Audio Converter for Windows?

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Good afternoon Duders,

Do any of you have some good suggestions for an audio converter for windows? I use MAX for Mac, but I have not really found a good analog on the windows platform. Really I am just looking for all of the major audio formats. I usually end up ripping the originals in Apple Lossless and then usually down sample to 128 or less for podcasts to fit them on my devices where audio quality isn't super important in that setting.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

People tend to use dbpoweramp. But I prefer to just use the "Convert" command from the contextual menu in foobar2000 which is my preferred player. You just need to point it to where you keep LAME.exe and the FLAC encoder and you're done.

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ViciousReiven

Normally I'd recommend fre:ac (https://www.freac.org/) but Apple Lossless is one of the few major types it doesn't support, if you were to rip to FLAC it'd be fine.

MillaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do pretty much the same as @qrdl. I have dbpoweramp, and it is versatile but not free. I use foobar2000 as my media player, so it's convenient. If you want a free standalone converter, you might try DVDVideoSoft's Free Audio Converter or Freemake's Audio Converter. Either should handle just about anything you are going to throw at it.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By qrdl

I'm sure there was an ALAC encoding component for foobar once (I always installed it and never used), but it seems it's been removed from their site since then. Pity.

EDIT: It's here