• 87 results
#1 Posted by Video_Game_King (35824 posts) -
#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (35824 posts) -

I only ask this because I do it. I'm just too lazy to go down and select my individual birth date, month, and year, and I want to know if anybody else says, "Fuck it", and just selects whatever random year gets them the video.

#3 Posted by SBYM (1219 posts) -

Of course. OF COURSE.

#4 Posted by Gamer_152 (14050 posts) -

Yep. I'm over 18 but with those drop-down menus you get it's much easier to just input any age over 18 than going to the trouble of entering your exact birthday.

#5 Edited by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Dude I just click on the quickest year and leave it Jan 1.

#6 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -

No, my birthday just happens to be January 1st, whatever the earliest year they offer.

#7 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

Don't give a damn, and don't want to release my birthday on the internet. Since 1991 is usually the last thing to show up on dropdown menus now, I just click that.

#8 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -

Most of them think I was born on 1/1/1938 or whatever I scroll to

#9 Posted by TheHT (10804 posts) -

Yeah, I still say I'm 40-70  years old. I just scroll down haphazardly.

#10 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3481 posts) -

Yeah, I'm usually 70-80 years old >.>

#11 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

Yeah... I just don't really care to enter my exact birthdate. There's no point.

#12 Posted by Daveyo520 (6651 posts) -

Yup, I am 22 but my fake bday is like January 1st and what ever year I scroll too, useally like the 50s :P

#13 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

too lazy to put my real date, rather just put a fake one faster.

#14 Posted by crusader8463 (14411 posts) -

Yes.  I always say I was born January 1st, 1900. I understand they have to, but it's just ludicrous and insulting that they have to have them. It doesn't stop anything.

#15 Posted by inknail (155 posts) -

I have no idea why, but yes. I usually end up only a few years older than I actually am though.

#16 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

Click year. Scroll to the bottom. Click OK.

#17 Posted by PS3RG (424 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
"  I only ask this because I do it. I'm just too lazy to go down and select my individual birth date, month, and year, and I want to know if anybody else says, "Fuck it", and just selects whatever random year gets them the video.  "
Too lazy to scroll down. SOMETIMES.
#18 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4577 posts) -
@mylifeforAiur said:
" Yeah, I'm usually 70-80 years old >.> "
#19 Posted by Brendan (7666 posts) -

Whatever\ is fastest.  Which is never my birthday. 
#20 Posted by Karmann (622 posts) -

Jan 1st 1980 !

#21 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

To whichever age I scroll down the list. That normally means born in 1960 or something.

#22 Posted by Azteck (7450 posts) -

I'm not 18. Still 4 months to go ):

#23 Posted by zonerover (584 posts) -

Yeah. Unless its for something important like signing up for Paypal or a job application, its just far easier to pick something random. Age gates are completely useless (which is why Giant Bomb is smart in doing what they do).

#24 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1041 posts) -

I just go with 1/1/19?? where the ?? is decided on how far down the years I get by hitting the scroll wheel once. And I'm 20 years old. Not going to spend the time putting my actual birthday on there.

#25 Posted by mm665 (407 posts) -

Everyone on internet is born on January 1.

#26 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Yep, always going for the fastest.

#27 Posted by Video_Game_King (35824 posts) -
@mm665 said:
" Everyone on internet is born on January 1. "
For some reason, that has me wondering if there's a website which calculates the approximate day your parents had sex based on what your birthday is.
#28 Posted by mm665 (407 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" @mm665 said:
" Everyone on internet is born on January 1. "
For some reason, that has me wondering if there's a website which calculates the approximate day your parents had sex based on what your birthday is. "
Wut?
#29 Edited by Jeust (10451 posts) -

Yeah, I generaly declare I was born in January 1, 1900.  

And the applications tend to accept it. Dumb fucks! 

#30 Posted by Video_Game_King (35824 posts) -
@mm665: 

It's my thread, so I can say whatever weird-ass shit I want to say :P.
#31 Posted by D34thFr3nzy (3 posts) -

I can't tell you how many times I've selected 1900 as my birth year.

#32 Posted by Hailinel (23677 posts) -

Age gates are more a formality than actual security, but even so, I still use my actual age.  There's really no reason to hide it.  Though, I have accidentally clicked the play button on gated GB videos before setting my age on occasion.  What's the point of even putting the gate in if the default age is old enough to view the content? :P

#33 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -

I am a lazy motherfucker, and almost never go through the trouble of putting in my actual birth date. 

#34 Posted by BeachThunder (11642 posts) -

We are all tarnishing the names of those who really were born Jan 1 :(

#35 Posted by Red12b (9073 posts) -

I usually scroll down and pick the age my pointer is hovering over, 

that's right mister gamespot I was born in 1868....
#36 Posted by Mrnitropb (2090 posts) -

I'm looking forward to/fear when these things get smart and go Hey you said you were 44 in the last video! No fair!"

#37 Posted by Skald (4366 posts) -

January 1, 1900

#38 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" Dude I just click on the quickest year and leave it Jan 1. "
lol i thought i was the only one who went to january 1st. it's an easy click.
#39 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Who wastes their time on that with that if the website is not even going to bother remembering it.

#40 Posted by DystopiaX (5291 posts) -

yes. I scroll to a random year and click it because it's not worth my time.

#41 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

Count me as part of the minority.  I was never bothered entering in my birthday in the verifications.  Just doesn't feel like it takes that long myself.  It is true though that many, many people are too lazy to add a few extra clicks to do something like that correctly.

#42 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Jan 1st 19 sumthing sumthing

#43 Posted by RobotHamster (4170 posts) -

But I really was born Jan 1 1901.

#44 Posted by dyong (331 posts) -

Even when the age is set to the arbitrary legal limit by default, I take the time to put the age to as old as possible, just because I can.

#45 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I use my real birthday, always have. I'm not sure why, maybe it helps me remember it.

#46 Posted by JJWeatherman (14553 posts) -

It would be funny to see some data taken from age gates. 95% of people were born on January 1st? Who knew?

#47 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5135 posts) -

I was born on Jan 1st 1890.

#48 Posted by animathias (1161 posts) -

Yup. Most videos think I'm born on January 1st of some weird year. Usually it's like 100 years ago or something crazy. I also get a little frustrated if I don't scroll through the years enough that it keeps me logged out, which is probably why I started scrolling down so far.

You'd think they'd say something about you saying you're born on 1/1/1904, but they don't.

#49 Posted by NTM (7234 posts) -

Yes I do. I'm too impatient to look for my actual birth date. Those things are dumb, it should save when you put a date in.
#50 Posted by Meptron (1073 posts) -

i pick a totally random date. sometimes, I'll pick something like 1900, just because I can.