gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#101  Edited By gla55jAw

@bill said:

here's a question: did "scene" kids evolve into hipsters?

I typed out a bunch of responses in the form of "No", since I used to be a scene kid and am NOT a hipster, but I'm not really sure anymore. Maybe if I still went to shows I could answer this. But I know, when I think of hipsters, I think of the weird artsy kids with shitty mustache's who are really into bikes, not kids that used to like to hardcore dance to breakdowns.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#102  Edited By ajamafalous

Do I vote skinny jeans if I wear skinny jeans?

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By BBQBram

I have established tastes in most mediums that wouldn't exactly be called mainstream. But I don't attain status from it. So no?

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#104  Edited By Atlas

I love pro football and hate jeans, so I think I'm probably incompatible with the definition of a hipster. Then again, even though I don't like a lot of music that hipsters like, I am fairly "hipsterish" about music. Almost nobody I know likes the bands/artists I like.

Generally though, I'd say no.

Kaiserhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By Kaiserhawk

At times my opinions can be a little hipster-ish. Although if you'd place a label on my as a person for my opinions about pop culture then...

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#106  Edited By Slag

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@Slag: You double nametagged me, that's such a hipster thing to do! What you're describing sounds like regular old teens to me however. You can name them gothics, emo's, hippies, rockers, hardstyle fans (dunno what the english term for those is) or hipsters, they're all just intent on being different and unique (in a bad way). Its fine to have your own identity but to scream murder and abandon ship when your band gets known or acknowledged reeks of teenage angst.

hah! I assure that's more of a function of my typing sloppiness than anything remotely hipster-ish about me. I may be many things but I've never been mistake for a hipster even jokingly until now. :) I look probably far too bland/corporate given what I do (despite the fact I'm anything but) to be mistaken for a Hipster.

RE: regular old teens- I hear what you are saying. And there is some truth to that. I think however if you look at any one aspect of what makes a hipster it will seem totally typical for a teen as you noted. Like many cultural things it's the nuance of the whole package.Something you might know if you see it, but perhaps to describe to someone else. FWIW I think if you met A Hipster and a Goth at the same time I'm sure you'd note some obvious differences right away especially in dress and demeanor.. Same goes for most those other sub-cultures you mention.

hardstyle hunh? That's a new one to me. Not sure we have it in the States or if we do it's probably only on the coasts. Maybe that's why you couldn't think of what we might call it. Is that similar to Trance or House music? Honestly I have no clue what it could be.

And as often seems to be the case I agree with what you said about how you enjoy music. It's a better way to be happy and get to hear better music.