• 145 results
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#101  Edited By mracoon

Not really but I've had several surprise encounters with spiders of the last few days. Firstly, I stumbled across a web with at least 100 baby spiders on it and it was actually pretty cool. Yesterday, I entered my house and turned to see a big spider on the wall at face level to me. Finally, today I was coming out of the shower and opened the shower curtain and there was spider hanging from the ceiling again at face level to me. I think I surprised that last spider because it just fell down and died and I felt a bit guilty.

So yeah, I've had more spider encounters in the last two days than I have in the last few months.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By BonOrbitz

@MethodMan008 said:

I am.

I just two brown recluses by my sofa and I wanna call in an air strike on my apartment..

Don't think I'm going to be able to sleep tonight.

Apparently, most spiders aren't even harmful to humans, but I'm scared of all spiders because they're gross. >.<

..What about you giantbomb community member? What do you think about spiders?

Whoa. Brown recluses are super poisonous. Those and the Black Widows are the worst in the states I believe. I'm deathly, DEATHLY afraid of spiders. I get nauseous when I see them, seriously.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By gamefreak9

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

I thought only women are afraid of insects...no offense.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By BonOrbitz

@GenocidalKitten said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

Not even a spider but it'll freak people out.

Holy shit! what is that?!

That is a camel spider.

I'm getting sick looking at this thread.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By Jay444111

@Moreau_MD said:

Apparently this what the venom of that spider you mentioned can do to you...

No Caption Provided

Dude... why the hell did you post something so fucking terrifying? WHY!?

This is the reason we can't have nice things! Like all spiders suddenly dead!

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jay444111: That actually looks extremely tame compared to other brown recluse bite pictures I've seen.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#107  Edited By YI_Orange

I wouldn't say afraid, but if I spot one, I'm cautiously aware of it's presence. To be fair, I would feel the same about anything that might just decide to bite me.

Gridius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Gridius

Not afraid of spiders, mostly afraid of things like wasps and hornets. Where I live, though, we have these big black beetles that hurt like fuck if they bite you, and apparently bite simply because they think you're a tree and want to lay eggs in you, which is the part that really freaks me out.

Philantrophy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Philantrophy

Just killed one now, I feel horrible.

RadixNegative2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By RadixNegative2

Fuck brown recluses' they fucking suck. I've never seen one but apparently they're common where I live and I'm waiting for the night that one comes and and takes one of my arms with it.

Other than that centipedes scare me more, mostly because I've had a couple in my room before and they look absolutely disgusting.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#111  Edited By OmegaPirate

Came into this thread to offer my support of hating spiders more than beezlebub himself. Made the mistake of reading every page.

Gonna go curl up in a LIGHT DRY and NON SPIDERED corener now and curse you all under my breath for a while

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#112  Edited By supermonkey122

Yes, but not the tiny ones that i usually see.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#113  Edited By Dallas_Raines

I'm deathly afraid of spiders, I will completely lose my shit to even a daddy long legs if in close proximity.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#114  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Spiders do belong in nature; just not inside my house.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Fuck spiders! ALL OF THEM! John Goodman is my hero and he's the only hope for humanity.

What the fuck am I even doing in this thread? I'm out of here!

@bonorbitz said:

@GenocidalKitten said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

Holy shit! what is that?!

That is a camel spider.

I'm getting sick looking at this thread.

Those things look like the face-huggers from Alien.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#116  Edited By RandomHero666

The whole 'average human eats x spiders a year/night' is absolute bollocks, it was started by some woman in the 90's who wrote a list of 'facts' just to see how many people would believe them.

Processed food has insect/spider parts in it, so you probably do eat lots of them, but not in your sleep.

Also, no I'm not afraid of spiders, they eat the shit-eating flies and other disgusting things. The fact people are still afraid of them confuses me, Mosquitoes are more dangerous, millipedes and centipedes have more legs, butterlies are hairier.. there really is no reason to be afraid.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#117  Edited By MooseyMcMan

No, most spiders are harmless. Yes, many can kill, but most can't.

Actually, I think they're cool. All those legs, and all those eyes! When you think about it, they're pretty crazy.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#118  Edited By Sooperspy

Hell yeah I am. Fuck spiders. Fuck them to hell.

Mogoping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Mogoping

FUCK YES JESUS!!!!!!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not the one's around my neck of the woods. I generally just leave them alone as they cause me no harm. In fact I like most bugs...

Except for hornets, I get goosebumps when I see those fuckers.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By benpicko

Why did I click on this thread :(.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#122  Edited By Sambambo

I live in England, so there is no reason to be scared of them.

If I lived in Australia however, then it would be a rational fear.

Kayshin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#123  Edited By Kayshin

I have an "awesome" spider story, and it is the cause of why I hate spiders so much. Especially little ones. I finished my graduation, and wanting to save my dress since my grandmother made it for me, we put it into a garbage bag and sealed it. Unbenownst to me a spider had made a nest (or two or three) in it or on it, I am not too sure. A little while later, not much, a few weeks, perhaps a month, I was invited to another grad, so I opened the bag, took the dress out and hanged it from the ceiling -- over my bed, and put the garbage bag on my bed.

I worked til late at night and came home and crashed. I woke up to many spiders crawling over me. I do not think I have screamed that loud or stayed in the shower that long ever in my life. Not a pleasant experience. Needless to say that grad dress, along with my bedding went into the garbage and my room got fumigated.

They are evil.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#124  Edited By c_rakestraw

@benpicko said:

I'm sure everyone is asking themselves that same question (myself included).

p00rdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By p00rdevil

@C_Rakestraw said:

@benpicko said:

I'm sure everyone is asking themselves that same question (myself included).

I clicked on this thread to say, any enemy of flies and mosquitoes is an ally of mine!

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By deadmanforking

Last time I seen a spider in my house: I trapped it under a bin, put my old 360 power brick on top of it, locked it in the Batheroom, called my fiancee and asked when she was getting home from work so she could get rid of them for me...

And this was after I set the cats on the thing! Even the cats got scared and ran from it!!

RedRavN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By RedRavN

I was teaching out in California in the sierra region and they have some big ass spiders. Usually, they are wolf spiders which are 2-3 inches or so. They are not really dangerous but they are fast and like to hide inside your houses and walk around hunting at night. I've had a few times where they crawled up my leg and even though I'm not afraid of spiders its scary when it happens.

There are also brown recluses in that area and those ones will mess you up hardcore. Fortunately, they tend to be mostly sedentary and stay away from people. Also, there are these things called velvet ants which just walk around in the forest. They are actually technically a type of wasp and I made the mistake of picking one up and it gave me a nasty sting. The sting was simply way more strong than a regular bee and it hurt like hell. Underneath the underbrush and rotting wood there were also a lot of red centipedes. Those guys are nasty because they can be agressive and will give you a brutal sting. Some types of centipedes can deliver incredibly painful venom.

I have also seen black widow spiders at my place in Vermont. Fortunately they make webs instead of hunt so they are pretty easy to spot and avoid. The females look awesome but they are deadly critters.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By MethodMan008

@Kayshin said:

I have an "awesome" spider story, and it is the cause of why I hate spiders so much. Especially little ones. I finished my graduation, and wanting to save my dress since my grandmother made it for me, we put it into a garbage bag and sealed it. Unbenownst to me a spider had made a nest (or two or three) in it or on it, I am not too sure. A little while later, not much, a few weeks, perhaps a month, I was invited to another grad, so I opened the bag, took the dress out and hanged it from the ceiling -- over my bed, and put the garbage bag on my bed.

I worked til late at night and came home and crashed. I woke up to many spiders crawling over me. I do not think I have screamed that loud or stayed in the shower that long ever in my life. Not a pleasant experience. Needless to say that grad dress, along with my bedding went into the garbage and my room got fumigated.

They are evil.

Oh my god.

I think I would set myself on fire in that situation.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd probably be if I lived in Washington or Oregon. But I do seem to be seeing a lot more up in Petaluma then I did when I lived in Novato. The only time I'm afraid of them is when they surprise me at like 3 in the morning crawling on my monitor or desk or if I see they have an egg-sac. I tend to get rid of those.

MegaMetaTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By MegaMetaTurtle

Yes, and one landed on my head yesterday :/

Think they have it out for me...

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By jking47

No, don't really understand the big deal either. Spiders are fine, its the flying bugs that annoy me.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By MrKlorox

I used to see brown recluses around the house all the time. Seems to have subdued in the past couple years though. I'm a hermit living with a hoarder, so bug bombing the house isn't much of an option. So I'm pretty much counting my days.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By MikeGosot

...No. I was afraid from scorpions when i was younger, but now, i love arachnids and insects.

@TeamJersey
Dude, you seem to know an awful lot about spiders.

sashimi_biscut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By sashimi_biscut

I don't understand this. Why is everyone on the internet afraid of spiders? Am i the only one capable of handling a spider? What I am really afraid of are worms. They are so gross and squiggly.

I'm also afraid of giant centipedes because when I was in puerto rico building houses in the mountains I got cornered by one when washing dished and it stung me. I wasn't afraid of them before that but they have HUGE FANGS or whatever they are. It was very painful but we were too far away from any proper roads and they said I wouldn't die so I just had to live with it. :(

TL:DR Penis insect attacked me and now I am a feminist.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By WarlordPayne

I'm not afraid of them and as long as they stay outside they're fine. I used to be okay with them inside the house, I'd put them in a jar or something and bring them outside, but now I'm just sick and tired of the little bastards and if I see one inside it dies.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#136  Edited By thebunnyhunter

im all paranoid now.....Fuck brown recluses.....

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By iam3green

not really. i don't mind if they are a small spiders. i just recently had a dream within a dream that a spider was on me. i was sleeping and then woke up because a big black and white spider was on me, then actually woke up wiping my arm. i actually thought there was a spider on me.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#138  Edited By StarvingGamer

I love spiders. I will pick up and play with them if I'm fairly certain they won't kill me. Otherwise I am content to watch them do their thing. If someone else is freaking out and wants one removed, I will go out of my way to ensure it's safety.

Spiders rule!

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#139  Edited By Hector

Not just spiders but just about anything else that has more than four legs and is hairy.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By RedRoach

I am not afraid of spiders, I just loathe every part of their existence.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By _Zombie_

Used to be absolutely terrified of them. Froze up when I got within ten feet of one. Nowadays, I get a little nervous, then promptly crush them with the nearest object that isn't my hands or feet.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#142  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I'm not scared of spiders, they just make me feel uneasy. When there's one in the room I can't help but focus on it and find it hard to properly pay attention to other things.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@AhmadMetallic said:

No, I love stepping on them!

:)

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By McShank

Spiders and heights are my 2 weaknesses.. I cant stand them.. I will be standing 10feet up and feel nervous if im near a edge even with a railing.. And spiders.. They all can just go and die. I hate small ones, big ones, poisonous ones and ones that crawl into your mouth while you sleep and then get swalloed so when you wake up you have a horrible taste in your mouth.. Snakes on the other hand i like.. Also I hate open water.. I hate being in open water due to not knowing what is around me and what monstrous thing might jump out and attack.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By falserelic

One time I had 1 spider jumping towards me. It scared me abit of how fast it was able to move. It got too close then I crushed it with my shoe. When I kill spiders or insects I usually kill it with a shoe or hands. If it was a fly and I couldn't reach it with my shoe. I would get a spray bottle and spray the fly where it couldn't fly. Then keep spraying it until there's water above its mouth. Then watch it drown and slowly die.

TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By TeamJersey

@MikeGosot: Study thy enemy and know them better than they know themselves.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#147  Edited By nightriff

Yes but since I am the man in my marriage I must act like one and SMASH them with my shoe.

G0rd0nFr33m4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 18

#148  Edited By G0rd0nFr33m4n

Initally yes, when I first see them.

But then logic kicks in, I remember I am 1000s of times bigger then it is, then I squish it quick because I KNOW if it escapes from me I won't be able to stop thinking about it all day and night.

So a common spider run in with me sounds like "Wa-huh ? AAAHHHH. I'm gonna get you, you S-O-B!" :P