Assassin's Creed 2 vs Left 4 Dead 2-Both are reportedly coming out on the same day. which one are you buying?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

I probably will never buy Left 4 Dead 2. It doesn't seem right to buy what should have been a Left 4 Dead expansion. Assassins Creed 2, on the other hand, seems pretty awesome so I'll go ahead and choose that.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Xeiphyer

No way I'm dishing out $70 for L4D2. (price went up in Canada FYI) I'll probably get AC2 because it looks way better than the previous title, and hopefully they will deliver on their promise of much more diversity. It really depends on the upcoming coverage of both games, I might consider L4D2 depending on its pricing I suppose, But its just too early for me.

Its funny to be in a situation where I'm sad that the next iteration of a game is coming too early for me. Seems to be the first time this has ever happened to me haha. If only it could be this way with other games like Final Fantasy maybe hahaha.

shinyd3mon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By shinyd3mon
@Dr_Feelgood38: It seems to me that Valve should probably release this at a reduced price just to soften the blow, even at $39 PC/$49 Xbox would make me feel better buying it. Considering Halo ODST, Modern Warfare 2, and even Splinter Cell Conviction (as well as Assassins Creed II, although there is no multiplayer.. I think the two audiences for each of these games can be quite different and is not particularly a good head-to-head), all (potential) heavy hitters of the multiplayer variety, are scheduled to release in approximately the same time period, they need to have a deciding factor over whether people choose to buy/play their game for the holidays, or, alternatively, buy one or more of the other blockbuster titles before Christmas and wait for Left 4 Dead 2 to drop in price before they buy it.

I think I'll eventually buy it, just not right at the time of release.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_A_Drain

Uhh... Neither. I havn't finished the first AC yet, it bores the fuck outta me and everytime I get focused and start playing it, the stupid AI just pisses me off (Why the fuck can't I gallop long distances without people instantly knowing i'm an assassin? What, common people don't need to get places in a hurry?)

And my PC died the day L4D came out, so i'm waiting for the price on the 360 version to drop considerably before I pick that up, then i'll probably keep playing it until im something like 800 achievement points or so before even thinking about a sequel.

Of course if I still had a lot of disposable income i'd probably buy one just on impulse, but im so fucking poor at the moment I dont have the money to waste on the sequel of a game I hated, and the sequel of a game I havn't played properly yet.

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
@ShinyD3mon:

I don't think it's Valve's fault. They keep getting blamed for this but I personally think it was Turtle Rock that pressured them into the decision. They were probably ambitious after the first game was such an amazing hit and felt they needed to make a sequel.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By KaosAngel

AC2.  I'm never buying a Valve game again.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Totally going with Assassin's Creed 2.

The original was one of my favorite games of 2007, and as people have pointed out, it's a bit soon for a full-priced Left 4 Dead sequel when the developers have yet to really support the first with any substantial downloadable content. Survival Mode is all sorts of meh.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Azteck

Assassins Creed 2, but not because the other game is Left 4 Dead 2, I would've said that about any game.

Seriously, I don't get peoples rage over this sequel. What about all the other games which come out once a year and offer a hell of a lot less of new content than this game? Where's the fucking boycott for those?!

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By penguindust

Modern Warfare 2 comes out the week before and both Bioshock 2 and Uncharted 2 are due that month.   Plus Dragon Age, Brutal Legend, Borderlands and Alpha Protocol the month before.  The only games this holiday season I am sure I will buy close to "day one" are Uncharted and Mass Effect.  Everything else will be quantified by reliable reviews, demo impressions and compelling video footage.  Even then, I suspect some titles won't be played until 2010.

But of the two choices offered, I'd chose Assassins Creed 2 because what I saw at E3 really impressed me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I personally think we dont know enough about Left 4 Dead 2 to start making judgements about how much new content will be in it, But I do agree that they should be supporting Left 4 Dead a bit more before a sequel comes out, which Ive heard they will but I cant be sure.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By CL60

lol, Assassins Creed 2...why would you buy L4D2 when it's exactly like the first one but OMYGOSH INCENDIARY AMMO!(wtf at that btw)

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By maxszy

Assassin's Creed 2 for sure. God I can't wait for that!

I didn't get that big into L4D except when I was playing with friends in person so I don't think I'll be getting L4D2. Though I don't think getting mad at Valve is fair at all. Perhaps its unlike Valve to be putting out a second one so soon, but they support everything so much. I can't believe people complain now that one thing isn't going to becoming out as free DL support. *sigh*

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By mikemcn

AC2, its gonna be a great

I still havent bough the first L4D so im not too pumped for it

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Pie

Im gonna wait for da reveiws

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Karmum

If I had to buy one on Day 1, it would be Assassin's Creed II.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By teh_destroyer

I will most likely end up emptying out my wallet and buying both.

torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By torus

I will buy both.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Funzzo

I thought AC was a good game, I just got board with it very quick.  L4D2 is coming out way to soon, and I think there are others that would have to agree with me on this.  L4D was fun to for about a month, and I still go back and play it every now and again.  I will buy L4D2 when it comes out. 

Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By pirate_republic

Seriously, why does everyone hate L4D2? If you think it's too early, then buy it when you think it is time, but theres no need for hate.

That said, I'll probably get AC2 first.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21  Edited By Black_Rose

Neither.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By dethfish

AC2 definitely. I liked L4D and I'm sure I'd like L4D2 but I want AC2 so much more.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By natetodamax

I'm gonna try to buy both, but if I can't I'm probably getting Left 4 Dead 2

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The hype train on AC2 hasn't really started up for me yet, as I have yet to finish AC1. L4D 2 looks great though, I think the fanboy cries of "ZOMG VALVE SOLD OUT!!!!1111111" are a bit premature to say the least. Yeah, it's definetly not Valve's style to release a new sequel a year later, but after I watched the interview Ryan did with one of the developers I feel confident that Valve is going to give us our money's worth here.