Feel free to fix it if it's still bad. It was only short too, so it shouldn't take too much effort."
Yeah, wow."
I submitted a cleanup of that, consisting of removing the word "fun" from all of it, and deleting the second paragraph. Not a very admirable page.
hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By hexogen

The Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal page has numerous grammatical errors and reads like a review--actually, it is a review. It looks like the guy who wrote the review just copy/pasted it into the article and was done with it. That's a big no-no in my book. I was planning on fixing it eventually, but if you want to take a shot at it now be my guest.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Hexogen said:
"The Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal page has numerous grammatical errors and reads like a review--actually, it is a review. It looks like the guy who wrote the review just copy/pasted it into the article and was done with it. That's a big no-no in my book. I was planning on fixing it eventually, but if you want to take a shot at it now be my guest."
What a prick......I'll see what I can do.
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Karl_Boss

The Mega Man page is surprisingly pretty poorly layed out and written for how popular the game is.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Somebody else will have to take care of Mega Man, though I definitely feel it should be revised. My experience with the game is minimal, and it should be a fairly detailed page.