This just made my day! <3

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#102  Edited By DarkShaper

I don't have TV but this kinda makes me wish that I did.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By MrKlorox

What about the lunatic hypocrites who loved Toonami but hate Adult Swim? Hopefuly they have strokes and stop polluting the internet.

ImaTreee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By ImaTreee

@Ravenlight said:

Guess who doesn't care!

/me points to self with thumbs while somehow simultaneously donning sunglasses.

I'm not 13 anymore, guys. I'm just not into it.

they're probably gonna have more mature anime

ImaTreee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By ImaTreee

dude i hope they show gurren lagann

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By Animasta

@ImaTreee said:

@Ravenlight said:

Guess who doesn't care!

/me points to self with thumbs while somehow simultaneously donning sunglasses.

I'm not 13 anymore, guys. I'm just not into it.

they're probably gonna have more mature anime

@ImaTreee said:

dude i hope they show gurren lagann

gurren lagann is shounen and not really mature btw!

toonami was all about action, which is a shame as there's some great animes they could license if they would bother with it.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#107  Edited By Dagbiker

@MrKlorox said:

What about the lunatic hypocrites who loved Toonami but hate Adult Swim? Hopefuly they have strokes and stop polluting the internet.

Then no one will watch Toonami.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Animasta: You just made me think that if Toonami was half the programming block Noitamina is, that'd be great.

ImaTreee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By ImaTreee

@Animasta: i had baccano in mind when i said that. i know gurren isn't mature but it's so action packed

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Animasta

@Cloudenvy said:

@Animasta: You just made me think that if Toonami was half the programming block Noitamina is, that'd be great.

they should just get the stuff you can watch on youtube, even that would be a better line up

Klaimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Klaimore

I don't have cable so this sucks for me but I'm glad they are bringing it back none the less.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#112  Edited By Dagbiker

Not staying up until 3:30 for the only good show on toonami

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Animasta said:

@Cloudenvy said:

they should just get the stuff you can watch on youtube, even that would be a better line up

Well, it can't be much worse than them just picking the holy square of shounen, right? (Bleach, Naruto, DBZ and One Piece).

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#114  Edited By InfiniteGeass

I'm surprised it's coming back, but glad it is. I wonder what it'll air though. I doubt they'll get rid of Bleach, but will they add anything to the Saturday line up or will it just be the standard anime line up with a Toonami skin around it? I look forward to seeing it's first day back.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Animasta

@Cloudenvy said:

@Animasta said:

@Cloudenvy said:

Well, it can't be much worse than them just picking the holy square of shounen, right? (Bleach, Naruto, DBZ and One Piece).

they got some good stuff up on there actually, none of the big four at all. Some action, some romance, some drama... going through chaos;head right now (even though people said it was shit compared to the VN...)

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Animasta said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Animasta said:

@Cloudenvy said:

they got some good stuff up on there actually, none of the big four at all. Some action, some romance, some drama... going through chaos;head right now (even though people said it was shit compared to the VN...)

I still need to get through Chaos;Head sometime, but I've been warned so many times.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Animasta

@Cloudenvy said:

@Animasta said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Animasta said:

@Cloudenvy said:

I still need to get through Chaos;Head sometime, but I've been warned so many times.

well the VN is pretty good (nothing on the anime yet but I'm just starting it really), but chaos;head is, on the whole, pretty disturbing. Exactly the kind of thing that could be shown on cable at 4 in the morning. also the dub does not pick a good voice actor for the main character, he's not creepy enough.

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By GnaTSoL

QUES Daniel Bryan Theme:

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

.......The real question now is if they'll even be able to show DBZ. As much as I am done with DBZ, it's what made Toonami so huge. It would be weird watching a lineup that didn't include DBZ...

RainbowKraken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By RainbowKraken

Interested in seeing what the line up is.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Animasta said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Animasta said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Animasta said:

@Cloudenvy said:

well the VN is pretty good (nothing on the anime yet but I'm just starting it really), but chaos;head is, on the whole, pretty disturbing. Exactly the kind of thing that could be shown on cable at 4 in the morning. also the dub does not pick a good voice actor for the main character, he's not creepy enough.

I'll probably pick up the VN sometime before Robotics;Notes rolls around. Don't worry, if I'm ever going to watch Chaos;Head I will not be watching the dub.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By MrKlorox
@Dagbiker said:

@MrKlorox said:

Then no one will watch Toonami.

Considering it's part of Adult Swim, this will happen anyway.
GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By GnaTSoL

Also here's the lineup I think they should show:

Bleach - 9pm

00 Gundam - 9.5pm

DBZ - 10pm

Gurren Laggan - 10.5pm

Gai-rai Zero - 11pm

The Tower of Drauga - 11.5 pm

Air Gear - 12pm

Deadman Wonderland - 12.5 am

Blade of the Immortal - 1am

Cowboy Bebop - 1.5am

Then I guess it repeats after that. All superb animes. There were a couple other ones I wanted on there but I think they're too graphic for TV. :(

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#123  Edited By AngelN7

Man you guys are a bunch of squares! let the people who care about this have thier fun, why do you feel the need to come and crash their party if you don't care about this Toonami stuff ?

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#124  Edited By TheHBK

So it can be simplified to say Dragonball Z is back.

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#125  Edited By FateOfNever

hm.. I'd want to know what's actually in the line up. I stopped watching cartoon network quite a while ago. Namely when they said "fuck anime, let's crowd the time slots with more family guy, squid billies, and other total garbage and not even tell people when animes are changing time slots or anything." So if this is a return to more anime, and they give it a decent line up (I swear to everything if Inuyashi gets put back on I'm not going anywhere near Cartoon Network.)

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Jay444111

I think some good anime they could use is...

Gurren Lagann for how fucking amazing it is and it fits.

Panty and Stocking. Somehow if they were able to do this unedited with funimations newest dub than high five for them. This show beastly and weird as fuck. Fits in with FLCL.

Full Metal Panic could work amazingly as well. The dubbing was great in that one, had great action and comedy to it!

The last season of SHIN CHAN!!! Just for the adult swim joke Funimation made.

Persona 4 the animation. That would kick ass and it would be very popular.

My Bride is a mermaid. fucking funny as hell and has some good action moments. Great dub too.

Eden of the East would be an awesome short one.

Hetalia... maybe... It would be funny as hell when some parent stays up to see it and gets pissy online, that would be funny as hell.

If they wanted some echi stuff they could always go with High School of The Dead!

Or... if they could somehow do it... Sekirei... I doubt it but damn it would probably be pretty edited in terms of black bars and fuzzies.

Heavens Lost property also possible... thankfully they have blocked all the bits out anyways. It is just sugguestive as hell.

In fact... I think the echi stuff may be their highest rated stuff... the more I think about it... <_<

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Jay444111

@FateOfNever said:

hm.. I'd want to know what's actually in the line up. I stopped watching cartoon network quite a while ago. Namely when they said "fuck anime, let's crowd the time slots with more family guy, squid billies, and other total garbage and not even tell people when animes are changing time slots or anything." So if this is a return to more anime, and they give it a decent line up (I swear to everything if Inuyashi gets put back on I'm not going anywhere near Cartoon Network.)

Currently they are going to keep the anime they had. But they have said they are going for original anime programming just for toonami soon here. Here is my source.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/05/16-1/adult-swim-developing-original-anime-programming-for-toonami

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By FateOfNever

@Jay444111 said:

@FateOfNever said:

Currently they are going to keep the anime they had. But they have said they are going for original anime programming just for toonami soon here. Here is my source.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/05/16-1/adult-swim-developing-original-anime-programming-for-toonami

Interesting. The note of them bringing back stuff they had makes me worry that we'll get overrun with Inuyasha again. I can't say I would mind if they did things like bring back DBZ, any of the Gundam series, Cowboy Beebop (even though I own the entire series), or even some of the more interesting stuff they showed once they ditched the Toonami name and went with Adult Swim. The new original anime part is the thing that I find interesting. Perhaps a bit worried about it considering how I felt about most of the Adult Swim shows near the time I stopped watching, but, I guess it would be worth checking out at least once. Not like there's much else decent on late night.

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By GnaTSoL

HAHA! I swear, if they make more ugly, flash-looking cartoons and just add in action and anime eyes, I will lose all hope for an Animation renaissance,

IF they're smart, they'll watch Legend of Korra currently airing and see/take from that how a cartoon should be done. No more low-frame, budget shit.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#130  Edited By breadfan

Meh.

Dynablade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#131  Edited By Dynablade

I'd be surprised if the cooperate big-wigs have the testicular fortitude to actually get the rights to air Persona 4, or Gurren Lagann.

I love the fact Toonami is coming back after being gone for a few years. I'd rather watch old shows I haven't seen in years then turning on the tv to see some low budget, uninspired, unfunny shitfest that invades cable tv on a routine basis.

Devoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#132  Edited By Devoid

Did American Toonami ever air G Gundam? 'Cause if they didn't, they need to get that.

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By GnaTSoL

They did Devoid but 00 Gundam would be a better choice now.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#134  Edited By FCKSNAP

@BraveToaster said:

So will we be getting good cartoons this time, or what?

Exactly my thoughts.

Avatar image for indiana_jenkins
indiana_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By indiana_jenkins

I think this is great.

However, let's be real. We will stop tuning in after about a month.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't believe toonami ran until 2008, I stopped watching in 03 or so and heard nothing of it past that.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Jay444111

@Indiana_Jenkins said:

I think this is great.

However, let's be real. We will stop tuning in after about a month.

Doubt it unless you guys are REALLY pessimistic. Hell, AS had gotten like 1.2 million views at one time on april fools so there IS a audience. Besides, Toonami AS would work way more than what they are currently doing with sending shows to the slaughter without any ads at all. Hell, I never even HEARD of Durara until I finally saw like... episode 6...

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By GnaTSoL

Wow. I'm soooo hype... Can't wait for the reveal promos!

And the idea of watching new, original, animations is just genious by Toonami. They wouldn't have gotten far by just licensing animes since most people just watch the fan-subs that come out usually a day after their japanese airing. Thank god I sent them all that feedback. It's like they read all of it.

mikethekilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By mikethekilla

Good to hear

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Barrock

How long does this last?

Muerthoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Muerthoz

Currently, the schedule for saturday shows (times are eastern)

12:00 a.m. - Bleach

12:30 a.m. - Deadman Wonderland

1:00 a.m. - Casshern Sins

1:30 a.m. - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

2:00 a.m. - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG

2:30 a.m. - Cowboy Bebop

Then it repeats from 3 to 6.

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@Muerthoz: Is this the list for what will run when Toonami returns? If so awful list, Cowboy is the only show I'd watching in that list.

Muerthoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Muerthoz
Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@Muerthoz: Well here's hoping once they get funding they'll get better shows.