• 113 results
#1 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

#2 Edited by Dany (7887 posts) -

I am curious to know what this community thinks about itself when it comes to humor.

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Of course not!

#4 Posted by JasonR86 (9652 posts) -

Depends on who you ask. I try to use humor when I work with clients (mental health) so that they can feel relaxed when they talk about difficult things. So far I haven't pissed anyone off yet so I guess there's that.

#5 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

I am the most boring person alive.

#6 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

I make people laugh here and there so I voted yes. I am usually one of the bright ones out of the party.

#7 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -

Funny? What that?

#8 Posted by N7 (3580 posts) -

I'm funny anywhere but on this forum. Somehow, someway, no matter what joke I make, I always piss someone off. Somehow everything I say just comes out as sludgey hatred. I could say something like "Hey Dany, we both are in mad manlove with Michael Fassbender!" and then someone will go "WHERE DO YOU GET OFF ASSUMING HE LOVES HIM!? YOU ARE RACIST" and then I spend the rest of the day crying inside.

#9 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@N7 said:

I'm funny anywhere but on this forum. Somehow, someway, no matter what joke I make, I always piss someone off. Somehow everything I say just comes out as sludgey hatred. I could say something like "Hey Dany, we both are in mad manlove with Michael Fassbender!" and then someone will go "WHERE DO YOU GET OFF ASSUMING HE LOVES HIM!? YOU ARE RACIST" and then I spend the rest of the day crying inside.

Yeah, that's totally wrong. Everybody knows me and Dany are in mad manlove with JGL, not Fassbender!

#10 Posted by j0lter (226 posts) -

Depends how drunk everyone else is.

#11 Posted by N7 (3580 posts) -

@McGhee said:

@N7 said:

Yeah, that's totally wrong. Everybody knows me and Dany are in mad manlove with JGL, not Fassbender!

LOVE IS OVER

#12 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@McGhee: @N7: I equally share my love for both JGL and Fassbender equally. The three of us should meet up to express our manlove together.

#13 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

I am not. My use of sarcastic wit can rarely be funny, but I don't have a good sense of humor in general.

#14 Posted by Milkman (16618 posts) -

I don't know. You tell me. 

#15 Edited by Dany (7887 posts) -

@Milkman said:

I don't know. You tell me.

I don't remember. :( Its been eons since I've posted regularly on this site.

#16 Edited by LD50 (416 posts) -

I'm incredibly hilarious but it's usually wasted on idiots, the humorless, or the English.

#17 Posted by ComradeKhan (687 posts) -

Not funny "ha ha", funny queer.

#18 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

I try to be funny all of the time. In reality, probably 90% of the stuff I say is completely random, tangential, annoying garbage that sounds kind of funny in my head, 5% would be funny if I was actually with people who could understand, and the other 5% is kind of humorous.

#19 Posted by Seastalk (123 posts) -

Maybe? I do make my girlfriend laugh a lot, I guess that counts for something.

#20 Posted by Encephalon (1240 posts) -

Nope. I've made people laugh before, but not nearly enough to self-identify as "funny."

#21 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Bitch, I'm hilarious.

I tend to be the sarcastic life of the party and I often identify myself as a servant of the laugh (sounded better in my head really).
Although people usually do that "oh fuck did she just say that?" kind of laughing around me because I'm quite outspoken and I have a amazing skill at weaving curse words into sentences without actually sounding hostile or insulting.
Advantage of being from The Hague I guess, just such a shame the whole thing is lost in translation in English :/

#22 Edited by pyromagnestir (4283 posts) -

I begrudgingly chose A, but the I think so part of it makes it sound so wishy washy. It lacks my confidence. I am funny.

#23 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6396 posts) -

I would say so, but my humor tends to be so straight-faced or in the details that it just goes over people's head most often, unfortunately.

#24 Posted by Geralt (317 posts) -

I'm good at inside jokes so I'm kinda end up boring on an internet forum.

#25 Posted by Coafi (1483 posts) -

You all think you are funny bunch, don't ya?!

#26 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I'm goddamn fucking hilarious.

#27 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -

I really thought it would be 100% yes.

#28 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

I'm a barrel o laughs me.

#29 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

When I'm comfortable around people, sure.

#30 Posted by NathHaw (2760 posts) -

I AM

#31 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

I do make people laugh sometimes. In a good way, I mean :D

#32 Edited by MentalDisruption (1621 posts) -

Well people usually laugh at my sarcastic humor/attitude, so I suppose that counts. I can also be pretty quick-witted when it comes to making a joke as long as it involves a discussion that I have some knowledge about. My tendency to have an extremely random/silly/crazy imagination about every day things also helps to funny up conversations. On internet forums, though, not so much. Too hard to convey my humor through plain text. Not really my thing.

#33 Posted by StarvingGamer (8128 posts) -

I am funny insofar as I have a personality that matches my own wry sense of humor.

#34 Posted by PK_Koopa (583 posts) -

I guess when I'm hanging out with friends, I'm the guy that makes people laugh most of the time. I'm no comedian, but if I'm with friends (either online or offline) then I guess I can be kinda funny. I focus on humour in my fictional works too, and it's been working pretty well with the small amount of readers I get.

#35 Posted by Virago (2486 posts) -

@Seastalk said:

Maybe? I do make my girlfriend laugh a lot, I guess that counts for something.

As long as she's laughing at the right stuff, you're doing great.

#36 Posted by CookieMonster (2416 posts) -

Whats the point of thinking you're not funny?

#37 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Only if I'm drunk, but then it's the laugh at me kind of funny instead of with me.

#38 Posted by Virago (2486 posts) -

@CookieMonster: Maybe if you don't want to be funny? If you prefer being the solemn, brooding type...

#39 Posted by ashogo (943 posts) -

I can be.

But it largely depends on my mood. And my mood is fickle.

#40 Posted by Lukeweizer (2639 posts) -

Yup.

#41 Posted by Sweep (8837 posts) -

I amuse myself on a daily basis.

#42 Posted by emem (1965 posts) -
@Sweep said:

I amuse myself on a daily basis.

Perfect answer, same here.
#43 Posted by A_Talking_Donkey (262 posts) -

I don't think so, though other people seem to.

#44 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

People say I am, yeah

#45 Posted by Devil240Z (3314 posts) -

I think people think they are funny but aren't. I know I think I am funny but I don't think I'm funny.

#46 Posted by Zaccheus (1792 posts) -

No. I appreciate humor immensely, but I'm definitely a consumer not a creator.

#47 Posted by CaLe (3945 posts) -

My mummy says I'm funny.

#48 Posted by Scrawnto (2440 posts) -

I think I used to be, but my social life has degraded such that I've gotten way slower with the quips than I used to be. Even when I do think of something that would be funny or clever nowadays, I usually trip over my tongue and the moment is lost. I really need to take some speaking lessons or something.

#49 Posted by Srah (81 posts) -

People I find comfortable hanging around with probably do. Well, I would hope. I question their taste though because I can't claim my jokes are clever at all... just ridiculously stupid.

And those people I'm uncomfortable talking to think I have a personality of a dirty dish rag, so there's that.

#50 Posted by Tebbit (4457 posts) -

Yes.

Straight up