are you a smoker?

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Hitchenson

Yes, have done since I was 13 and I'm nearly 21 now.

I've also got pneumonia at the sec, it's making me think twice for the first time ever. However, not much beats a cup of tea and a rollie.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By SlashDance

"Smoking is gross, how can people do that ? ... let's go drink our brains out guys, yeaaaah !"

I quit not too long ago. Bad habit, but don't treat smokers like pariahs friends.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By MegaLombax

Nope. Its bad for health, makes your breath stink, and cigs are expensive.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#154  Edited By Danteveli

No. its too expensive to be smoker, play video games and eat food.

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#155  Edited By psykhophear

@Krullban said:

No, smoking is silly.

Right on.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Osaladin

No cigs, but I smoke an occasional cigar every now and again. I really want to try smoking a pipe though.

Avatar image for thekingoftoilets
thekingoftoilets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yes, but I'm very considerate about it. I only smoke amongst other smokers (like with co-workers or friends) or where I won't really effect many other people. I roll my own smokes, and have actually been doing well in cutting down.

What a stupid ass habit :p

Creigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#158  Edited By Creigz

Currently I am a smoker, and I quite enjoy it. That being said, I will be picking an ecigarette up in the next couple weeks for convenience. I am only really getting it so I don't have to go out in the cold anymore. But all in all I actually enjoy the taste, I also enjoy the habit, I find it relaxing.

I do not recommend people starting because it does have adverse effects on the body, as anyone should be aware, but I find it relaxing, not because of nicotine but just the general act. I almost always have a cigarette when I drive, it just gives me something to focus on. If I am gaming I don't feel the need as often because I am focused on something else.

I have tried to quit numerous times, but I failed because I quite enjoy the act of smoking. That is why I am getting the ecigarette.

puercoperro335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By puercoperro335

@Bell_End: I'm a social smoker, I never smoke when I'm by myself, and have smoked for around 2 years now. I've never suffered from cravings/withdrawals, I guess I'm lucky.

leftzero101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#160  Edited By leftzero101

@Ksaw: i get "high and mighty" about over weight people... however I lost 100 pounds, so thats why i do. Also yes i smoke, and wish i didnt start.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By frankfartmouth

I quit goddamnit.

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Revan_NL

On occasion, usually when I'm drunk since I can't really stand the taste of a cigarette when sober.

Ksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Ksaw

@leftzero101 said:

@Ksaw: i get "high and mighty" about over weight people... however I lost 100 pounds, so thats why i do. Also yes i smoke, and wish i didnt start.

Hmm... I would think having been an overweight person yourself would make you more sympathetic to people who still have that problem. I know wouldn't go around berating smokers if I quit smoking.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By habster3

No, I don't care for tobacco

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By jay_ray

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

@Breadfan said:

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: Making the jump from shooting up heroin from smoking a cigarette seems a bit...hyperbolic.

as dumb and hyperbolic as that may sound..... Its my own dumb and irrational mindset. I dont even get it myself. Cigarettes are obviously not as bad as heroin.

I agree with you, I would rather do heroin, cocaine, LSD, etc. then smoke a cigarette. I know exactly why too, at least with those drugs you get a substantial high. I would disagree with the heroin being worse then cigarettes, you can be a regular user of heroin and be in far better health then a regular cigarette user. Hell in the UK where heroin is a legal prescription drug you can have professionals regularly using it.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By MikkaQ

@HaltIamReptar: @Canteu: Ahh, employing the good ol' reductio ad insanity. As sure a method to end an argument as comparing someone to hitler.

It's also kinda cute that you accuse me of being dramatic and then claim injecting people with heroin is the same thing as second hand smoke. Smooth. Like a Camel Light.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By HaltIamReptar

@MikkaQ: Is what you're doing right there any better? I genuinely do not understand your position, to the extent that I can't relate it to what a same person would say. Is that what happens when people jump to Nazi comparisons? Maybe that's what they might insist on whether or not that's the truth of it. I don't know nor do I care. But that's what's actually happening here. You're nuts. Sorry you had to hear it from some asshole on the internet.

I think it's not part of your freedom to dictate where people consume their vices. Why is it not the other way around, I must ask? If someone's smoking, people who don't want exposure to it can go outside and choke on car exhaust for once. They're the ones with a problem, not the smoker. The smoker's having a great time.

The person who isn't smoking doesn't have a problem until somebody with a vice can't control themselves and walk ten feet away. You're acting like not smoking is the same position as smoking, except one of us is weird about those poison clouds. Asking someone to take what is really just a tiny amount of burden isn't about the smoker, it's about the dozens of people they're affecting everyday.

I've been around second hand smoke all my life and childhood and I've had no ill effects from it

I am genuinely happy for you that you haven't, to this moment, noticed anything come from cigarettes. It's truly a terrible thing what they can do. I've watched one person die of second hand induced lung cancer and know of a few others. It's truly one of the great pains of man to see someone die over the folly of others, and in such pain. I genuinely mean this; may you live a long and crazy life. Just don't think your life is necessarily an absolute reflection of reality.

Just like I tolerate free speech. Advertising tries to poison my mind everyday with billboards but I still tolerate it.

There is a distinct difference between being able to shut off the media noise and having to breathe in carcinogens because heaven forbid we make the carcinogen rods stay outside of confined areas. I don't know how you're making that connection.

The worse part is you're a gold member and have plenty of posts - you're either insane for committing to your dumb troll idea for so long or you're insane for having a sincere insane opinion.

Anyways, I have replies turned off and won't be coming back so I guess good luck; have batman?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#168  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

No. I don't have any desire to and I don't want the negative effects on my health.

TheFreepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By TheFreepie

I was quite shocked to discover 1/4 of the people who answered are smokers

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By SharkEthic

Don't see a single upside to smoking. Sure, it relaxes some people, but shit, I'll bet you can find some other form of relaxation that's maybe a tad less moronic.

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Freshbandito

@Canteu said:

@Freshbandito: How about this then.

I have nothing against smokers. Just tobacco.

Note the part where I said, if you want to smoke, fine. I really don't care what people do, just don't get me involved.

And I was mostly debunking the crazy persons argument. I wasn't really attempting to preach nor hold a soap box.

I said "non-asshole rights" not in terms that smokers are assholes, more that they get breaks for no reason. So how come i don't get a break for not inflicting harm upon myself?

I never said I was a better person. Not sure where you got that from.

Hope you're happy standing in the cold with sick people.

edit: oh, and if you didn't notice the irony of your own post...well I guess it's not worth pointing out to you.

Attempting or not preaching from a soap box is the feel that comes across from your early posts.

You can't say "I never said I was a better person. Not sure where you got that from." right after saying "So how come i don't get a break for not inflicting harm upon myself?" the connotation here is that you think these people are harming themselves and your decision not to smoke deserves a pat on the back, a reward.

Don't try to use what you see as irony in my post to side step the point here, alot of people tend to think of smokers as less than non-smokers and your reaction is typical of this mentality of "filthy smokers! why don't they just go inject heroin into their eye sockets!?" and it's disappointing. Why can't we all just accept that some people drink, some people smoke, some weirdos drink herbal teas? all these people should be thought of as just another person, maybe not people who smoke novelty vanilla scented cigarettes though, those are awful.

I can italicise the areas you might read into as ironic to save you the time of searching it out this time?

disclaimer: I don't smoke

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#172  Edited By Cincaid
cruxking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By cruxking

@themangalist: congratulations on being a good person. seriously. you make the world a less pussy whipped place.

Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Choi

Smoked for 7 years but quit almost 3 years ago. So I voted NO.

DelroyLindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By DelroyLindo

@themangalist said:

I don't smoke but I don't go on a fucking "moral crusade" against those who do. Man can choose whatever he wants to do.

well said

Avatar image for johnstonthistle
JohnstonThistle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By JohnstonThistle

@mercutio123 said:

I just don't see the point in paying for something that is just killing you slowly

Countless things YOU buy are doing that, hypocrite.

valiantgrizzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#177  Edited By valiantgrizzly

Yes, and I am always considerate about it. I know there are people who don't like the smell.

On the other hand, it seems 9 out of 10 people who don't smoke tend to be COLOSSAL dicks about it.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By joshthebear

Fuck no.

Mageman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Mageman

No, the cost and the health problems associated with tobacco consumption are not worth the effect imo.

singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By singular

According to my dilligently kept "I quit smoking" log on Facebook, I stopped smoking 372 days ago.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By KingOfAsh

I don't smoke anything.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#182  Edited By isomeri

I smoke tobacco on occasion but don't consider myself to be a smoker. During the winter I may smoke a cigar or cigarette once every two months or so, and in the summer maby once every two weeks. I also own and smoke a hookah on occasion.

I've never used snus or chewing tobacco, even though a lot of my friends are "on the bag" so to say.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#183  Edited By WickedCobra03

Nothing at all. I am not a fan of the smell it leaves behind, any of it. Also, I don't know if I would be able to afford it.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#184  Edited By shinboy630

I'm a smoker... Ok really I voted no, I just wanted an excuse to post this clip.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#185  Edited By galiant

No, because smoking is stupid.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By MikkaQ

@HaltIamReptar: Or option three I was withdrawing hard yesterday (quitting the other kind of smoking). I was pretty grumpy and became stubborn. I still thinking smoking indoors should be allowed, but I didn't express myself properly. It was pretty fun to get my anger out on the internet though.

I'm going to assume the person you know you died from second hand smoke lived with a smoker, yes? I think it is irresponsible to smoke constantly around the people you live with, to the point where (as I mentioned in my very first post) I convinced my dad to quit for our own sake. Two packs a day in the house was messed up. That being said, no one gets really hurt from second hand inhalation at a restaurant because of the whole "smoking/non" section system that was in place that worked perfectly. As for the staff, the ones who didn't themselves smoke worked the non-smoking sections. It was a good system that didn't need to be shut down. Can't even smoke on the patio outside anymore, the customer has to go back inside and then go out the front doors to smoke. There's reasonable and then there's the Ontario government.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Jams

@Freshbandito said:

@Canteu said:

@Freshbandito: How about this then.

I have nothing against smokers. Just tobacco.

Note the part where I said, if you want to smoke, fine. I really don't care what people do, just don't get me involved.

And I was mostly debunking the crazy persons argument. I wasn't really attempting to preach nor hold a soap box.

I said "non-asshole rights" not in terms that smokers are assholes, more that they get breaks for no reason. So how come i don't get a break for not inflicting harm upon myself?

I never said I was a better person. Not sure where you got that from.

Hope you're happy standing in the cold with sick people.

edit: oh, and if you didn't notice the irony of your own post...well I guess it's not worth pointing out to you.

Attempting or not preaching from a soap box is the feel that comes across from your early posts.

You can't say "I never said I was a better person. Not sure where you got that from." right after saying "So how come i don't get a break for not inflicting harm upon myself?" the connotation here is that you think these people are harming themselves and your decision not to smoke deserves a pat on the back, a reward.

Don't try to use what you see as irony in my post to side step the point here, alot of people tend to think of smokers as less than non-smokers and your reaction is typical of this mentality of "filthy smokers! why don't they just go inject heroin into their eye sockets!?" and it's disappointing. Why can't we all just accept that some people drink, some people smoke, some weirdos drink herbal teas? all these people should be thought of as just another person, maybe not people who smoke novelty vanilla scented cigarettes though, those are awful.

I can italicise the areas you might read into as ironic to save you the time of searching it out this time?

disclaimer: I don't smoke

I think his mindset of smoking is exactly the outcome those "truth" ad people wanted. They want people to be over emotional with hate towards people who smoke. If you watch their ads, they want people who don't smoke to turn against people who do. They want you to LOATHE and DESPISE smokers. They want you to think lesser of them because they are harming you. THEY ARE KILLING YOUR CHILDREN! As you can see, that reprogramming of the brain worked. It worked like magic.

Like they say, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".

leftzero101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By leftzero101

@Ksaw said:

@leftzero101 said:

Hmm... I would think having been an overweight person yourself would make you more sympathetic to people who still have that problem. I know wouldn't go around berating smokers if I quit smoking.

Well some overweight people about being overweight, so I'm a little rude about it.. Just who i am, and I agree with you about smoking.

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By nights

On occasion. I've never smoked a cigarette in my entire life (never will), but I'll have a cigar or pipe once in awhile. I enjoy pipe smoking the most, as there are so many different types of tobacco out there. The act of filling your pipe/smoking is also like an art form, of which I've yet to perfect. I'll go months without smoking, then smoke fairly often for a week or so. Rinse and repeat.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heeeeell no. Seems like a terrible idea. Oddly enough though I kinda like the smell of cigarette smoke. *shrug*

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#191  Edited By Animasta

I find it weird that people say "well you have to respect smokers rights even if you don't smoke". Are we then supposed to respect people who cut themselves now? I mean they're different situations but not THAT different.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By toowalrus

@leftzero101 said:

Well some overweight people about being overweight, so I'm a little rude about it..

Wait, what? Is this a sentence?

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By SeanFoster

No, I've never even met Deacon.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#194  Edited By alternate

No, I was surprised when I read that a couple of the bomb crew were smokers. at least they used to be.

Atom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Atom

Smoked for about 7 years, quit 5 years ago.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By fattony12000
DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#197  Edited By DoctorWelch

I've smoked probably 5 cigarettes in my life, and my conclusion is that anyone who does it is a complete moron. People that smoke are basically paying money to be addicted to something that will kill them while receiving no added benefits. The first time I ever smoked one I got a little buz, and then I felt literally nothing every time after that. If I was to compare chemical effects on the brain, I would say smoking a cigarette gives you a feeling as strong as the caffeine would in one gulp of coffee.

So, smoke cigarettes if you want. Just don't be surprised when people see you as an unintelligent person who makes really terrible life decisions.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Hitchenson

@Animasta said:

I find it weird that people say "well you have to respect smokers rights even if you don't smoke". Are we then supposed to respect people who cut themselves now? I mean they're different situations but not THAT different.

This gave me and my mate a good laugh, cheers.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Canteu

@Jams: Once again, you both missed the part where i said they can smoke if they like. I really don't mind what people do, just don't get me involved.

See? No implications towards the people. Just the drug itself.

edit: I've not watched tv in over 10 years. Not sure what this "truth" ad is. Probably american, so even less chance of me knowing what it is.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Jams

@Canteu said:

@Jams: Once again, you both missed the part where i said they can smoke if they like. I really don't mind what people do, just don't get me involved.

See? No implications towards the people. Just the drug itself.

edit: I've not watched tv in over 10 years. Not sure what this "truth" ad is. Probably american, so even less chance of me knowing what it is.

Hmmm I think I maybe quoted the wrong post. I was more talking about the other posters who think anyone who smokes is disgusting, etc. Those "Truth" ads are pretty deplorable if you ask me. There was one where some person was smoking in an apartment. It showed the smoked leaving the apartment through the window, traveling to the second story into a baby in a crib. It FLEW OUT THE WINDOW and the smoke made the effort to float out and around right into the babies nose. Like give me a fucking break. Blowing smoke in someones face is one thing, but come on.

Like this one, but the smoke traveled.