#1 Edited by AmericanPegasus (392 posts) -

I personally don't see the problem with it.

#2 Posted by TheKing (835 posts) -

Me either. Whatever floats you're boat.

#3 Posted by Aarny91 (3912 posts) -

I don't mind it.

#4 Posted by h8smikemoore (155 posts) -

the government should get out of marriage all together

#5 Posted by Rex (82 posts) -

Considering marriage pre-existed religion, I find it ridiculous how religion can dictate this practice based on someone's sexual orientation. If religion is completely taken out of the equation though, I can see no reason why anyone would be against same-sex marriage. I'm not against it, that's for sure.

#6 Posted by WhySoSerious (646 posts) -

However you want to live your life, live it.  I don't really care.

#7 Posted by roylink (131 posts) -

I don't care about same sex marrage. Just as long as it dosen't affect me or my kids. 

#8 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

I don't have a problem with gays or same-sex marriage at all.

#9 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -

I'm against it.

#10 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

Only for attractive gays.

#11 Posted by Iffy350 (224 posts) -
TheKing said:
"Me either. Whatever floats you're boat.
"
Same here. Just don't marry a cow like the sea captain on The Simpson's. It was that episode where homer was left in charge of Mr. Burns mansion.
#12 Posted by RedShirt (24 posts) -

I don't care either way

#13 Posted by sheisty_shogun (256 posts) -
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"Only for attractive gays."
LOL...seriously though. The government should stay the fuck (please excuse the language) out of a lot of things, including marriage. If two people actually want to get married, they should be allowed.
#14 Posted by Bladefire (214 posts) -

I've got no problem with it.

#15 Edited by Omega (835 posts) -

Marriage is a stupid tradition, but if people wanna do it go for it. I draw the line at fictional characters and animals...thats just weird.

also I find it odd that no one has posted anything in this thread with a conservative view on the topic. I guess Jeff and the gang dont attract that kind on crowd? But then again this thread was just made 10 minutes ago.

Edit: oops, guess I took to long writing the post.

#16 Posted by megagene (140 posts) -

I'm for it.

#17 Posted by Katatonic (41 posts) -

I for the legalization of it, but I also don't quite agree with the "meh, live your life however you want as long as it doesn't affect me" mentality.  It doesn't affect me if a father marries his 12 year old daughter to his brother to be raped for years just to keep her pregnant, but it's still wrong.

#18 Posted by SolemnOaf (535 posts) -
Rex said:
"Considering marriage pre-existed religion, I find it ridiculous how religion can dictate this practice based on someone's sexual orientation. If religion is completely taken out of the equation though, I can see no reason why anyone would be against same-sex marriage. I'm not against it, that's for sure.
"

I demand proof of this pre-existance. 

anyways, as far as the topic is concerned, i'm for gay marriage.  And when I say for, I mean really for.  Like, are any of you guys single right now?
#19 Posted by AmericanPegasus (392 posts) -
twenty0ne said:
"I'm against it.
"
Why
#20 Posted by smokingsbad (8 posts) -

i don't really mind

#21 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

Agressively against >:(

#22 Posted by HomoPocket (47 posts) -

I'm totally for it!

#23 Posted by Colonel_Cool (808 posts) -
Katatonic said:
"I for the legalization of it, but I also don't quite agree with the "meh, live your life however you want as long as it doesn't affect me" mentality.  It doesn't affect me if a father marries his 12 year old daughter to his brother to be raped for years just to keep her pregnant, but it's still wrong."
By "it doesn't affect me", it means "it doesn't hurt me, or anyone else". If someone did something terrible like in your example, it would be hurting other people. I'm all for it, as long as they're both human and both consensual about it.
#24 Posted by MadExponent (305 posts) -

Penises go into vaginas for reproduction and thats the point...thats pretty much how I feel.

#25 Posted by AmericanPegasus (392 posts) -

If you're against it please say why.

#26 Posted by ManlyBeast (1156 posts) -

Are we just going to bring over every topic from gamespot to here?

and whatever floats your boat...

#27 Edited by Eisen (132 posts) -

I would prefer that marriage is just done a local level through religious or other social systems.  There is really no reason for the Government to be involved in personal matters such as Marriage, regardless of what level of government it is on.  With that said, I do not have any problem with same-sex marriage as everyone should be able to live their social lives how they see fit as long as it does not involve endangering others.

#28 Posted by SaintLeonidas (173 posts) -

It doesnt bother me, and shouldnt bother anyone else. if they want to get married, then let them.

#29 Posted by 7hesuperin7enden7 (4 posts) -

against

#30 Posted by Schadenfreude (206 posts) -

I'm for it. I am not religious and it would no affect me in anyway. I believe homosexuals deserve the right to get married or at least have all the same rights marred couples do.

#31 Posted by Rex (82 posts) -
SolemnOaf said:
"Rex said:
"Considering marriage pre-existed religion, I find it ridiculous how religion can dictate this practice based on someone's sexual orientation. If religion is completely taken out of the equation though, I can see no reason why anyone would be against same-sex marriage. I'm not against it, that's for sure.
"

I demand proof of this pre-existance. 
Marriage has been around since Ancient Greek and Roman times.
#32 Posted by eightbit (123 posts) -

I'm not only for it, I think it should be mandatory.

But seriously, love is love, man.  Let people love who they want to love.

#33 Posted by TimeWaffle (946 posts) -

i don't get why people are so against it. i mean let people be who they are 

#34 Edited by Omega (835 posts) -
MadExponent said:
"Penises go into vaginas for reproduction and thats the point...thats pretty much how I feel."

I think you missed the point the debate is about gay marriage not gay sex. And animals reproduce without being married so I'm not getting the connection you made here.
#35 Posted by sdodd02 (722 posts) -

For, it's the couples decision.

#36 Posted by Iffy350 (224 posts) -

If they legalize divorce then you get stuck at the hip for life. That would be a good counter balance to gay marriage. Of course straight couples might get shafted too if this were a law.

#37 Posted by sheisty_shogun (256 posts) -
MadExponent said:
"Penises go into vaginas for reproduction and thats the point...thats pretty much how I feel."
Thats the point of heterosexual sex for reproduction...not always marriage dude.
#38 Posted by Iffy350 (224 posts) -

Oops. I meant to say make divorce illegal so people are forced to stay married. Sorry for that error and the double post.

#39 Posted by nat (217 posts) -

If 2 fellas wanna get married, grats to them..

why should anyone care what other people do :X

#40 Posted by sheisty_shogun (256 posts) -
Iffy350 said:
"If they legalize divorce then you get stuck at the hip for life. That would be a good counter balance to gay marriage. Of course straight couples might get shafted too if this were a law.
"
Whizziwhat?
#41 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I'm fine with the idea, but when I see a gay couple out in public it's very awkward. So I'm for and against it, enjoy your life I just don't want to see it. :[

#42 Posted by DirtyTime (29 posts) -

I don't agree with it, but we have freewill. Let people make their own choices. 

#43 Posted by Yagami (590 posts) -

Am gay, and yeah, you bet i'm for it.

#44 Posted by Batman (1016 posts) -

Nah, I'm neutral.  If they want to get married, go for it.  I don't really care.

#45 Posted by Dj (913 posts) -

Im totally neutral on the matter.

#46 Posted by Just_Insane (1080 posts) -

well im for it...i'm bi and if I ended up with a guy in the end it would be nice to get married...so yeah

#47 Edited by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -

Homosexuals have the right to get married. I'm bi by the way.

#48 Posted by Ultimate_pwr_rngr (774 posts) -

I'm against these type of threads. They suck.

#49 Posted by AmericanPegasus (392 posts) -

,e too but that's natural

#50 Posted by bananarider (20 posts) -

for it kinda, i just want all that pre-marital sex to stop...

lol.....

seriously: who cares but faggles and right wing cowboys?