#1 Edited by Coolarman (698 posts) -

Armond White is probably one of the most dumbest film critics out there. Now normally i don't attack a critics opinion but with the case of White I have to make an exception. He has made review after review of films that offer no practical reason as to why they are bad. He just simply says that the film was bad. One of my favorite films of this year was District 9 and he gave it a bad review. I read his review and i don't understand why he didn't like it. If he brought up some concrete argument against the film I would accept his review but i would disagree with it. Not to mention how much of a pompous asshole that he is. He raves about how other people don't know about films and that he is the supreme now it all of film. Also he gave positive reviews to some of the worst films to come out this year such as Transformers 2, G.I. Joe, and Terminator Salvation. Fuck man i just don't get this guy and the only conclusion i can come to is that he is a troll. All he wants to do be is that one person who didn't like the film on Rotten Tomatoes and piss a whole bunch of people off. He always seems to enjoy anything made by Steven Spielberg. Whether its produced or directed by Steven Spielberg he loves it. Now i love Spielberg as much as the next guy but some of his producer choices are terrible such as the above mentioned Transformers 2. I can keep going on and on about everything wrong with this guy but i want to hear the Communities thoughts on this. 

EDIT: here is a link to one of his reviews for people who are wondering who he is and how dumb his reviews are. 

http://www.nypress.com/article-20206-from-mothership-to-bullship.html

#2 Posted by Xeiphyer (5602 posts) -

-1 points for block of text
-1 points for not being a blog
-1 points for not giving a single example from one of his reviews
-1 points for your own bias
-1 points for no links

^Fix and you will get taken more seriously.

Also, film critics are stupid, just watch a trailer, if you like it, go see the movie. I find that film critics are considerably older than me so their interests are not going to be the same as mine, so I don't bother paying attention to any one person. If the general consensus is that a movie is bad, I'll probably skip it.. unless its a movie I know is bad.. like Dragonball: Evolution. Which was terrible...y awesome.

#3 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

What are you on about?

#4 Posted by Delta_Ass (3274 posts) -

Yea, him and Stephanie Zacharek are pretty nuts.

#5 Posted by deusdigit (572 posts) -

Don't take the negative opinion from the poster up top, she/he's only mad because Your post wasn't convenient  for him/her. Anyway, i understand what you are saying. There are simply some film critics i cannot stand. But you are right, GI JOE and transformers 2 are terrible. 

However, Terminator Salvation wasn't all that bad. I often listen to rogerebert's opinion on movies. He's been around the longest and gives a Really good indepth opinion of why he didn't enjoy the film. There are simply some critics who miss the point entirely or just act immature toward the reivew.

#6 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

Why don't you post a link to one of his reviews if your gonna talk about them. Then we can agree or disagree.  

Right now it just looks like your ranting off.

#7 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

who the fuck is Armond White and why should anyone care?

#8 Posted by KennyPowers (247 posts) -

stopped reading at "most dumbest"

#9 Posted by Coolarman (698 posts) -
@Tactical_Kill said:
"

Why don't you post a link to one of his reviews if your gonna talk about them. Then we can agree or disagree.  

Right now it just looks like your ranting off.

"
I posted link right now. I edited the first link so check out. 
#10 Posted by nick_verissimo (1383 posts) -

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if it's extremely wrong and annoying.
Just ignore him.

#11 Posted by Bucketdeth (8005 posts) -

What the fuck has happened to these forums, everyone is becoming grumpy fuckheads. 

But to add anything to this conversation, I have never read any of that dudes reviews.

#12 Posted by Coolarman (698 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
" What the fuck has happened to these forums, everyone is becoming grumpy fuckheads.  But to add anything to this conversation, I have never read any of that dudes reviews. "
Good thing you haven't read any of his reviews.  

Kudos my friend for avoiding him as long as possible
#13 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
" What the fuck has happened to these forums, everyone is becoming grumpy fuckheads.  But to add anything to this conversation, I have never read any of that dudes reviews. "
this.
#14 Edited by KennyPowers (247 posts) -

I know nothing about him.  Is he one of those guys who thinks its only a good movie if its an arthouse movie about gays, drugs, or self discovery?  I had never heard of him until now, but I usually try and stay away from film, music, and TV critics.  There are only a few critics who can consistently avoid bias and hype/expectations. 

EDIT:  Right after I wrote this, I thought of the South Park where the city hosts an independent film festival and every movie is about gay cowboys eating pudding

#15 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@KennyPowers said:
" stopped reading at "most dumbest" "
Same here. The pot calling the kettle black.
#16 Posted by inkeiren (989 posts) -

Yeah, I don't like the way you formatted your text, but I have to agree with you that Armond is annoying. I don't know that he's a troll, though.

#17 Posted by Coolarman (698 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @KennyPowers said:
" stopped reading at "most dumbest" "
Same here. The pot calling the kettle black. "
sorry about my dumb ass grammar mistake 

@inkeiren said:
" Yeah, I don't like the way you formatted your text, but I have to agree with you that Armond is annoying. I don't know that he's a troll, though. "
sorry about how i formatted it.
#18 Posted by Bruce (5264 posts) -

I think you're more of a troll for bringing something as stupid as a "Dumb movie critic" to our attention.

#19 Posted by jmrwacko (2443 posts) -

I hate Armond White. But then again, successful troll is successful.

#20 Posted by chstupid (806 posts) -
#21 Posted by Giantsquirrel (601 posts) -

I feel like this is a non-issue. If you think he's an idiot who doesn't deserve getting paid for his opinions, go for his job.  Try to do better than him.

In the end, even if he's an idiot, he's still an idiot who's getting paid.

#22 Posted by wrecks (2232 posts) -

Who? What?