Arrested Development - Season 4 incoming!

• 166 results
OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OfficeGamer

http://screencrush.com/arrested-development-season-4-photos-ew/

Holy shit season 4! This bit is crazy:

Near of a month to the day, ‘Arrested Development’ will hold its long-awaited return as Netflix releases all 15 (yep, 15!) episodes of the reunion season at once on May 26

This is gonna be awesome.

GOB 2.0
GOB 2.0
Buster stressing out
Buster stressing out

Oh yeeeahh
Oh yeeeahh

Maebe looks old and her mom looks like a nosejob'd skeleton in this one
Maebe looks old and her mom looks like a nosejob'd skeleton in this one

The best bad parents are back
The best bad parents are back

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Funkydupe

What is this show about?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

What is this show about?

A lot of really dumb shit and stupid family that does it. It's really great. I highly recommend it.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

Weird that Buster isn't on any of the three EW covers. Also I should probably know that actor's name.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

Are you just finding out about this? I envy you. Been on the edge of my seat for a year.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jsnyder82
Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mariachimacabre: Does it have an ongoing story/plot or is it more of a sitcom format where there's a new thing every episode?

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OfficeGamer

@funkydupe said:

@mariachimacabre: Does it have an ongoing story/plot or is it more of a sitcom format where there's a new thing every episode?

It has an ongoing story, and the way the characters deal with the conditions the story leads to is hilarious. A lot of strange twists and clever references.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Yeah there's a plot that connects each episode. For instance, an ongoing story was that fact that the head of the family (Jeffrey Tambor) was doing business in Iraq while the was going on and his attempts to escape custody (like living in the walls of his house and framing his brother who is also played by Jeffrey Tambor). It's really funny. Just go watch it.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Daneian

@funkydupe said:

It has an ongoing story, and the way the characters deal with the condition the story leads to is hilarious. A lot of strange twists and hilarious references.

Its almost as if the entire series had been planned in advance. There is an insane amount of depth not only to the plot but to the characters, their motications and psychology and the jokes. George Sr's progression alone is awesome.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Optix12

Have a day gig to go to on that day but thats perfect hangover day tv watching. cant wait for this, hope it is super well received so something else may happen

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Scrawnto

It's very much an ongoing thing. That's part of why it didn't do so well on broadcast TV, but also why it's held in such high regard among people who watched it through from start to finish. People who tried to jump in to the middle of things weren't able to easily pick up on the character driven humor, tone, and plot.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daneian said:
@officegamer said:

@funkydupe said:

It has an ongoing story, and the way the characters deal with the condition the story leads to is hilarious. A lot of strange twists and hilarious references.

Its almost as if the entire series had been planned in advance. There is an insane amount of depth not only to the plot but to the characters, their motications and psychology and the jokes. George Sr's progression alone is awesome.

Yeah, there are really minor jokes that pay off like a dozen or more episodes later to be the most hilarious thing ever. It's pretty much the best example of building up jokes over time i can think of.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

Shit yeah! Although, there's still a couple episodes I need to catch up on. 53 episodes, in fact. Yeah I've never seen the show. Don't even know what it's about. BUT I'M STILL PSYCHED.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By EuanDewar

god im pumped

YA FREAK BITCHHHH

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daneian said:
@officegamer said:

@funkydupe said:

Yeah, there are really minor jokes that pay off like a dozen or more episodes later to be the most hilarious thing ever. It's pretty much the best example of building up jokes over time i can think of.

And it just keeps on giving. You'll notice things on the thirtieth view that you never noticed before. I was five years in and had watched every episode at least ten times before i'd noticed that when the model home was painted, they had painted around the furniture. If you know the show, that's perfect.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Is Gene Parmesan or Gob's magic show music on it? Because that's the two things that were great on the show. The rest varied from meh to good (although I enjoyed the show becoming more meta by the end)

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

It's back. Cause there's always money in the banana stand.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Have any of the Netflix produced shows ever gone into a second season, i.e. what are the chances of this continuing? or is this all we are going to get?

I like that Netflix is putting out original content, but the way they just dump it all at once makes it hard to see how anything they do could lead into an ongoing project.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidavenger: As far as I know, they only just started doing this, right? So I think it's too early to know whether this will be an ongoing thing.

I do find it odd that they're dumping them all at once. One would think they'd spread it out to give people a reason to keep subscribing. Hopefully it works out for them though, as I've gotten used to watching shows in large chunks on Netflix rather than week by week.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#23  Edited By Kidavenger

@zeik:I think House of Cards has been out long enough that we would have heard if there would be a second season, I haven't watched it yet so I have no idea if it warrants one.

If the series have complete stories I guess it's fine, treat them more like a really long movie, it's just weird bringing back a seasonal show in this way.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Weeee

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I am excited but also am entirely prepared in the event that it's a disappointment.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

Maebe looks 30 now, but Jr. still manages to look like a 13 year old. Interesting...

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maebe looks 30 now, but Jr. still manages to look like a 13 year old. Interesting...

God/Science is a misogynist
God/Science is a misogynist

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is this show about?

i so fucking envy you in a way

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@kidavenger: Yes, House of Cards definitely warrants a second season, and apparently shooting starts pretty soon. Netflix also just released an earnings report this week that said they got 2 million new subscribers since the season one release, so I think they're definitely going to want to keep releasing original content that can pull in those sorts of numbers.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BisonHero

I figured the kids would look most noticeably older, but Portia de Rossi seems to have lost all baby fat, fat, muscle, or any other tissue that used to be in her cheeks. Maybe the pictures in the first post are just really unflattering and she looks fine, or something. Compare to her in the original run of the show:

No Caption Provided

It's hard to encapsulate the attitude of Lindsey's character in a single image for the cover of a magazine, but the pose and expression they went with on Entertainment are weird.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^want that shirt

:|

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love this quote from the creator about how much the characters have "changed" in the years since we saw them last:

“This year is about the enduring entanglements of family. They are 10 years older than when we met, so that means emotionally they’re, like, two years older than we met them. Amazing things happen when one goes from being emotionally 12 years old to emotionally being 14 years old.”

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This incoming load of Tobias is making me excited.

On a side note, has Maeby done anything with her career since? Every other actor in that show, ever, was or is great. Similar to how Freaks and Geeks had a sleeper killer cast.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ll_Exile_ll
No Caption Provided

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

Wowwww. I thought they were going to make a movie instead but this is way better.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ll_Exile_ll
TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lindsay also looks to have been hit hard by age. I did not recognize her in that picture of her on the couch with Gob and Tobias. Getting old sucks.

It's going to be really weird seeing Maebe as a much older adult. Shit, I can't imagine what it will be like if I tried to watch the full series before this season starts. I think I will refrain myself until after.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@tycobb: I think the compression on the image was unkind to her more than age. The other image looks pretty okay.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TyCobb

@mordeaniischaos: Hopefully. The difference being is that the couch picture is likely not modified in Photoshop while the EW cover would have been. Probably just a weird angle, but she definitely looked like another actress and I actually thought they replaced Portia until I scrolled down.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ripelivejam

@tycobb said:

@mordeaniischaos said:

Lindsay also looks to have been hit hard by age. I did not recognize her in that picture of her on the couch with Gob and Tobias. Getting old sucks.

It's going to be really weird seeing Maebe as a much older adult. Shit, I can't imagine what it will be like if I tried to watch the full series before this season starts. I think I will refrain myself until after.

she looks FI-YINE here (though you can tell she's older. it HAS been 6+ years since the end of the show, you know. still think she's pretty hot though i don't have a chance w/ her for... obvious reasons...)

No Caption Provided

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

15 new episodes of Arrested Development at once!? Amazing. Hope they're awesome.

BobSacamano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BobSacamano

Every new promo image I see gets me more and more excited. Definitely going to have to squeeze in a full 53 episode rewatch before marathoning them all on May 26th. Can't wait!

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By OfficeGamer
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Phrasing...
Phrasing...
@ripelivejam said:

@tycobb said:

@mordeaniischaos said:

she looks FI-YINE here (though you can tell she's older. it HAS been 6+ years since the end of the show, you know. still think she's pretty hot though i don't have a chance w/ her for... obvious reasons...)

Check out the above pictures for age effect!

Here's the link to Lindsay's picture: https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/733996_252540318225814_2077768792_n.jpg

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I was trying to temper my expectations in the event that it's a giant disappointment, but after rewatching the series a couple of months ago and seeing all of these promos my excitement is growing unreasonable. I may have squealed a bit.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@tycobb said:

@mordeaniischaos said:

No Caption Provided

Hey, Ellen here. 'Sup? U Jelly?

Hahaha! I'm hittin' dat.
Hahaha! I'm hittin' dat.
supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By supamon

@officegamer: Those posters are amazing, had me grinning and laughing at the end.

EDIT: can't get chicken dance gifs to work :(

MLeeLunsford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Did you say bees?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f71e1dc474f5
deactivated-5f71e1dc474f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points