• 53 results
#1 Posted by Im_a_Wizard (51 posts) -

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (35830 posts) -

I dunno.

#3 Edited by mandude (2667 posts) -

If your parents judge you, then their judgement is probably invalid.

#4 Posted by TheHumanDove (2502 posts) -

Im a test tube baby bro

#5 Posted by MikkaQ (10263 posts) -

I don't really care if they are or not since I'm my own person and all that.

If they feel the money they spent raising me was wasted, then I hope they live a long ass time, because that's gonna take a while to refund.

#6 Posted by DukesT3 (1888 posts) -

I highly doubt it.

#7 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Yes. I have a job, great school grades (graduated from high school 3 years ago), I'm clean, help them out, etc.. 

The only complaints are the fact that I sleep a lot, and that I need to get to university already (I am ONE EXAM away from applying to anything I want. Should be studying for it now, but I'm not).

#8 Posted by myketuna (1644 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

Yes. I have a job, great school grades (graduated from high school 3 years ago), I'm clean, help them out, etc.. The only complaints are the fact that I sleep a lot, and that I need to get to university already (I am ONE EXAM away from applying to anything I want. Should be studying for it now, but I'm not).

Almost exactly the same except I'll be starting my 3rd semester at my university this fall.

But the same complaint of sleeping. I'm a night owl, what can I say?

#9 Edited by Red12b (9073 posts) -

your mother is always satisfied with me. . . . . .

#10 Posted by OhdK2 (48 posts) -

yes. but i demand a lot from myself so it's more of a side effect

#11 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

My father seems extremely satisfied with me, especially now that I've gotten accepted into a pretty great media production school.

#12 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4904 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

My father seems extremely satisfied with me, especially now that I've gotten accepted into a pretty great media production school.

You got in? Congratulations!

#13 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Cloudenvy said:

You got in? Congratulations!

Sure did! thanks!

#14 Posted by Yummylee (21208 posts) -

Maybe, I dunno. Proud might be the wrong word, but I don't think she's ashamed of me or anything. The majority of my family is made up of fuck ups and morons anywhoo so standards aren't very high. I don't do drugs, I didn't become a dad at 16 (still ain't at 22), and I've never been arrested. So, Hell, I think I do OK all things considered.

#15 Posted by dr_nefarious (1613 posts) -

Yes, I believe they're.

#16 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

I am dual majoring in college, have a decent job, keep out of trouble as often as I can, so yeah I would have to think they are.

#17 Posted by Jeust (10451 posts) -

Somewhat.

#18 Posted by pyromagnestir (4195 posts) -

I don't even think they know what the hell I'm doing.

#19 Posted by DonutFever (3548 posts) -

I picked C, but it's probably something between C and D. 

We get into some pretty bad arguements, we don't really share any interests, and I don't really have any, well, skills. I'm good at what I like to think is a lot of things, but I'm not great at anything.

#20 Posted by Carlos1408 (1489 posts) -

I'd say they're quite proud of me. I just finished my degree and got a 2.1; I was never really a very good student before I went to uni so I think they're quite happy. I finally bloomed. :D

#21 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

My parents have always told me to do what I want to do with my life and to be me. At moments, my parents seem exceptionally proud of me and my plans for the future; at other times, however, they seem to really resent my goals and almost try to set up ones they created for me.

So, moderately for sure

#22 Posted by Stonyman65 (2570 posts) -

I think so, but I am getting the whole "cut your hair and get a job" speech, but who hasn't in their early 20s?

#23 Posted by Doctorchimp (4067 posts) -

They're dead dick.

#24 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

Not really.

#25 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

I suppose so, managed to pick up a high paying job straight after college, but they were disappointed when I came out.

#26 Posted by robot4me (193 posts) -

I don't care. My dad is a junkie dope addict and my mom is a long hair long skirt crazy jesus freak.

#27 Posted by NathHaw (2760 posts) -

@mandude said:

If your parents judge you, then their judgement is probably invalid.

#28 Posted by Jace (1092 posts) -

They are. Even though I sort of went off of the beaten path they set out for me.Reading a simple book really changed my perspective on things. Then I spent some time around people higher up in the business world and that was it for me, no more desire to go to law school.

#29 Posted by Bigheart711 (1252 posts) -

I doubt it considering all the bad arguments that we've been through. Plus, we hardly have anything in common these days. :(

#30 Posted by Marcsman (3094 posts) -

Don't know and don't care.

#31 Posted by JasonR86 (9587 posts) -

Where's the option for 'Fucking what?'

#32 Posted by Unilad (554 posts) -

they should be....but no. I don't get on well with them.

#33 Posted by Positrark (315 posts) -

I'm pretty sure they are. I'm working on a PhD and generally behave quite well so they seem pretty proud. My dad even brought my dissertation for the Master's degree to work to show to his employees how insane it looked (my subject is math so it can seem like gibberish if you're not experienced with the terminology). In addition they're pretty great parents so I get the impression they mostly care about me being happy.

#34 Posted by Cyrus_Saren (529 posts) -

Probably.

#35 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

Yes, because im not a piece of shit person.

#36 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

I'm kind, smart, successful, and just got married to a wonderful girl they like.

Even my parents have to acknowledge I'm alright at this stage!

#37 Edited by Chop (1992 posts) -

I don't see how they possibly could be.

#38 Edited by Sweep (8790 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

I dunno.

The amount of nothing you have to contribute is outstanding :D

*trolls VGK some more*

And yeah, in answer to the OP, I have pretty much done exactly what I said I wanted to do with my life, so my parents have nothing to complain about. Rockin' it.

#39 Posted by Video_Game_King (35830 posts) -

@Sweep said:

@Video_Game_King said:

I dunno.

*trolls VGK some more*

That's what I'm best at: nothing.

*makes things depressing as all hell*

#40 Posted by Sweep (8790 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Sweep said:

@Video_Game_King said:

I dunno.

*trolls VGK some more*

That's what I'm best at: nothing.

*makes things depressing as all hell*

Eurgh, I just clicked on that link at work and Katawa Shoujo just flashed all over my screen. Thanks for that :|

#41 Posted by Video_Game_King (35830 posts) -

@Sweep:

What? It's not like I'm linking to the titties or anything. Besides, you need to get on Katawa Shoujo, man. That shit's fucking awesome.

#42 Posted by Sweep (8790 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Sweep:

What? It's not like I'm linking to the titties or anything. Besides, you need to get on Katawa Shoujo, man. That shit's fucking awesome.

I did play it! I spent an hour on steam shouting "This game is fucking stupid" and "I want to kill everyone at this school" at you, while you chanted "Fuck Rin" at me like you were trying to induct me into a fucking cult.

In a desperate attempt to get back on topic: If there was one way to ensure that my parents would be dissatisfied with my progress through life, it would be to play Katawa Shoujo.

#43 Posted by Video_Game_King (35830 posts) -

@Sweep said:

If there was one way to ensure that my parents would be dissatisfied with my progress through life, it would be to play Katawa Shoujo.

Your parents suck :P :|.

#44 Posted by Hunter5024 (5508 posts) -

I feel like the shape of the graph means something... but it's beyond me.

#45 Posted by Kidavenger (3487 posts) -

I'm running the family business now and they rarely come in to work anymore, so I'd say they are pretty happy.

#46 Posted by Im_a_Wizard (51 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

I feel like the shape of the graph means something... but it's beyond me.

Bell curve with an average leaning towards stronger satisfaction. Of course, these results aren't necessarily accurate, due to the method they were acquired by. I would ask if people are satisfied with their kids, but I'm not sure how many parents there are on these forums, and of them, how many have kids of an age where they can expect the regular (job, general productivity, etc.)

#47 Posted by skipper00 (57 posts) -

I think they are. Just finished by degree in psychology and I am going to teach in South Korea next year. Compared to the rest of my extended family I'm doing pretty well. I don't do drugs and I have never been to prison.

#48 Posted by Kaiserreich (681 posts) -

My parents are DEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDD!

#49 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

nope and i dont really care. i live my life the way i want and they do thier own thing. i think it probly has somthing to do with them not being satisfied with thier lives. either way i dont really care. if my old man were to die tomorrow it wouldnt bother me in the least. if my mother died. id probly be mildly upset. out of the two of them, she was the nicest to me but i somtimes think the reason im so fucked up in the head is because of how she raised me.

Meh.

#50 Posted by Cheesebob (1230 posts) -

I satisfy my parents