• 104 results
#51 Posted by Moreau_MD (402 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

@pyromagnestir said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Moreau_MD said:

@pyromagnestir said:

I've seen your face over 5 times in the last three seconds of browsing now, no joke. Are you hijacking the Bomb with your look of bemused surprise? Seriously, it's getting practically like 1984's BB up in here.

Oh no, his evil plan is to take over GB!

Nah, I'm just being dumb again. I need to let out the dumb somehow, else it builds inside me and comes out at inappropriate moments. Sorry.

And what's 1984's BB?

I don't have a problem with it. But that hijacking accusation is ridiculous.

1984's Big Brother

AlexanderSheen...you cannot be that stupid...you simply cannot 0_o. You actually thought I was being serious when I said pyromagnestir was 'hijacking' Giantbomb? It was a light hearted joke. Get over it.

#52 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Woah Déjà Vu I swear I've answered this on here before. Weird. 

Anyways, a bit of both but leaning more towards extrovert. 

#53 Posted by Mnemoidian (955 posts) -

@Cirdain: Thanks for posting that TED talk, very interesting.

#54 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

I am posting on a Video Game forum, the answer should be obvious.

#55 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

It's funny, I've always been a loner and am perfectly happy with it, but I also have a healthy enough ego that I enjoy being the centre of attention, cracking jokes and whatnot.

#56 Posted by MachoFantastico (4651 posts) -

I'd never heard of both till about two years ago, some doc just told me I was an high introvert and I never asked her what the hell that meant :D At to look it up when I go home.  

Still, don't agree that there are many advantages to being an introvert. In fact it sort of sucks to be honest. 

#57 Posted by MachoFantastico (4651 posts) -
@Simplexity said:

I am posting on a Video Game forum, the answer should be obvious.

Indeed, wasn't shocked to see introvert winning the poll haha! :D
#58 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Claude said:

Oh man, I clicked "A" when I meant "B". I used to introverted, but I came out of my shell. I'm hell on wheels now. Head held high and talk to anyone.

I clicked B and meant A so I guess it all worked out in the end.

#59 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -
@believer258: I took the myers-briggs too and landed on INTP, so I'm quite introvert.
#60 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

Other. Hyper-Introvert.

#61 Posted by Pocky4Th3Win (134 posts) -

I am a bit of both. While gaming online I am very Extrovert but in person I am more introvert.

#62 Edited by NTM (7344 posts) -

Mostly ambiversion. That's where you fall directly in the middle. Meaning you're normally comfortable with social interaction, but you also enjoy alone time. Personally, I have no problem being social, when times to be social happen, but I don't really choose to be that social often. I kind of just like being with the ones I love most, and doing what I do. A lot of the time, even if I don't hang out with people for a very long time, they'll always want to hang out, or at least talk; always surprises me, so we'll talk for a while, and maybe hang out.

#63 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4894 posts) -

75% intro 25% extro

#64 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Introverted, but that doesn't mean I'm inept at dealing with people or something.

#65 Posted by stryker1121 (1409 posts) -

@mandude said:

Introverted, but that doesn't mean I'm inept at dealing with people or something.

That's the stereotype of the introvert, unfortunately. I answered 'C' because my social involvement depends on the situation. This is common I'm sure, but I'm much more extroverted when around people who know me. But put me in a large group situation when i'm around strangers (and with no "buffer" friend to ease me into a social setting) and I tend to clam up. My line of work has me interacting w/ new people quite a bit, so that helps, but my batteries just shut down in certain situations.

#66 Posted by BonOrbitz (2184 posts) -

Happily introverted and happy to hear a lot of others are the same way so I don't feel so anti-social. It's not that I'm incapable of being social when needed and I have friends, but in my career I deal with so many people that I need a break outside of work.

#67 Posted by Moreau_MD (402 posts) -

I'm extrovert...baby!

#68 Posted by RubberBabyBuggyBumpers (715 posts) -

introvert

#69 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4977 posts) -

@Moreau_MD said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@pyromagnestir said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Moreau_MD said:

@pyromagnestir said:

I've seen your face over 5 times in the last three seconds of browsing now, no joke. Are you hijacking the Bomb with your look of bemused surprise? Seriously, it's getting practically like 1984's BB up in here.

Nah, I'm just being dumb again. I need to let out the dumb somehow, else it builds inside me and comes out at inappropriate moments. Sorry.

And what's 1984's BB?

1984's Big Brother

AlexanderSheen...you cannot be that stupid...you simply cannot 0_o. You actually thought I was being serious when I said pyromagnestir was 'hijacking' Giantbomb? It was a light hearted joke. Get over it.

Of course not -.- That "hijacking" thing came off as bitching about him using his images a lot. Let the man be! It's actually pretty cool how he expresses himself (at least I think that way).

Also, "Get over it"? You really think I care that much?

#70 Posted by Cirdain (3078 posts) -
@AhmadMetallic
I try to not be an introvert with all my power but I just feel like there's a black hole in my gut sucking all the energy out of my muscles and brain after being around people for a while. And then I start thinking of my bed.
Well its difficult to be an extrovert when you've got a PC as ridiculous as yours.
#71 Posted by Cirdain (3078 posts) -
@Mnemoidian

@Cirdain: Thanks for posting that TED talk, very interesting.

You're welcome :-)
#72 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

I act pretty extroverted generally, but am rather introverted when it comes to my personal thoughts and feelings.

#73 Posted by forkboy (1140 posts) -

I'm with the majority as an introvert. I quite enjoy hanging out with people, but absolutely prefer smaller groups of people I already know. I'm fairly awkward around strangers, at least initially.

Fortunately alcohol helps grease those wheels.

#74 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4977 posts) -

@Morrow said:

I act pretty extroverted generally, but am rather introverted when it comes to my personal thoughts and feelings.

Wait, you are extroverted or you just act like one?

#75 Posted by JacDG (2121 posts) -

Primarily introverted, like 60-40 I would guess, being sort of shy does make the gap between the two seem bigger sometimes, when I get to know people I am extremely extroverted even in large social gatherings, but until then I am kind of quite.

#76 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

Hyper Introverted.

I'm pretty outgoing to a point. I will talk to you about shallow and insignificant things, but my personal life will never come out. Nothing personal. Literally.

#77 Edited by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Somebody watched Charlie's latest video...

#78 Posted by Harkat (1102 posts) -

I'm not shy or uneasy talking to people, but feel exhausted after long periods of social interactions and can stay completely isolated for a LONG time before feeling lonely.

#79 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Morrow said:

My behaviour is extroverted. I laugh a lot and loud, I have quite a temper and am pretty passionate about certain things. But when it comes to my personal thoughts and feelings I'm pretty held back.

#80 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4977 posts) -

@Morrow said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Morrow said:

My behaviour is extroverted. I laugh a lot and loud, I have quite a temper and am pretty passionate about certain things. But when it comes to my personal thoughts and feelings I'm pretty held back.

Okay, I just thought because of the "I act pretty extroverted generally" that you are actually introverted and just act like an extrovert when around people, so that you don't feel as nervous as you would otherwise.

#81 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

The only way i can be talkative is if

A) I haven't slept for 24 hours

B) Drunk

So A?

#82 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Morrow said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Morrow said:

Okay, I just thought because of the "I act pretty extroverted generally" that you are actually introverted and just act like an extrovert when around people, so that you don't feel as nervous as you would otherwise.

Oh, no. I just have this split personality :D

#83 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4977 posts) -

@Morrow said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Morrow said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Morrow said:

Oh, no. I just have this split personality :D

I know what you're talking about. Schizophrenia is pretty rad. You just whisper "Per... so... na" and *woosh* you suddenly change into a serial killer.

Uh... maybe I said too much.

But seriously, I'm kind of the same.

#84 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

B) Drunk

So A?

Hahaha, I get really talkative when I haven't slept enough. I wonder what that's about.

#85 Posted by JonathanAshleyMoore (283 posts) -

Mostly extroverted. Have the days where I want to catch up with my media, but I like seeing people a lot.

#86 Posted by Moreau_MD (402 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Moreau_MD said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@pyromagnestir said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Moreau_MD said:

@pyromagnestir said:

And what's 1984's BB?

1984's Big Brother

Of course not -.- That "hijacking" thing came off as bitching about him using his images a lot. Let the man be! It's actually pretty cool how he expresses himself (at least I think that way).

Clearly. Also, like I say, it was meant as a light hearted jest- I don't know how you could possibly take 'OMG BB taking over our intranets' (or something to that affect) as bitching. The guy who I was actually telling the joke to certainly didn't, so why come in and try to ruin it? :P

#87 Posted by Marz (5649 posts) -

i guess i'm an introvert.... i mostly don't like talking to other people because i usually overthink the consequences of what i might say.

#88 Posted by Judoboy (22 posts) -

@mandude said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

B) Drunk

So A?

Hahaha, I get really talkative when I haven't slept enough. I wonder what that's about.

It's because sleep deprivation lowers the serotonin levels which leads to impulsive/uninhibited behavior. It's probably obvious to my professors when I didn't sleep much because all of the sudden the quiet kid is asking questions or making comments out loud.

#89 Posted by Devil240Z (3333 posts) -

@MrJorOwe said:

@Cirdain said:

Both so I chose C.

I probably should have said which one do you see yourself more as, would have made more sense.

Reading even the wikipedia article on introversion it is unreal how closely it describes me. It does not mean i don't like social contact in moderation, which a lot of people mistakenly think.

Yeah it sucks I feel like all my friends think I hate being around them even though I don't, I'm just introverted...

#90 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4977 posts) -

@Moreau_MD said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Moreau_MD said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@pyromagnestir said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Moreau_MD said:

@pyromagnestir said:

And what's 1984's BB?

1984's Big Brother

Clearly. Also, like I say, it was meant as a light hearted jest- I don't know how you could possibly take 'OMG BB taking over our intranets' (or something to that affect) as bitching. The guy who I was actually telling the joke to certainly didn't, so why come in and try to ruin it? :P

The response to your 'joke' from him was this:

"Nah, I'm just being dumb again. I need to let out the dumb somehow, else it builds inside me and comes out at inappropriate moments. Sorry."

He even apoligized in the end! You were the one who ruined it, not me. So clearly, you're joke was a banger.

Maybe you intended it as a joke, but it came out as a negative comment.

But why don't we just ask him about it? @pyromagnestir, did you found it funny or offensive?

#91 Posted by pyromagnestir (4305 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen: @Moreau_MD: Alright I guess I'll step in and say I never take anything anyone says on the internet seriously so I assume everything is a joke. And I'm an introvert so I apologize for every sentence I speak, write, Morse, sign, or smoke signal because I always assume no one wants to hear me talk.

Oh look upon this madness my face has wrought!

#92 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4977 posts) -

@Moreau_MD: Okay, then I apologize, you were right.

#93 Posted by SSully (4169 posts) -

@SpikeSpiegel said:

Definitely an introvert. I don't dislike social situations or anything, but I need time alone to recharge and relax.

Same here. I enjoy the company of my friends and family and will be more open around them, but I need some good alone to really relax.

#94 Posted by Moreau_MD (402 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Moreau_MD: Okay, then I apologize, you were right.

lol, accepted.

#95 Posted by CatsAkimbo (618 posts) -

When you take those tests, are you supposed to answer as how you are right now, or as how you wish you were? I feel like I should be an extrovert, but depression/social anxiety kind of makes me an introvert.

#96 Posted by Scrawnto (2440 posts) -

I am very introverted.

I've gone days at a time without talking to other people. Oddly enough, when I'm at a bar or a club I will dance with girls I've never met before with no hesitation. Some of them are incredibly attractive too, and it doesn't make me the slightest bit nervous. For the life of me, though, I cannot strike up a conversation out of nowhere with people I don't already know. I never even ask for directions, not because I'm embarrassed to be lost, but because I'm uncomfortable with talking to someone without an introduction.

I'm totally normal around friends, people introduced to me by friends, coworkers, and even strangers who initiate conversations with me, though.

#97 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@Judoboy said:

@mandude said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

B) Drunk

So A?

It's because sleep deprivation lowers the serotonin levels which leads to impulsive/uninhibited behavior. It's probably obvious to my professors when I didn't sleep much because all of the sudden the quiet kid is asking questions or making comments out loud.

Hmm, so I guess my response to this is how can I rid myself of all that dastardly serotonin for good? For too long it's been thwarting me.

#98 Posted by KamasamaK (2409 posts) -

Introvert. More specifically, ISTP.

#99 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

We're short on supply for extroverted gamers.

I'm introverted.

#100 Posted by SexualBubblegumX (542 posts) -

I'm incredibly introverted.