• 87 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1409 posts) -

I'm finishing my second bachelor's in Electrical Engineering after my first in Geology. I minored in Math. You? And PHD's or Master's Students out there?

#2 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

School of Internet :)

#3 Posted by JammyJesus (769 posts) -

Bsc. in Multimedia and Digital Entertainment Computing. 

#4 Posted by crusader8463 (14411 posts) -

High School and 2 years of college in 3D Graphics Game Design and Animation.

#5 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10341 posts) -

Currently in second year of college. 

Online
#6 Posted by Skullo (646 posts) -

HS and getting my ass kicked at the retard factory. I fucking hate it.

#7 Edited by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

On my last year.  Bachelor in Computer Science.

#8 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1409 posts) -
@Green_Incarnate said:
" On my last year.  Bachelor in Computer Science. "
Did you have to take Differential Equations 2 or did you just take DE1.
#9 Posted by thevector (64 posts) -

I'm finishing my masters this year

#10 Posted by SumDeus (1857 posts) -

In my last year of high school.

#11 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1409 posts) -
@thevector said:
" I'm finishing my masters this year "
In what field?
#12 Posted by JJOR64 (18882 posts) -

High school.

#13 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

MSc, sort of a waste of time

#14 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -
@Jack_Daniels said:
" @Green_Incarnate said:
" On my last year.  Bachelor in Computer Science. "
Did you have to take Differential Equations 2 or did you just take DE1. "
I've taken Calc 1 and 2. I'm taking physics now too, so I see them there, but I've never had a class called Differential equations.
#15 Posted by thevector (64 posts) -
@Jack_Daniels: 
Education
#16 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

I've recently gotten my Masters in Not-Giving-A-Shit, otherwise I have a high school education, can't do math for shit though

#17 Posted by Anthony (231 posts) -

Getting a BA in History at the end of this semester. I foresee a lot of burger flipping in my future.

#18 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1409 posts) -
@Green_Incarnate said:
" @Jack_Daniels said:
" @Green_Incarnate said:
" On my last year.  Bachelor in Computer Science. "
Did you have to take Differential Equations 2 or did you just take DE1. "
I've taken Calc 1 and 2. I'm taking physics now too, so I see them there, but I've never had a class called Differential equations. "
Haha your lucky we have to take Cal 1, 2, 3 DE 1 for CS and DE2 for EE. I'm taking Phys 2 right now too. It's pretty easy, since its all algebra.
#19 Edited by Fortenium (102 posts) -

Just graduated from high school in May 2010.

#20 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1409 posts) -
@thevector said:
" @Jack_Daniels:  Education "
Haha, well you can teach.@Anthony said:
" Getting a BA in History at the end of this semester. I foresee a lot of burger flipping in my future. "
... and so can you. I bet you can write and read pretty well. Go to law school. No math just read remember and say "Back in (some year) this court case happened, which proves my client innocent" Then you get 100,000 dollars... to buy 2000 Gold subscriptions with.
#21 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

Penultimate year of secondary school (grade 10).  Currently in my last year of secondary (secondary 5), which will be followed by deciding what I want to do in life, going to a CEGEP and then probably going to a university.

#22 Posted by Altagrave (49 posts) -

High School!
 
Fuck yeah!

#23 Posted by rentfn (1276 posts) -

I'm working on my Masters Degree in Elementary Education. I have a B.A. in Literature and a A.S. in Television Production...Good waste of money right there :)

#24 Posted by zero2000 (70 posts) -
@Jack_Daniels said:
" @Green_Incarnate said:
" On my last year.  Bachelor in Computer Science. "
Did you have to take Differential Equations 2 or did you just take DE1. "
I am in my third year of my bachelors in Computer Science. Contemplating going for a masters, depending on my financial situation in the next year or so.
 
And Jack, I am a math minor, and I am currently taking a Differential equations class right now.
#25 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1409 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ:  College life is SO awesome.@zero2000 said:
" @Jack_Daniels said:
" @Green_Incarnate said:
" On my last year.  Bachelor in Computer Science. "
Did you have to take Differential Equations 2 or did you just take DE1. "
I am in my third year of my bachelors in Computer Science. Contemplating going for a masters, depending on my financial situation in the next year or so.  And Jack, I am a math minor, and I am currently taking a Differential equations class right now. "
I actually ended up with TWO math minors. I got one with my Geo degree, and because I had to take DE2 for EE, I got awarded another one.
#26 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1463 posts) -

Masters in Computer Science (MCS). But understand it's not recent, and my primary language was COBOL, if that tells you anything. :)

#27 Posted by zero2000 (70 posts) -
@Jack_Daniels said:
" @FluxWaveZ:  College life is SO awesome.@zero2000 said:
" @Jack_Daniels said:
" @Green_Incarnate said:
" On my last year.  Bachelor in Computer Science. "
Did you have to take Differential Equations 2 or did you just take DE1. "
I am in my third year of my bachelors in Computer Science. Contemplating going for a masters, depending on my financial situation in the next year or so.  And Jack, I am a math minor, and I am currently taking a Differential equations class right now. "
I actually ended up with TWO math minors. I got one with my Geo degree, and because I had to take DE2 for EE, I got awarded another one. "
We don't have a 2nd Differential Equation class offered, but this is the last math class I will be taking for my minor. I have taken Calc 1, Calc 2, Calc 3, Linear Algebra, Discrete Math, and Differential Equations. I think I remembered them all. Hardest was definitely Calc 2. DE isn't too hard. The teacher just catches me off guard with pop quizzes, but I get As on all the scheduled tests.
#28 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1409 posts) -
@zero2000 said:
" @Jack_Daniels said:
" @FluxWaveZ:  College life is SO awesome.@zero2000 said:
" @Jack_Daniels said:
" @Green_Incarnate said:
" On my last year.  Bachelor in Computer Science. "
Did you have to take Differential Equations 2 or did you just take DE1. "
I am in my third year of my bachelors in Computer Science. Contemplating going for a masters, depending on my financial situation in the next year or so.  And Jack, I am a math minor, and I am currently taking a Differential equations class right now. "
I actually ended up with TWO math minors. I got one with my Geo degree, and because I had to take DE2 for EE, I got awarded another one. "
We don't have a 2nd Differential Equation class offered, but this is the last math class I will be taking for my minor. I have taken Calc 1, Calc 2, Calc 3, Linear Algebra, Discrete Math, and Differential Equations. I think I remembered them all. Hardest was definitely Calc 2. DE isn't too hard. The teacher just catches me off guard with pop quizzes, but I get As on all the scheduled tests. "
I took Linear Algebra, I think that may be my favorite math class of all. It's so freaking useful. I'm taking Statics an engineering elective and everyone is confused on what determinants are. LOL I never took Discrete math... wasn't offered.
#29 Posted by PISTOLcm (126 posts) -

High School. Despite what I was told, my life isn't shit because of not going to college.

#30 Posted by Osaladin (2514 posts) -

I have a BS in Microbiology, and am now finishing my 2nd year of medical school. 

#31 Posted by Xeiphyer (5593 posts) -

In my second year of university.

#32 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

In my senior year of high school and College Applications start in 2 weeks.

#33 Posted by LibraryDues (342 posts) -

I have my Bachelor's in History and am currently working on my law degree.

#34 Posted by Bruce (5264 posts) -
@Jack_Daniels:  
 
Two years of college with the focus on creative writing.
#35 Posted by lilburtonboy7489 (1948 posts) -

got a bachelors in economics from the university of wisconsin, and i'm finishing up my degree in math 
 
then off to grad school for econ

#36 Posted by Video_Game_King (35802 posts) -

The Ten Trials of the King. You can't do better than that.

#37 Posted by kuma17 (155 posts) -

Finishing my first year of uni in a dual bachelor journalism/bachelor of arts degree. Haven't decided my majors but thinking English literature and world history. Other than that, high school, as you can probably guess. 

#38 Posted by SuicidalSnowman (396 posts) -
@Jack_Daniels said:   
Haha, well you can teach.@Anthony said: 
" Getting a BA in History at the end of this semester. I foresee a lot of burger flipping in my future. "
... and so can you. I bet you can write and read pretty well. Go to law school. No math just read remember and say "Back in (some year) this court case happened, which proves my client innocent" Then you get 100,000 dollars... to buy 2000 Gold subscriptions with. "
Yeah, law student here, its not like that at all.  Also history majors are a dime a dozen in law school.  If you have a hard science background, go to law school, take patents, collect $160,000 first year out. 
 
Also, BA, currently 2nd year law student
#39 Posted by Bones8677 (3208 posts) -

5th year University student. Graphic Design major.

#40 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -

I have a 3 year advanced college diploma in Marketing and Business Administration.

#41 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -

Senior year - high school. 

#42 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5796 posts) -

High School.
 
Currently in my first year of community college.

#43 Posted by JessicaBoo (404 posts) -

Bachelor in Administration and Data Processing, IPS 610 - J certificates in soldering and electronic assembly for military, medicine needs. And Self taught photography, web designing..... Im an over achiever so i guess i will stop here xD

#44 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

high school, working on associates degree on multimedia. 
 
i don't know what to do with it.

#45 Posted by gla55jAw (2685 posts) -

Associates Degree in Liberal Arts, working on my Bachelor's, 3 semesters left, it's taking me a few extra years but I'm almost there.

#46 Posted by KingKavik (19 posts) -
@Jack_Daniels:  I'm a 3rd year Electrical Engineering student. We are not required and I've never taken a DE2 class, though there may be a specific EE class designed to teaching it. I don't know.
 
I'm taking Linear Algebra right now. It's my last math class and it's boring as hell (I actually really liked all my other math classes)! I've put it off because I didn't wanna draw matrices over and over to answer a question. Also I took a class and a half on Matlab so I know the basics of matrices pretty well. 
 
Statics was a really cool class! I love that it's basically all relative to... everything. Everything sitting on your desk or the building you're in, or if you wanted to build something, you would know all about 'em from statics. It felt really practical and I enjoyed learning it. It made me want to become a Mechanical Engineer but I figured I would end up with more knowledge about the world if I took Electrical Engineering because mechanical things are a lot more intuitive (You can look at what's happening in an engine and understand how it works, opening a radio doesn't really tell you exactly how it works).
#47 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1409 posts) -
@KingKavik:  Wow my experience couldn't be the opposite. We have a chinese grad student, and this is her first class to ever teach.  I really don't give a shit about this class, and so far its been an easy B. I could try harder but... meh.
#48 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1409 posts) -
@SuicidalSnowman said:
" @Jack_Daniels said:   
Haha, well you can teach.@Anthony said: 
" Getting a BA in History at the end of this semester. I foresee a lot of burger flipping in my future. "
... and so can you. I bet you can write and read pretty well. Go to law school. No math just read remember and say "Back in (some year) this court case happened, which proves my client innocent" Then you get 100,000 dollars... to buy 2000 Gold subscriptions with. "
Yeah, law student here, its not like that at all.  Also history majors are a dime a dozen in law school.  If you have a hard science background, go to law school, take patents, collect $160,000 first year out.  Also, BA, currently 2nd year law student "
How sucky is Law school? Be honest? Isn't it read... memorize... read again?
#49 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I have a High School education, but my real education started when I got broadband in 2005.

#50 Posted by KingKavik (19 posts) -
@Jack_Daniels: Oh no, that sounds really hard. Strong accents are the worst : (. My teacher for the class what an old guy that got a ME degree in the navy and worked for a long time and then taught for a long time. Complete homegrown expert. He'd also talk very loud and repeat things.
 
Something I'll never forget:" A VECTOR HAS TWO THINGS, WHAT ARE THEY?"
 
Whole class: "MAGNITUDE AND DIRECTION." Seriously like every day. Great guy though, reminded me of Dick Van Dyke.