• 144 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Edited by JJOR64 (18956 posts) -

Just posted on the Adult Swim Twitter feed about 15min ago.

It's pretty sweet that it's coming back. Plus it will be on Adult Swim so hopefully everything will be uncut now.

Also, sorry if this got posted already. Couldn't find another thread like this one.

#ToonamisBackBitches

#2 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4418 posts) -

FUCK. YES.

#3 Posted by BonOrbitz (2184 posts) -

Let the nostalgic flashbacks commence.

#4 Posted by Dagbiker (6974 posts) -

I will see whats on it, if i remember.

#5 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

So edgy!

#6 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

@BabyChooChoo said:

FUCK. YES.

@JJOR64 said:

Just posted on the Adult Swim Twitter feed about 15min ago.

It's pretty sweet that it's coming back. Plus it will be on Adult Swim so hopefully everything will be uncut now.

Also, sorry if this got posted already. Couldn't find another thread like this one.

WHAT?!?

OH GOD...I'm in tears....This better be true.

#7 Posted by papercut (3476 posts) -

I'll keep watching toonami aftermath til that day. but yes. woot.

#8 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Guess who doesn't care!

/me points to self with thumbs while somehow simultaneously donning sunglasses.

I'm not 13 anymore, guys. I'm just not into it.

#9 Posted by EXTomar (4687 posts) -

Huh...I am honestly surprised. Hope the lineup is interesting!

#10 Posted by Sackmanjones (4688 posts) -

What is this exactly?

#11 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -

I'm not 13 anymore....Ah hell with it! I'm excited about this goddammit!

#12 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4977 posts) -

Sure, right on!

#13 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Come on people, you're never too old for Toonami. Get your shit together.

#14 Posted by neoepoch (1295 posts) -
@Ravenlight said:

Guess who doesn't care!

/me points to self with thumbs while somehow simultaneously donning sunglasses.

I'm not 13 anymore, guys. I'm just not into it.

AWWW, look at who's all gwown up. Is it you? Yes it is, oh yes it is. What a big boy you are now.
#15 Posted by B0nd07 (1699 posts) -

@JJOR64 said:

Also, sorry if this got posted already. Couldn't find another thread like this one.

Well, there was this thread from when the whole thing started after April Fools, but I guess this deserves its own thread.

Exciting news nonetheless!

#16 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@benjaebe said:

Come on people, you're never too old for Toonami. Get your shit together.

But I have better anime to watch than what Toonami airs. D:

#17 Posted by EvilKatarn (465 posts) -

What is this and why are you all so excited?

#18 Posted by Karkarov (3080 posts) -

Damn I might actually have a reason to watch cartoon network again. It is going to rely heavily on what shows they get though, there is actually some good anime out there aimed at things other than kids and teenagers.

#19 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

So will we be getting good cartoons this time, or what?

#20 Posted by Demoskinos (14778 posts) -

If they are just going to show the same lineup of shows that they had before then no thanks. I don't wanna be the guy that shits on everyones parade but I'm just saying... nostalgia can be blinding and leads to disappointment.

#21 Edited by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

... I am crying as I read this... this is... one of the happiest days I have had in years.

It's coming true! Our determination had broke through the darkness once more! Our friend is returning once more!

Our friend Tom returns to all of us!

Now... to do our parts for him. We will watch, tears in our eyes and happiness dripping down our faces! We have won. People say internet backlashes/petitions never work. THIS PROVES THAT WRONG!!! Truly... it does!

Today... is an amazing day for the world of not only TV, not only for Anime, not only for those who grew up with Toonami, but for every being on this planet.

#22 Posted by gamefreak9 (2358 posts) -

Um I loved Naruto and Teen Titans... I guess that's about it though!

#23 Posted by Quarters (1684 posts) -

I think I just peed myself.

#24 Posted by Weltal (2273 posts) -

Soooo they're fucking with you right? Seems like the type of thing Adult Swim would do, create a lot of hype and then when the date rolls around they just play The Room on repeat.

#25 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

So what are they showing?

#26 Posted by Grixxel (765 posts) -
#27 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@scarace360 said:

So what are they showing?

Mediocre and outdated anime they've already aired before, I assume.

#28 Posted by PokeIkzai (385 posts) -

I hope it comes back with an all new lineup, to be honest. But still good news.

#29 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Fuck. Now I'm extremely bummed that I don't have cable anymore :-(

#30 Edited by Gargantuan (1882 posts) -

Do they have any good anime like Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop on Toonami?

#31 Posted by Animasta (14675 posts) -

I still don't get this weird nostalgia for toonami... it's literally a block of television.

#32 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@scarace360 said:

So what are they showing?

Mediocre and outdated anime they've already aired before, I assume.

So naruto? Man i thought they where gonna show something good like the new Hunter X Hunter or even maybe some Eyeshield 21.

#33 Posted by EuanDewar (4899 posts) -

Lol I don't watch TV.

#34 Posted by Animasta (14675 posts) -

@scarace360 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@scarace360 said:

So what are they showing?

Mediocre and outdated anime they've already aired before, I assume.

So naruto? Man i thought they where gonna show something good like the new Hunter X Hunter or even maybe some Eyeshield 21.

why would they need to show new shit? this thread is literally getting excited over steve blum

#35 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@scarace360 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@scarace360 said:

So what are they showing?

Mediocre and outdated anime they've already aired before, I assume.

So naruto? Man i thought they where gonna show something good like the new Hunter X Hunter or even maybe some Eyeshield 21.

My bets would probably be somewhere Naruto, One Piece, DBZ, TTGL.

#36 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@scarace360 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@scarace360 said:

So what are they showing?

Mediocre and outdated anime they've already aired before, I assume.

So naruto? Man i thought they where gonna show something good like the new Hunter X Hunter or even maybe some Eyeshield 21.

why would they need to show new shit? this thread is literally getting excited over steve blum

Steve blum has been in newer shit. Also i would think when you bring something back that you would modernize your lineup a bit.

#37 Posted by Animasta (14675 posts) -

@scarace360 said:

@Animasta said:

@scarace360 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@scarace360 said:

So what are they showing?

Mediocre and outdated anime they've already aired before, I assume.

So naruto? Man i thought they where gonna show something good like the new Hunter X Hunter or even maybe some Eyeshield 21.

why would they need to show new shit? this thread is literally getting excited over steve blum

Steve blum has been in newer shit. Also i would think when you bring something back that you would modernize your lineup a bit.

no way

they gonna ride this nostalgia train until it crashes

#38 Posted by Jrinswand (1705 posts) -

Okay? I never really saw what the big deal about Toonami was. Then again, I never liked any program on Tech TV/G4 (aside from Cops), so maybe I just don't get very excited about television programs.

#39 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@scarace360 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@scarace360 said:

So what are they showing?

Mediocre and outdated anime they've already aired before, I assume.

So naruto? Man i thought they where gonna show something good like the new Hunter X Hunter or even maybe some Eyeshield 21.

My bets would probably be somewhere Naruto, One Piece, DBZ, TTGL.

New or old one piece?

#40 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@scarace360 said:

@Animasta said:

@scarace360 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@scarace360 said:

So what are they showing?

Mediocre and outdated anime they've already aired before, I assume.

So naruto? Man i thought they where gonna show something good like the new Hunter X Hunter or even maybe some Eyeshield 21.

why would they need to show new shit? this thread is literally getting excited over steve blum

Steve blum has been in newer shit. Also i would think when you bring something back that you would modernize your lineup a bit.

no way

they gonna ride this nostalgia train until it crashes

What if it crashes on day 1, then what?

#41 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@scarace360 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@scarace360 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@scarace360 said:

So what are they showing?

Mediocre and outdated anime they've already aired before, I assume.

So naruto? Man i thought they where gonna show something good like the new Hunter X Hunter or even maybe some Eyeshield 21.

My bets would probably be somewhere Naruto, One Piece, DBZ, TTGL.

New or old one piece?

The oldest.

#42 Posted by Animasta (14675 posts) -

@scarace360 said:

@Animasta said:

@scarace360 said:

@Animasta said:

@scarace360 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@scarace360 said:

So what are they showing?

Mediocre and outdated anime they've already aired before, I assume.

So naruto? Man i thought they where gonna show something good like the new Hunter X Hunter or even maybe some Eyeshield 21.

why would they need to show new shit? this thread is literally getting excited over steve blum

Steve blum has been in newer shit. Also i would think when you bring something back that you would modernize your lineup a bit.

no way

they gonna ride this nostalgia train until it crashes

What if it crashes on day 1, then what?

then they go back to regular adult swim

don't they show anime on Saturday anyway?

#43 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@scarace360 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@scarace360 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@scarace360 said:

So what are they showing?

Mediocre and outdated anime they've already aired before, I assume.

So naruto? Man i thought they where gonna show something good like the new Hunter X Hunter or even maybe some Eyeshield 21.

My bets would probably be somewhere Naruto, One Piece, DBZ, TTGL.

New or old one piece?

The oldest.

O so there gonna only go to skypiea then stop.

#44 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Why is Jay crying?

#45 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

So what is Toonami for exactly? Why does the network need something like Toonami to show a certain stable of shows? It seems irrelevant to me. I used to watch DBZ on Toonami many many years ago but.............. the Toonami UI wasn't needed, they could just put the damn thing on. I dunno, I guess I don't understand it.

#46 Posted by yoshisaur (2708 posts) -

If this is what I think it is, then I don't really care. I have a feeling it will just be another stoner/anime fan prime-time kind of thing.

#47 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@scarace360 said:

@Animasta said:

@scarace360 said:

@Animasta said:

@scarace360 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@scarace360 said:

So what are they showing?

Mediocre and outdated anime they've already aired before, I assume.

So naruto? Man i thought they where gonna show something good like the new Hunter X Hunter or even maybe some Eyeshield 21.

why would they need to show new shit? this thread is literally getting excited over steve blum

Steve blum has been in newer shit. Also i would think when you bring something back that you would modernize your lineup a bit.

no way

they gonna ride this nostalgia train until it crashes

What if it crashes on day 1, then what?

then they go back to regular adult swim

don't they show anime on Saturday anyway?

Wouldnt know never watched it.

#48 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

Is this like FOX ANIMATION DOMINATION if it had a host?

#49 Posted by Thevamp25 (230 posts) -

HELL YA!

#50 Edited by Petiew (1346 posts) -
Schedule according to TV guide 
I don't know if their anime block is the same as toonami? Either way, nothing interesting.
 
@Jay444111 said:

The thing people don't realize is that Toonami REALLY popularized anime in the western audience. Hell, without it many studios in Japan may have closed down.

Japan only cares about the anime industry in Japan. The western market is barely an afterthought to be honest. They're even stopping western licensing companies from releasing blurays because it would cut into their own profits.
Online