Audiogame Jam

jameskyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi everyone, I'm organising a game jam - Audiogame Jam - to raise money for the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) and I'm looking for people to participate.

The jam tasks entrants with creating a game that is accessible to people without sight. While the games may have visual elements these shouldn't give sighted players any advantage or additional information over blind or partially sighted players.

It begins on Friday August 26th 12:00 GMT and ends Monday September 5th 12:00am GMT. I'm hoping over the 10 days we'll see some interesting ways of using sound to play games, perhaps some re-imaginings of classic games in audio form and no doubt a few good old-fashioned text adventures.

Anyway, everyone is welcome and if you have any suggestions, advice or feedback I'd appreciate it.

jameskyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove: Yeah, I've been using Twitter a lot for that today, pestering anyone I can think of that might be interested in game accessibility, game dev projects for charity or game jams in general. I do worry that I'm being a bit of a pest but I figure the issue is important enough to continue.

jameskyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a reminder that Audiogame Jam starts tomorrow!

No Caption Provided

It'd be great to have some GB community members take part, but everyone is welcome to try the games once the event is over. It looks like we'll have a quite varied selection of games to try, with a VR project or two in the mix also. It's grown far beyond my expectations so I'm very excited to see what is submitted and how people respond.

jameskyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jameskyle
No Caption Provided

Audiogame Jam ended on Monday with 16 submitted games. I'm sure all the participating devs would love to have their games played and receive feedback. Donations are also very welcome and can be made through our JustGiving page. Any donations go towards helping RNIB provide essential support and services to people with sight loss across the UK.