Posted by AcidBrandon18 (743 posts) 1 year, 14 hours ago

Poll: Are you for or against mayonnaise? (501 votes)

Pro-Mayo 67%
Anti-Mayo 33%

I think mayonnaise is disgusting and refuse to put it on anything. I was wondering what you duders felt about mayo. Pro-mayo or anti mayo?

#1 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4496 posts) -

Mayonnaise is the shit. I like it so much, sometimes I say fuck milk and eat a nice big bowl of Cap'n Crunch with mayo instead.

#2 Edited by Shikon (176 posts) -

I live in the Netherlands so i am pro-mayo! but i think our mayonnaise is different then from most countries? because there can't be this much hate on mayo if it was as good as the one i have!

#3 Edited by Animasta (14691 posts) -

I am pretty starchly anti mayo

#4 Posted by JadeGL (863 posts) -

Mayo is fine with me. It's not my favorite condiment, but without it you couldn't have a kick-ass chicken salad sandwich or poato salad. And what would go on your burger? Just ketchup? Madness!

#5 Posted by UngratefulDead (72 posts) -

Depends. On one hand, Mayo on sandwiches or burgers is absolutely disgusting. On the other, it wouldn't be potato salad without mayonnaise.

I guess that makes me Mayo-Neutural.

#6 Posted by super2j (1681 posts) -

Except for the various sauces that we didnt know are mayo based, I would burn the mayo factories to the ground. Its like using using liposuction to pull out the fat from people and putting it into a jar... i grossed myself out.

#7 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

Nah, I ain't feeling that mayo. If its a good sandwich I'll let it slide, but I usually don't fuck with that mayo, and seeing someone put mayo on top ramon disgusts me.

#8 Posted by Bane122 (789 posts) -

I'm about as pro mayo as you can get. Perfect burger dressing? Cheese and Mayo. Perfect condiment for fries? Mayo.

#9 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (743 posts) -

0:28

#10 Posted by TyCobb (1972 posts) -

Pro - Mayo

Anti - Miracle Whip

#11 Edited by Chaser324 (6527 posts) -

I guess I'm pro-mayo, but you've got to exercise some moderation. Nothing is worse than gobs of mayo leaking out the side of a sandwich.

#12 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

@acidbrandon18: I remember seeing that movie when I was a kid, LOL! Caucasian vision...

#13 Posted by TyCobb (1972 posts) -

Pro - Mayo

Anti - Miracle Whip

#14 Posted by Ben_H (3354 posts) -

Staunchly anti-mayo. I find it disgusting.

#15 Posted by TyCobb (1972 posts) -

Pro - Mayo

Anti - Miracle Whip

#16 Edited by jking47 (1211 posts) -

Anti-Mayo, but just because nobody understands what "light mayo" means. I either get none or like a quarter inch layer. It is fine when using a SMALL AMOUNT, other than that it gets kinda gnarly.

Also, @acidbrandon18 that movie is awesome I need to watch it again sometime.

#17 Posted by SeanCoughing (269 posts) -

As the guy above me stated, pro mayo anti miracle whip. Seriously who likes that shit?

#18 Posted by Pezen (1604 posts) -

My life is incomplete without mayo in the fridge. I mean, if I have a surprise serving of fries, I need to dip them suckers in something and ketchup is for noobs. Nah man. Mayo. Or if I need to make a really badass sandwich. I need something to grease up the layers, man. Butter just ain't going to cut it to the next level sandwich. Nah man. Mayo. Represent.

Jesus, I need to go to the gym instead of imagining what to do with all that mayo.

#19 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2294 posts) -

Fuck that shit! Also if anybody here has worked in a restaurant, seen the giant tub of mayonnaise, and didn't want to throw up at just the sight of that thing, then your not human.

#20 Posted by jimmyfenix (3854 posts) -

I AM PRO MAYO. MY OPINION IS FACT.

#22 Posted by Gamer_152 (14077 posts) -

I'm a pretty big mayonnaise fan as long as things aren't absolutely drenched in it.

#24 Edited by cutyoface (544 posts) -

Absolutely anti-mayonnaise.

#25 Posted by cutyoface (544 posts) -

Absolutely anti-mayonnaise.

#26 Posted by OldGuy (1557 posts) -

Pro. That said I'm not down with the store bought sludge that most people think of, I make my own.

#27 Edited by seveword (154 posts) -

Mayo is devilspawn. Why put mayo on something when you can lick a sidewalk and add just about as much flavor?

#28 Posted by nate6858 (164 posts) -

My usual workday lunch is a turkey or ham sandwich with mayo, sriracha and mustard or as I call them, the Three Condiments I Like on My Sandwiches.

#29 Posted by oldenglishC (957 posts) -

I should kick my own ass for saying this, but vegenaise is the best. I'm convinced there's some type of sorcery involved in the manufacturing process.

#30 Posted by MX (232 posts) -

@shikon said:

I live in the Netherlands so i am pro-mayo! but i think our mayonnaise is different then from most countries? because there can't be this much hate on mayo if it was as good as the one i have!

this basically

#31 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5005 posts) -

Mayonnaise is the shit. I like it so much, sometimes I say fuck milk and eat a nice big bowl of Cap'n Crunch with mayo instead.

I like your enthusiasm and I love mayo just like you do but the Cap'n Crunch thing is just a little bit too much.

#33 Posted by chiablo (929 posts) -

If you are making a burger, mayo is required, even if you don't like it.

What you do is smear a thin layer of mayo on the top and bottom bun. This creates a barrier that prevents burger juice from soaking the bun. I guarantee that you won't be able to taste the mayo, and the benefits from having a dry bun outweigh your discomfort.

#34 Posted by BeachThunder (11927 posts) -

This is not something that I am passionate about...

#35 Posted by BeachThunder (11927 posts) -

This is not something that I am passionate about...

#36 Posted by Hunter5024 (5670 posts) -

Mayonnaise is to food, what the holocaust is to society.

#38 Posted by SMTDante89 (2577 posts) -

I don't like mayonnaise, but I don't mind if other people like it.

#39 Edited by ichthy (511 posts) -

Pro, but only when used sparingly. Can't stand it when there's mayo oozing out of sandwiches.

#40 Posted by Stonyman65 (2703 posts) -

Pro-mayo but used in small amounts on sandwiches. I like a decent amount when making chicken salad or tuna salad or something like that.

#41 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

I don't put mayo on anything ever, but its a key ingredient in lots of things that I do like. So I'm pro-mayo.

#42 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

I don't put mayo on anything ever, but its a key ingredient in lots of things that I do like. So I'm pro-mayo.

#43 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5459 posts) -

Miracle Whip is good on almost everything. Straight mayo is good on most sandwiches, subs, and a handful of burgers; most notably the Olive Burger which is easy to make and tastes great; but there's also a fair number of things for which mayo makes no sense. There's certainly far worse things to eat than mayo, like butter, sour cream, anything that uses shortening, soda, and alcohol.

#44 Posted by gaminghooligan (1443 posts) -

@tycobb said:

Pro - Mayo

Anti - Miracle Whip

#45 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3051 posts) -

All the way for it.

#47 Posted by 34f3ecwdc3 (162 posts) -

My first vote on this forum, I ate a little bit today and I would had more of that, if it was not that fatty. Too much can be really gross.

#48 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

DEATH TO THE MAYONNAISE LOVERS!

#49 Posted by OldGuy (1557 posts) -

@chiablo said:

If you are making a burger, mayo is required, even if you don't like it.

What you do is smear a thin layer of mayo on the top and bottom bun. This creates a barrier that prevents burger juice from soaking the bun. I guarantee that you won't be able to taste the mayo, and the benefits from having a dry bun outweigh your discomfort.

Well, you don't need it on the top bun (since the cheese/lettuce/tomato/what have you does the job there - and you don't put the top bun on until the moment when you take the first bite anyway)... but on the bottom bun (along with a grind of pepper) the burger juice that shows up during the 3 minute rest period (all meat needs to rest after cooking - don't argue with me here) makes a sauce that is heavenly and changes the mayo into secret sauce that is to die for...

#50 Edited by Zeik (2424 posts) -

Definitely pro-mayo. It's probably my most used condiment.