Atheist Tornado Survivor Trips Up Wolf Blitzer

• 67 results
paulwade1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Doctors and surgeons feel anger sometimes when they've just completed 23 hours of heart surgery and the family and patients say "thank god I'm alright". Talk about a kick in the balls.

Philedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha, I read the title and thought "What's tripping up wolf blitzer style?", thinking it was some weird euphemism.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes Wolf, thank the lord for those dead children! Thank you Jesus! Or Krishna, or Zeus or Thor!

I hate to be such a dickhead, honestly, but I don't understand that logic. Same for "pray for boston." Why pray to the guy who is all powerful and all knowing, but lets an 8 year old get killed by a terrorist. Seriously I don't get it.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is a nice instance of a reasonable misunderstanding between two courteous people. I wish everyone showed this degree of levelheadedness in their everyday lives.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Regardless of whether or not it was awkward (it wasn't), it was still a really stupid question.

zFUBARz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Meh I think the worst part of the video is just Wolf continually trying to get her to say thank god so they could get a sound bite, everything after that was fine.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

What's actually awkward is the group of people trying to pretend that this is awkward.

Nah, the question was kinda awkward. He said "blessed" two or three times, kind of expecting a "thank God" variant from her, and then outright said it She handled it well, though. I'm not blaming him, it's very common in some places of America for a "thank God" to come across after a disaster turns out better than it could have been.

Also, if anyone is weirded out by my excitement and enthusiasm for atheism, it's not to convert unwilling theists, but to demonstrate that conversion is both possible and life affirming. Plenty of atheists, agnostics, and those unsure are so to speak, in the closet, and perhaps me showing some atheist pride would take a burden off them. Not to fight with theists but to combat any feelings of shame placed upon people who are questioning the faith they were raised in.

I'm unsure of whether I want to believe in God or not, and I don't have an issue with telling others, but I just don't want to deal with the hellfire-and-brimstone fallout that I fear the rest of my family will tell me. I'm already something of a black sheep among most of my family anyway.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By neoepoch

At least she was okay. That is more than a lot of other folk can say.

InsaneGenis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone pinpointed the date when CNN was evicted from their studios?

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By development

@bane122 said:

Man, for as much talk I've seen about that video, now that I watch it it doesn't seem awkward at all. He made an assumption, she corrected it, they moved on.

Yeah, they both handled it beautifully. Moles out of mountains or whatever. I'm kinda confused why everyone was so happy, though, considering they were surrounded by the splintered remains of (I assume) her neighborhood. Perhaps some context would have helped.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

What kind of question is that even. "You thank the lord right?" Did he need confirmation somehow? How is it relevant if she does or doesn't...

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobbrobb said:

What kind of question is that even. "You thank the lord right?" Did he need confirmation somehow? How is it relevant if she does or doesn't...

Because your religious beliefs are always relevant to every subject and directly relate to whether you can survive tornadoes or not. Duh.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By Milkman

Okay, well it seems we've reached a consensus in this thread. But this is just fantastic. FOLLOW THE ATHEIST MONEY

Loading Video...

InsaneGenis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By InsaneGenis

@milkman: I loathe that man. There will not be anything unfortunate upon his passing. He's a con man who is getting people killed.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

@milkman said:

Okay, well it seems we've reached a consensus in this thread. But this is just fantastic. FOLLOW THE ATHEIST MONEY

Loading Video...

Christ. Either Beck is the most disingenuous person on the planet or he's out of his goddamn mind. The reason that Wolf's question "seemed forced" was because he was clumsily fishing for a "thank the lord" soundbite. Surely Beck must know that.

InsaneGenis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By InsaneGenis

@funkasaurasrex: He's a man who took his 12 step recovery from drugs and alcohol way to far. He believes everything he says. The con is he needs to seek help vs speaking. No doubt he suffers from mental disorders when he closes the door to his bathroom.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@milkman said:

Loading Video...

Watch the time in the lower right corner. Goes from 3:31 to 5:32 near the end of the video.* I'd like to hear how he closed his comment originally, as this video was clearly edited to fit some form of agenda. He goes from saying "it doesn't have to be nefarious" to saying "we are not fighting against flesh and bone, we are fighting the forces of spiritual darkness."

Why the edit? Did suggesting that this might have been some sort of "prank" by an atheist producer not sound bad enough? And depending on how he closed his actual comment, it could have come off sounding much more reasonable.

Still no fan of his, though.

[edit] I just realized that they're cycling through time-zones, but there's still an awkward cut at that point in the video, and it still looks like an edit to make him look even worse.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

@milkman: that guy kinda looks like guy fieri

(just as douchebaggy too)